Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Thread: That ****ing ref better sleep with one eye open

  1. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by PaPZ187
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Here are the highlights for those that missed some of the no calls on Boston in the final minute...mainly the tripping on TD and the Coaches on the court yelling before Melo took the final shot.
    WHY ARE 2 CELTICS COACHES ON THE COURT WHEN MELO IS 3 FEET AWAY FROM THEM....THATS UNREAL....

  2. #32
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    The bottom line is that the Knicks had the game, with less than a minute. D'Antoni had Carter and TD in the backcourt, against Ray Allen, who has like 5 inches in height over both of them, not to mention 100 years of experience.

    I also don't know why TD was off his man, in that sequence. You can't expect the refs to do jack... they just let everyone play in that sequence. With one minute, you have to play D like a pitbull and get a good shot. Melo was crazy to take that shot, and TD should have fed STAT a lead pass, early in that fastbreak.

    If Billups had not gotten hurt, that game is in the bag. Hopefully, Billups is ready to go for the next game. If he is not, I don't think we have a chance. And Melo needs to cease being a choke artist for a change.

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin, NYC orig
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    The bottom line is that the Knicks had the game, with less than a minute. D'Antoni had Carter and TD in the backcourt, against Ray Allen, who has like 5 inches in height over both of them, not to mention 100 years of experience.

    I also don't know why TD was off his man, in that sequence. You can't expect the refs to do jack... they just let everyone play in that sequence. With one minute, you have to play D like a pitbull and get a good shot. Melo was crazy to take that shot, and TD should have fed STAT a lead pass, early in that fastbreak.

    If Billups had not gotten hurt, that game is in the bag. Hopefully, Billups is ready to go for the next game. If he is not, I don't think we have a chance. And Melo needs to cease being a choke artist for a change.
    I agree with you on AC man, he shouldn't of been in there once Billups went down. The only thing AC does better than Fields or Walker is his passing and dribbling, he's shown some hustle plays but come on man he can barely shoot he's got a small body should've had Fields in there. We shoulda went to Amar'e down the stretch STAT didn't even touch the ball the final 2 minutes. Melo shouldn't of played some PE hero BS chucking the 3 for the win, it's obvious he should've drove and then maybe kick out for a 3.

    Bad coaching and bad decisions cost us the game along with the refs. Honestly the game made me feel sick afterwards I can't recall feeling that way ever from watching anything on TV. I know I kinda sound like a bitch with that but I even called into work sick for the first time in like 3 years lol. The other day being in playoffs felt so good I guess there's got to be that opposite feeling too when you lose but I didn't think it would be like that, a legit loss with us playing well is fine but to blow a lead AGAIN. ugh.

  4. #34
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by oshi
    I agree with you on AC man, he shouldn't of been in there once Billups went down. The only thing AC does better than Fields or Walker is his passing and dribbling, he's shown some hustle plays but come on man he can barely shoot he's got a small body should've had Fields in there. We shoulda went to Amar'e down the stretch STAT didn't even touch the ball the final 2 minutes. Melo shouldn't of played some PE hero BS chucking the 3 for the win, it's obvious he should've drove and then maybe kick out for a 3.

    Bad coaching and bad decisions cost us the game along with the refs. Honestly the game made me feel sick afterwards I can't recall feeling that way ever from watching anything on TV. I know I kinda sound like a bitch with that but I even called into work sick for the first time in like 3 years lol. The other day being in playoffs felt so good I guess there's got to be that opposite feeling too when you lose but I didn't think it would be like that, a legit loss with us playing well is fine but to blow a lead AGAIN. ugh.
    Yeah, I mean I have seen some really bad ref-created screwjobs. This one was not up there: it took place with less than a minute left, and we could have overcome it, with some intelligence.

    On that Offensive foul, Melo swiped at Pierce, he's dealing with a BS artist. He should know not to even breathe funny. Melo should have simply passed out of the situation.

    And how the hell is the guy who just earned the all-time threepoint shots made record left wide open? Douglas should not have been trying to get to Allen, Allen should have been running to get away from TD.

    Anyway, if D'Antoni doesn't admit he and the guys made some bad decisions, we will lose again, because we will not have learned how to keep our leads in the final seconds.

    P.S. if that made you upset more than anything else you've watched on TV, try sitting through game 7 of the 1994 finals. I still get chills (in a bad way) when I think of what happened to us back then.

  5. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,055
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    What about the 2 fouls in the first 2 minutes that had MELO glued to the bench the entire 4th quarter.

  6. #36
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    What about the 2 fouls in the first 2 minutes that had MELO glued to the bench the entire 4th quarter.
    We can rationalize our complaining about the refs, if that is what we want. The bottom line, though, is that we know what happens with these refs in this league. If D'Ant wasn't prepared for it, he needs to let Herb Williams take over. As a long time fan, I am sure you know that.

