Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 216171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: We Return: Knicks @ Boston - Sun, April 17 @ 7:00pm

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    I really think we should trade Bilups+Fields for CP3 while Fields' trade value is still high.
    really? would you trade cp3 for billups and fields if u were NOs GM?
    we might as well trade anthony carter for dirk and tyson chandler

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    CP3 has Bellineli, Oke, Ariza, and undersized PF in Landry. He controlled that game today and got all of those guys involved and clicking.

Can you imagine him on this team w Amare, Melo and our role guys???

It wouldn't even have been close. Smf @ these fools.

Getting Paul is a no-brainer people!
    I'm gonna keep saying it cos it's true. We'll do everything we can to get CP3 and if the package is right there's no doubt CP3 wants to be here.

As for this year, a game 7 v Boston is all I wanted, how it goes is down to fate but to get to it shows our growth.

Veteran

If the ref is going to call a bull**** offensive on that possession he needs to call a techinical with Rivers on the court playing a 6th defender right behind Melo as he shoots....since when is that allowed.

Originally Posted by Toons
    really? would you trade cp3 for billups and fields if u were NOs GM?
    we might as well trade anthony carter for dirk and tyson chandler
    Well cp3 doesn't want to be in NO and at least they would get something in return instead of getting Lebron'd

EDIT: Also the NBA is the GM of NO and why wouldn't Stern want his richest franchise playing well?

Superstar

Default Cant Blame the Refs

Originally Posted by smokes
    I don't mind Melo taking the last shot but seriously why a deep 3 he had another few seconds on the clock and did not really try to get it to midrange where he is most dangerous.

The Celtics were tired, you could see it the entire last 5 minutes was a struggle for them but they do have what it takes down the stretch. If we had stretched the game out another 5 minutes we would have had the advantage. Still. Bleh

That call was BS but it's not fixed guys, that's home court advantage for you. If we beat them next game we will have 3 chances to win games on those kinds of calls.
    When you are up 51-39 at halftime and only score 85 in the game (thats only 34 pts in the whole 2nd half 17p quarter avg) and say what you want thats either a CLAMP Down Defense by the Celts (playoff BB Defense) or we STUNK on Offense in 2nd half. We are the team that is supposed to be able to put up at least a 100ppg at least every game. Even all the ESPN guys and Media figured we would put up at least a 100 and said the Celt would avg to come way up over their avg of 90 to win series. So yes those were both bad calls at end of game with Melo on the Offensive foul and TD not getting any call when he was knocked down.

our needs are a defensive big man and a defensive sg to balance the offense. if we get paul, we have no flexability for a quality big or sg (unless we rely on fields' development) go after howard. if orlando gets embarrassed this post season, its his best bet to come to new york for his chance at a ring.

if you still think that

paul
    melo
    amare

is a better big 3 for the knicks than

melo
    amare
    howard

then you are blind
    Does Howard even want to come here???

I hear you toons, but you got people on here saying we need to get Deandre Jordan and Marc Gasol over Paul.. smh

If we have a real shot at Howard then that's different. But I'm not sure how realistic it is to expect him to come here. All indications are that he would go to the Lakers thus far.

Paul has clearly stated that he wants to be here.

Oh yeah and how's Howard doing against the Hawks??

melo - 5 for 18

cant win like this.

amare 12 for 18 and gets no touches late in the quarter

Still so gutted, we had that one in the bag. Now I got a bad feeling we're gonna get smashed in game 2.

i see both aquisitions unrealitic honestly

paul is second or on my list of almost available players.

players like howard come once every 5-10 years

All and all. There are many positives to take from this game: Turiaf, Melo's off game, Amare's dominance of Boston's bigs, our defense tnite.

Looking forward to game 2.

How is getting Paul unrealistic? He's been wanting to team up with STAT&Melo since the summer.

yeah, time out situation was ****ed. leaving the game up to the refs is a killer. in boston we need to be up by like 10+ by crunch time. these guys are pro's at getting calls. lots to be encouraged about tho. i think we have a really good defense effort going. douglas could turn out to turn it on in the rest of the series. i think melo will figure his **** out before next game, he is clutch, i think those early fouls took his head out of the game.

Amar'e is a beast and is going to destroy jermaine o'neil and kg. hoping that shaq can't come back 100%. If billups is out i think it might serve us better in this series where we can actually win with a good defensive effort and more plays done with motion.

melo - 5 for 18

cant win like this.

amare 12 for 18 and gets no touches late in the quarter
    Ultimately, 'Melo lost the game. Terrible 2nd half and a brutal 4th quarter. A missed free throw, a turnover, missing shot after shot.

MD also proved once again... He's a below average coach and a liability in the final minutes of games. How do we not have a BIG protecting the basket? Anyway...

GIVE ALLEN CREDIT. He hit that shot (did MD make thr mistake having a rookie on a HOF). That was the game winner.

BUT, the refs certainly made an impact. They alowed BOS to get physical in the 3rd. Changed the way the game was called, then switched back to calling ticky-tack calls down the stretch. Calling a foul on TD (giving Allen a 3-point play) on barely-hardly any contact, then not calling the same thing the following possession when Amar'e drove to the hoops and was hacked... HOW IS THIS CONSISTENT?

And then to decide the game on a 50/50 questionable call 28 feet away from the basket? Then again... blame coach. Rivers didn't design a play to bury the ball on the wing, elbow-extended... MD did though.

Anyway, all we need is the split. Maybe we win Game 2.

BTW where the hell was Sheldon Williams?

So do players like Paul.

But I distinctly remember you saying we need a big and a shooting guard over Paul. That I don't agree w. Now you're throwing Howard at me. But would Howard be more impactful on THIS team??

Paul elevates guys. W Paul you can live w Landrys and Arizas in your starting lineup. You can live w having an offensively challenged, undersized big in Okeafor and still give the Lakers fits. He controls everything so nicely and makes his teammates better.

W Paul we could live w Walker as our 2 and Turiaf as our C, w Amare and Melo. We'd be a championship contender w that lineup IMO. Easily.