Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 519202122232425
Results 361 to 368 of 368

Thread: We Return: Knicks @ Boston - Sun, April 17 @ 7:00pm

  1. #361
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    I disagree. This can be a galvanizing moment for us.

    Next time, once we realize the Celtics can't stop us, we CAN'T let the zebras stop us either.

    We win next game. Its war time. No excuses.
    Agreed.

    I also feel like this team feels as if they got screwed out of game 1. And if they don't feel that way, they should.

    You see the heart Amar'e showed at the end? He is pissed off, and I bet he is more pissed off now. Melo had only 3 quarters, he doesn't get two early fouls and has a better game we win.

  2. #362
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    ****ing bull****!!!

    This happens all the ****ing time!

    We play absolutely fantastic and then lose by a last second shot to these ****ing pieces of ****.

    Fields and Melo were piss poor.

    D'Antoni better let Derrick Brown dress up and bench Fields in a suit, this guy is ****ing useless since the trade!

    We'll get swept now. This one was the momentum killer for us.
    If we only had a decent shooting guard...we could tear those SmellDicks apart!

    Great move to cut Azubuike!

    ****ing bull****

    AZUBUIKE NEEDS KNEE SURGERY AGAIN !!!!!
    FIELDS SHUT DOWN ALLEN IN THE FIRST HALF.

  3. #363
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Blumatic
    None of those plays were creative. That KG dunk was a mental collapse bot coach and team.

    Phil Jackson never draws up a play for Jordan or Kobe. He lets em go. Now Dant not know for drawing up plays but I dont blame him for that.

    You up by 1 or 2 points with less than a minute on the clock you run the clock down.

    That play by Allen and KG needed quick execution plays but none were creative. On resulted on the brain fart and another should have been an offensive foul on KG when he trpped TD23 thus leavig Allen open (If they would swallowed the whistle on the Melo play I would hav understand the no call with KG and Douglas but that is was not the case and the inconsistent whistles cost us the game.
    I guess you missed that play Jax designed to get Fisher that look a few years ago against the Spurs, when he caught and sank that HUGE playoff shot...

    Coaches know how to get their players the ball. Coaches also know to protect the rim... Sure, a mental lapse... or credit Rivers for created havoc with motion and picks. D'antoni loves man and has no defensive creativity. Simple as that. It's also why he allowed Allen to get a wide open look. DOUBLE ALLEN. Make anybody but Allen and Paul beat you.

    Anyway... not the end of the world. It's just an example that if we had Rivers and BOS had Dantoni... Knicks win that game, based on what happened down the stretch.

    It's not the end of the world.

  4. #364
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    +1 I've been saying this forever....

    What's really been making me mad all season (especially this game) was that Antoni doesn't say crap to the refs when they keep calling garbage fouls against us. I counted 10 different fouls today that either went uncalled or that we're called against us and Antoni said NOTHING to the refs.

    And how the heck do they call a foul on us with :20 seconds remaining when the defender ran directly into Anthony? Of course he's gonna stick his arm out, it's human nature when someone runs into you... Add that to Douglas getting tripped on the very next play that goes uncalled and I swear this league is rigged. Seriously.

    I said that this crap was going to happen before the series even started and boy was I right. I'm getting tired of investing my time in this league just to be rewarded with loss after loss because the refs give the opponents team the game. With less than a minute remaining the refs need to let the teams play or call the game evenly. The only solution I can think of to fix this is for Antoni to start getting on the ref's asses... I don't know what else to say...
    You sure did hit the nail on the head. I can live with calling 2 quick fouls on our best player 3 minutes into the 1st quarter; I can live with allowing BOS to turn up the heat in the 3rd quarter, letting the game get way more physical than normal; and I can even live with the refs suddenyl turning the switch off and suddenly not allowing such contact in the 4th quarter. And, finally, I can even endure a sequence of events we saw with a few minutes left... when on two consecutive possessions they call that foul on Douglas when he barely touched Allen (for a AND-1 3-point play), then not call a foul on J-O'Neill when Amar'e went hard to the basket, spun and got hit when he made the basket.

    Refs gave BOS 1 free point, and took away a point from NY by not calling the foul. That +2 point favor for BOS was the game.

    I can live with that. ALL PART OF THE GAME.

    BUT, what I wont stand... is calling that foul on Carmelo with 20 seconds left, NY up by 1 point, and the ball is 27 feet away from the hoop and 'melo has his back to the basket. 2 star players jostling for position. BOTH players battling and making contact with the other. NO CLEAR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE WAS GAINED. Let the players decide the game, as coach POP in SA said yesterday.

    THEN, on the very next possession... THE SAME REF STANDING RIGHT THERE LOOKING DIRECTLY AT THE ACTION, they don't call the foul on KG when he jumps into Douglas' space attemtping to set a pick with 11 seconds left... AND TRIPS DOUGLAS... A CLEAR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE WAS GAINED on this play.

    Take the Allen-Amar'e back-2-back plays, and then the Carmelo-DOuglas back-2back plays... and there's your ballgame. Exactly how a refs whistle... a call or non-call can sway the game and determine the outcome. Simple as that.

    After Game-6 SAC-LAKERS... YOu cannot draw any other conclusion that the NBA is fixed. THEN, when a ref gets busted... What? You think there's only 1 crooked ref here?

    This is my problem with the NBA... There are bad calls in all sports, and just like NFL & MLB so many calls are subjective and left to the discretion of the refs/umps/judges/whatnot. BUT ONLY IN THE NBA DO YOU AWARD FREE POINTS to a team when you make a bogus call.

    OH FREAKING WELL.

    BOS still won the game. The refs did not win it for them. Knicks still lost the game. Carmelo missed that final 3, and we avoided Amar'e down the stretch.

    Still... It leaves a bad taste.

  5. #365
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    not the end of the world... but... you are in boston where you haven't won in 4ever... its the first game of the playoffs where we ain't been in 4ever, seems to be you go balls to the wall and you win it... team needs and the fans need it but not d'aint he just sat there and watched us lose it... didn't save any time outs... let the offense get out of control.... no touches for stat going down to the end, didn't sub anyone in for defense, on and on. but this is what really gets me: he pulled fields because of his offense. fields shuts down allen the first half but gets pulled because of his offense instead putting chuckers walker carter and douglas out there, and allen takes over the game. d'aint just doesn't believe defense wins. he didn't believe it in phoenix and he done believe here.

  6. #366
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    You sure did hit the nail on the head. I can live with calling 2 quick fouls on our best player 3 minutes into the 1st quarter; I can live with allowing BOS to turn up the heat in the 3rd quarter, letting the game get way more physical than normal; and I can even live with the refs suddenyl turning the switch off and suddenly not allowing such contact in the 4th quarter. And, finally, I can even endure a sequence of events we saw with a few minutes left... when on two consecutive possessions they call that foul on Douglas when he barely touched Allen (for a AND-1 3-point play), then not call a foul on J-O'Neill when Amar'e went hard to the basket, spun and got hit when he made the basket.

    Refs gave BOS 1 free point, and took away a point from NY by not calling the foul. That +2 point favor for BOS was the game.

    I can live with that. ALL PART OF THE GAME.

    BUT, what I wont stand... is calling that foul on Carmelo with 20 seconds left, NY up by 1 point, and the ball is 27 feet away from the hoop and 'melo has his back to the basket. 2 star players jostling for position. BOTH players battling and making contact with the other. NO CLEAR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE WAS GAINED. Let the players decide the game, as coach POP in SA said yesterday.

    THEN, on the very next possession... THE SAME REF STANDING RIGHT THERE LOOKING DIRECTLY AT THE ACTION, they don't call the foul on KG when he jumps into Douglas' space attemtping to set a pick with 11 seconds left... AND TRIPS DOUGLAS... A CLEAR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE WAS GAINED on this play.

    Take the Allen-Amar'e back-2-back plays, and then the Carmelo-DOuglas back-2back plays... and there's your ballgame. Exactly how a refs whistle... a call or non-call can sway the game and determine the outcome. Simple as that.

    After Game-6 SAC-LAKERS... YOu cannot draw any other conclusion that the NBA is fixed. THEN, when a ref gets busted... What? You think there's only 1 crooked ref here?

    This is my problem with the NBA... There are bad calls in all sports, and just like NFL & MLB so many calls are subjective and left to the discretion of the refs/umps/judges/whatnot. BUT ONLY IN THE NBA DO YOU AWARD FREE POINTS to a team when you make a bogus call.

    OH FREAKING WELL.

    BOS still won the game. The refs did not win it for them. Knicks still lost the game. Carmelo missed that final 3, and we avoided Amar'e down the stretch.

    Still... It leaves a bad taste.
    I completely agree with everything you said. To add to that, if the Knicks got a couple more defensive rebounds it may not have been that close a game. We need to do a better job securing these rebounds. There were too many second chance pioints given up and that was a huge reason why BOS was able to stick around until the 4th.

    I also had a problem with Dantoni taking Fields off Allen for most of the 2nd half. Allen wasn't getting good looks with Fields on him and this is mostly because of two things: Size and commitment. What I mean by "commitment" is that unlike TD, Fields doesn't try to play the passing lanes all the time and thus stayed on his man. I DO NOT have a problem with TD's defense at all but when your guarding a shooter like Allen, you need to focus totally on him and not worry about briefly doubling or helping out on the passing lanes. That little window of opportunity is enough to get Allen going.