    We had it wrapped up, and bad decisions: giving ***** Pierced an excuse to flop and leaving Allen alone cost us the game. We can't look back. We just have to make sure we handle our business.

    If Melo shows up, I think it's a wrap for the Boston ****s.

  7. #37
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan

    If Melo shows up, I think it's a wrap for the Boston ****s.
    That and the inclusion, or non-exclusion, of Fields on the offensive end. He's our best off ball player and has a size + athletic advantage over Gay Felon.

  8. #38
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Wassup with all the Melo hate lol. Im seeing people calling him a choke artists an shiz when like a few weeks ago people were talking about how clutch he was.(Indy,Mem,Phi)

  9. #39
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    Wassup with all the Melo hate lol. Im seeing people calling him a choke artists an shiz when like a few weeks ago people were talking about how clutch he was.(Indy,Mem,Phi)
    I know! Not like he hasn't earned the badge.

  10. #40
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I know! Not like he hasn't earned the badge.
    Yeah and he had a bad 2nd half, but alot of that was him not getting the ball in certain positions and he never really got into a shooting rythym. I believe if he would've gotten some calls when going into the paint and recieved more ft's he would've shot better just from seeing the ball go through the hoop.

  11. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Refs were on Melo all night between the two early calls and the offensive foul on Pierce which was a huge flop and lame as hell.

    I agree that Fields should've seen more time

  12. #42
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,055
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    We can rationalize our complaining about the refs, if that is what we want. The bottom line, though, is that we know what happens with these refs in this league. If D'Ant wasn't prepared for it, he needs to let Herb Williams take over. As a long time fan, I am sure you know that.

    We had it wrapped up, and bad decisions: giving ***** Pierced an excuse to flop and leaving Allen alone cost us the game. We can't look back. We just have to make sure we handle our business.

    If Melo shows up, I think it's a wrap for the Boston ****s.
    Whoops, I meant first quarter, taking a MELO out of sync for the entire game and it showed. I know its cheap to blame the officials, but do you think if Kobe was planted on the bench for the entire first quarter of game one in a playoff series, then was called for an offensive foul that led to a game winner, would Phil Jackson be quiet??? Hell naw, Phil would be in the post-game interview making comments that would have gotten him fined. You can't let your superstar get eaten up by the refs...

  13. #43
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    It's amazing that almost everyone is in agreement that the refs effed us on multiple occasions in game 1 yet some would rather blame our coach instead in order to fit a narrative they have been pushing for years.

    So the coach is at fault for a BS offensive call on Melo because somehow it was wrong to try and get Melo the ball!

    It was the coaches fault and not the no-call obvious trip by KG that lead to Allen being open!?

    I see excuses being made for the refs, credit to the Celtics and hindsight Monday morning QBing all because some would rather advance their agenda against MDA then possibly look to other reasons for the loss. What happened to objectivity and truth!?

    SMFH...

    P.S. I am not saying MDA was perfect because he wasn't. That inbound alley-op while our bigs got screened should have been defended better. I also think that the subsequent use of our last time out was a terrible move too.
    Last edited by TR1LL10N; Apr 19, 2011 at 08:17.

  14. #44
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    clearly a trip. i ****ing hate kevin garnet. he tried to trip him earlier, but they were too far up, then he moves again, stretches his leg way out to trip douglas. thats ****ed up man. either thats an illegal screen or tripping. he sets the screen and tries to trow his body into douglas. **** **** ****

  15. #45
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I'm not trying to upset anyone, but it's just my opinion that, with a three-point lead and 38 seconds, it is shocking that Garnett is allowed to float to the basket for a dunk and Ray Allen was even open to begin with.

    Sure, Douglas ran toward Allen and got tripped. However, Douglas should not have had to run toward Allen: he should have been glued to the man.

    Bad call on Melo, but he should have been prepped to not even breathe funny around Pierce, who is known for being an actress.

    I just think we all know that refs screw teams, call bad calls, fail to call blatant fouls, etc. In this case, everything came down to 38 seconds of just play hard D and not giving the refs any opportunities to screw us.

    Anyway, whatever: game tonight is an opportunity to steal home court. I think it is possible, if we play smart and hard.

Similar Threads

  1. Notes and Observations from Knicks Open Practice
    By KBlack25 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Oct 11, 2010, 21:48
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep 21, 2010, 12:59
  3. Knicks will open season in Toronto
    By YEARITEHERE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 10, 2010, 13:57
  4. Knicks City Dancers Open Auditions Tomorrow
    By NYCsBabiGurl in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jul 02, 2009, 09:37
  5. Lee open to all offers
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: May 02, 2009, 09:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •