Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: That ****ing ref better sleep with one eye open

Originally Posted by ducktales17
    Somebody ****ing hold me back. I'm SO ****ING PISSED RIGHT NOW I don't even know what to do. I literally want that ref dead. I've never been so upset in my life. Maybe its the pile up of 7 straight years with no playoff appearances? That game was ours. And that bitch ass ****er took it away from us.
    I feel the same f*ckin way bro.....

Can't believe it, that was a straight robbery. I haven't been this mad over a game in a looooooong time! I wasn't this mad when the Jets lost to NE 45-3 this past season, and I was sitting right there in foxboro in the thick of it. Losing 2 AFCCGs wasn't this bad because atleast I could say the Jets just weren't the better team that day, but tonight is a diffrent story.

When you bget robbed like this by the f*ckin refs after fighting and scrapping all game long, it leaves me full of anger and frustration! I gotta work 15 hours tommorrow and be up at 6am and I know I'm not going to sleep cause of this BS!!!!!!!!!

Somewhere Craig Ehlo and Byron Russell are screaming that Jordan pushed off! Where's the off. foul?

Originally Posted by PaPZ187
    When you bget robbed like this by the f*ckin refs after fighting and scrapping all game long, it leaves me full of anger and frustration! I gotta work 15 hours tommorrow and be up at 6am and I know I'm not going to sleep cause of this BS!!!!!!!!!
    Oh and forgot to mention the best part.....I gotta work short handed tommorrow because one of my coworkers (Celtics fan) texted me after the game he is calling out because hes drunk and exhausted from a "great game"!

M*THER F*CKER!!!!!!

REPLAY actually shows that Paul P. had his hands on Carmelo's back the entire time, right as the cross from half court until pass was delivered. A terrible call. Again, like what happened in the BIG EAST TOURNY, the ref has to be removed and penalized. NO WAY you can permit that sort of officiating on this level.

Originally Posted by mafra
    REPLAY actually shows that Paul P. had his hands on Carmelo's back the entire time, right as the cross from half court until pass was delivered. A terrible call. Again, like what happened in the BIG EAST TOURNY, the ref has to be removed and penalized. NO WAY you can permit that sort of officiating on this level.
    Agree 180%! They need to hand down a fine or suspension or something to that ref, that was a joke.....still cant believe it.

This is the Boston Celtics we are dealing with. Of course they get Bull**** Calls. I had to go to the store after the 2nd started and I recorded the 2nd half on DVR. Boy was I pissed. that foul on Carmelo was pathetic. Pierce the flopper. Someone needs to knock that smug look off his face as well.

Agree 180%! They need to hand down a fine or suspension or something to that ref, that was a joke.....still cant believe it.
    If Phil Jackson got fined for just talking about the lockout then that ref should definitely get fined.

Mother ****er. We Had This ****ing Game, How The **** Does Some **** Like That Happen?

Offensive Foul!?!?!? Are You Blowing Me??!?

Not only were the hands on the back, but when Carmelo stopped after he caught the ball, Pierce initiated the contact b/c his momentum carried him into Anthony's back, then when "melo leaned back quickly, Paul flopped a bit.

The bottom line was the ref had whistle in his mouth and was ready to blow it. First sign of contact, without even thinking, b/c makng a call is in the DNA of NBA refs... he blows the whistle. PLZ. Keep the whistle on your chest... Only blow it if somebody gains a CLEAR advantage b/c of contact.

A knee-jerk, almost involuntary reaction and the game is lost.

Look... most likely BOS wins regardless. Even if Melo swishes the 2-pointer in that spot... But to have the ref take away a possession down the final 30 seconds? Just can't be allowed to happen.

You guys really think the ref blew the game? The replay i saw definitely was an offensive foul. Melo cost us the game and to me showed why he has had such little play-off success. He continues to chuck up shots when Amare had 28 points and two of the best baskets of the game with three minutes left. Then all of a sudden melo goes back to being a ball stopper followed by a fade away chuck. While i certainly understand Melo makes us a contender he has a lot to work on. Instead of him with the ball in the fourth quarter i want Amare. He is a BEAST and took it to KG time and time again. So instead of blaming the ref for making the right call we should be blaming Mello's inconsistant shooting and poor decision making for the reason this game resulted in a bit fat L. Props to Turiaf and Douglas, and boos for fields and melo from this game.
    P.S Lets go nuggets i miss ray, chandler, and gallo so much!!!

Originally Posted by naterob4
    You guys really think the ref blew the game? The replay i saw definitely was an offensive foul. Melo cost us the game and to me showed why he has had such little play-off success. He continues to chuck up shots when Amare had 28 points and two of the best baskets of the game with three minutes left. Then all of a sudden melo goes back to being a ball stopper followed by a fade away chuck. While i certainly understand Melo makes us a contender he has a lot to work on. Instead of him with the ball in the fourth quarter i want Amare. He is a BEAST and took it to KG time and time again. So instead of blaming the ref for making the right call we should be blaming Mello's inconsistant shooting and poor decision making for the reason this game resulted in a bit fat L. Props to Turiaf and Douglas, and boos for fields and melo from this game.
    Please. It was not an obvious offensive foul. Actually, it wasn't even close to a foul. Jordan pushing off Craig Ehlo or Byron Russell is an obvious offensive. Replay clearly shows Pierce had his hands on 'Melo's back, initiated the contact by bumping into Anthony's back, as Carmelo stopped to catch pass... When the game is on the line, when billions are invested, you let the players determine the outcome of the event... UNLESS A CLEAR ADVANTAGE IS GAINED, there's no reason to blow the whistle... especially when the 2 star players are 28 feet away from the basket.

I think the worse call was the 3-point play they awarding Allen, calling TD for the foul... Then not calling the foul when Amar'e drove baseline the next possession.

Refs allowed physical contact the entire 2nd half. It helped BOS get back in the game. You play "lock down" defense when the refs stop calling touch fouls.

The refs did not cost NY the game. but they sure took away the chance for NY (and Carmelo) to decide their own fate when they called a BS foul.

Originally Posted by naterob4
    Well if that was a clear offensive foul to you, then you could see KG tripping TD on that final shot by Ray a mile away.

I know what your saying, even though I dont agree with you. I hate blaming the refs and hardly ever feel like the refs stole a game, but there is just no way of getting around it tonight IMO.

I'm also of the same opinion about blaming the refs, it's such a bitch move. But it's hard to say anything else. Melo gets two really soft fouls and sits the first quarter, the Celtics get back in the game in the 2nd half by being aggressive and those calls are let go which is fine except it wasn't consistant. Melo gets called on the softest offensive foul I've ever seen whlie Pierce is trying to rape him, then KG trips up TD on Allen's 3.

So pissed about this one, hopefully the Knicks come out on fire in game 2 and make a huge statement.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here are the highlights for those that missed some of the no calls on Boston in the final minute...mainly the tripping on TD and the Coaches on the court yelling before Melo took the final shot.

I'd say it was a pretty evenly called game seemingly. I saw Pierce get bumped and nothing got called. I agree that it's stupid to not let them be more physical, but I don't think it was a bad call.

The Nuggets game had ****ty officiating. Seriously, Perkins put his hands not only though the net, but that ball was above the cylinder. Three refs didn't catch that? Bull****. Also, before that in the same quarter, NeNe was held and no call. Geez.