    The last play was very bad. I know Melo has already made last second shots for us but the smarter option down 2 would have been to drive to the basket or get al little closer for a pull up jumper. Also, TD was WIDE open.

    I hate that Amare never got another shot in the final minutes. Dantoni said they couldn't get him the ball because KG had him draped up. Eh, I don't think that's a valid excuse. Unless your being doubled, there is no way you can't get the ball without being fouled.

    I actually think Dantoni did a good job preparing them for the game. However, there was a mental lapse on his part (something I've always been afraid of with him in a close game down the wire). With no timeouts left, you must have your team ready to run your best play should the opposing team score. After Ray hit that 3, it was basically do whatever you can for the last 11 seconds. This is the playoffs. You have to have EVERYTHING in order.

  7. #367
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by stuntmanmike
    not the end of the world... but... you are in boston where you haven't won in 4ever... its the first game of the playoffs where we ain't been in 4ever, seems to be you go balls to the wall and you win it... team needs and the fans need it but not d'aint he just sat there and watched us lose it... didn't save any time outs... let the offense get out of control.... no touches for stat going down to the end, didn't sub anyone in for defense, on and on. but this is what really gets me: he pulled fields because of his offense. fields shuts down allen the first half but gets pulled because of his offense instead putting chuckers walker carter and douglas out there, and allen takes over the game. d'aint just doesn't believe defense wins. he didn't believe it in phoenix and he done believe here.
    Yeah, in retrospect I'm sure Antoni regrets that decision (maybe). This is where a good coaching staff comes in or at least a good defensive one.

  8. #368
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I completely agree with everything you said. To add to that, if the Knicks got a couple more defensive rebounds it may not have been that close a game. We need to do a better job securing these rebounds. There were too many second chance pioints given up and that was a huge reason why BOS was able to stick around until the 4th.

    I also had a problem with Dantoni taking Fields off Allen for most of the 2nd half. Allen wasn't getting good looks with Fields on him and this is mostly because of two things: Size and commitment. What I mean by "commitment" is that unlike TD, Fields doesn't try to play the passing lanes all the time and thus stayed on his man. I DO NOT have a problem with TD's defense at all but when your guarding a shooter like Allen, you need to focus totally on him and not worry about briefly doubling or helping out on the passing lanes. That little window of opportunity is enough to get Allen going.

    The last play was very bad. I know Melo has already made last second shots for us but the smarter option down 2 would have been to drive to the basket or get al little closer for a pull up jumper. Also, TD was WIDE open.

    I hate that Amare never got another shot in the final minutes. Dantoni said they couldn't get him the ball because KG had him draped up. Eh, I don't think that's a valid excuse. Unless your being doubled, there is no way you can't get the ball without being fouled.

    I actually think Dantoni did a good job preparing them for the game. However, there was a mental lapse on his part (something I've always been afraid of with him in a close game down the wire). With no timeouts left, you must have your team ready to run your best play should the opposing team score. After Ray hit that 3, it was basically do whatever you can for the last 11 seconds. This is the playoffs. You have to have EVERYTHING in order.
    You hit the nail on the head. A lot of us bash Dantoni b/c we don't appreciate his style, philosophy and system... But last night just shows why you cannot win with him in the NBA, b/c he's a beow average to poor in-game coach... His refusal to have any scheme on defense other than just play your man, his refusal to try to take away something from the opponent, his substitution and rotation patterns, and his inability to get his team points from his clipboard coming out of a timeout.

    1) How do you not have somebody protecting the rim? heck, I would have sent in Sheldon Williams, Jeffries & Turiaf. TOld JEFF to shadow Allen and not allow a 3, have Shedlen & Turiaf focus and protect the rim and nothing else.

    2) How do you not understand that MOST OFTEN the ball goes back to the man inbounding, and the one thing you do not want is Allen shooting a 3!

    3) After going 6-7 i the 4th, how does Amar'e get shutout the final 7 possessions?

    I would live with the defenses lapses and lack of skills from out coach to not get fooled for once on one of these plays coming out of a TO down the stretch... I would endure the constant state of confusion our defense seems to be in down the final few minutes in games, as if they had no idea the other team would attempt something... I would stand all of this if only I was positive our coach would FOOL THE OTHER TEAM in the same situations... But more often than not the other coach knows exactly wht we will do. Hand ball to most clutch player, go ISO and hope for the best.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 255
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2010, 19:45
  2. Replies: 219
    Last Post: Apr 15, 2009, 06:35
  3. Knicks at Magic 3/21 7PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2009, 10:06
  4. Game 5: Knicks vs Wizards 11/7 @ 7:00pm ET
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: Nov 08, 2008, 22:15
  5. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 11:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •