Whoda thunk it

Knicks play their best defensive game of the year. Played excellent playoff basketball. Hard fought, gritty tight close game only to have the refs decide it. Not one play, but possibly four.

Moving screen on KG's alley oop.

The most brutal offensive foul call I've ever seen given the moment in the game.

TD tripped trailing Allen for his 3 pointer.

Coach and assistant coach (the assistant was worse) on the court distracting Melo as he took the three for the win.

I feel like I've just had my heart ripped out of my chest. Refs sobered me up real quick tonight...

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Knicks play their best defensive game of the year. Played excellent playoff basketball. Hard fought, gritty tight close game only to have the refs decide it. Not one play, but possibly four.

The most brutal offensive foul call I've ever seen given the moment in the game.

Coach and assistant coach (the assistant was worse) on the court distracting Melo as he took the three for the win.

I feel like I've just had my heart ripped out of my chest. Refs sobered me up real quick tonight...

Funny you say that, cause the refs are the reason Im throwing my sobriety out the window for the night Im soooo damn heated!

Its just a sick feeling to lose like this. If they dont call that BS offensive foul and say Melo misses a jumper than Ray hits the winner then OK, it sucks but you can live with it....but to have the refs steal a hard fought road win in the playoffs from you is f*ckin sickning!!!!

mafra

Legend

I have to see a replay of it, but you're now the 2nd person talking about that... If Rivers and another Asst were on the court yelling, and no call was made... then it's the worst non-call in modern sports' history. You can't have coaches stepping on the court, screaming in the back (a few feet from the ear) of a shooter as he loads up for a potential game winner.

I saw the replay on the Alley-oops and the TD trip... Sure, it can be said for accidental contact. That Allen was trying to get open, not set a scream, or the TD slipped. BUt to have this incidental contact follow the off. foul on 'Melo? Come on.

And, replay clearly shows Pierce had his hands on Anthony's back, and Paul initiated the contact b/c Paul's momentum carried him into 'Melo's back... As you said, given the moment... A brutal call.

Stern is the worst commish in sport's history, so nothing will be done. If an apology is issued it will be seen as "weakness." So, Stern will stubbornly do nothing. A shame really. Then again, like the other ref... we'll find out in a few years that this ref was on the take and threw this game.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I have to see a replay of it, but you're now the 2nd person talking about that... If Rivers and another Asst were on the court yelling, and no call was made... then it's the worst non-call in modern sports' history. You can't have coaches stepping on the court, screaming in the back (a few feet from the ear) of a shooter as he loads up for a potential game winner.

I saw the replay on the Alley-oops and the TD trip... Sure, it can be said for accidental contact. That Allen was trying to get open, not set a scream, or the TD slipped. BUt to have this incidental contact follow the off. foul on 'Melo? Come on.

And, replay clearly shows Pierce had his hands on Anthony's back, and Paul initiated the contact b/c Paul's momentum carried him into 'Melo's back... As you said, given the moment... A brutal call.

Stern is the worst commish in sport's history, so nothing will be done. If an apology is issued it will be seen as "weakness." So, Stern will stubbornly do nothing. A shame really. Then again, like the other ref... we'll find out in a few years that this ref was on the take and threw this game.

Yeah you will see it next time you see that replay, I didnt notice it at first myself until someone pointed it out to me but once I saw it I just couldnt believe it. Looked like they were yelling for their players to give their final foul prior to the shot.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Melo with 2 ****in fouls with only 10:30 remaining in the 1st quarter!!.. That shit had the fix in.. Who gets 2 fouls in a minute and a half?? I havent seen that all f'n year.. refs were out of control tonight

mafra

Legend
http://youtu.be/DLp82ZvYNAY

Here are the highlights....watch around the 2 minute mark, you will see their coaches dancing all over the damn floor before Melo throws up the 3.

Thanks for the link. After further review... A totally change my opinion. After all, the tape can't lie.

1) Rivers was on the court and his assistant was walking on the court as well. How is this not a technical? His screaming and shouting and walking towards Carmelo.

2) Ray Allen doesn't pick Turiaf. he blocks him. Steps into him, is moving and sort of pushes into him like he's a WR in the NFL blocking a DE.

3) KG has to be called for the foul EVEN IF 'Melo isn't called for his off foul, this is a blatant foul. NOW, considering they just called an off. foul on Anthony... this is borderline illegal. KG jumps out to set a pick and jumps into TD's space, and his leg trips Douglas.

I would like to say that KG and Allen both made crafty vet plays, using just enough contact to get away with it... but if you notice... the same ref who called the foul on Carmelo is standing right there, in perfect view of both plays... He's staring right at the action... and THE n he decides to eat the whistle?

I'm sorry. After the Jordan era, and then the SAC-LAK Game-6, then the MIA-DAL game-3, and then the busted crooked ref... NBA is akin to pro wrestling it isn't even funny. It's by far the easiest game to fix, b/c all calls are basically subjective... all games should be close with 4 minutes to play. The game is always swayed by which way the whistle blows.

Crooked ref admitted NBA policy is to start helping the losing team get back into the game. This is entertainment after all.

With the way that one ref officiated the final few minutes, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he wasn't told to make sure the FAVORITE won the game. The people who hold the books already had 2 underdogs win today... It had to even out so the bookies make money.

To think otherwise is naive.