Melo gotta stop taking so many 3s

oshi

Benchwarmer
I know he was hot a couple recent games in NY from 3pt but it's really not his game man. Damn everytime I see him taking them I shout at the effing TV. It cost us tonight. And I'm a Fields fan def but Chandler and Galo are better players shoulda kept one of them instead if we had to get rid of 2 (we didn't)

KingofNy

Starter
Or maybe the coach needs to call better plays...

Melo's just running the coaches system and shooting accordingly. If he's doing something the coach doesn't want him to do, the coach needs to fix that. Here's the real problem:

The high screen and roll is getting us nowhere yet we continue to run it every play, every 4th quarter... Then when that play falls through as it mostly does, we end up either going ISO and then forcing a shot up. Go back and watch the game and see how many bad shots we chucked up compared to Boston. I promise you'll stop counting after you realize that good team's like Boston don't force their shots, or their offense, they let the plays open up their stars as we saw there at the end of the game.

Antoni's idea of a last second play is to give it to a double-teamed Melo and let him force up a prayer...Yea he's an offensive genius alright.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Amar'e did the best he could to win the game for us in the 4th.

Melo's shot selection has always been one of his downfalls as a player.

At least the team played defense tonight.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
I agree he settles for more 3's than usual, but our offense calls for those shots. Who besides our bigs dont chuck 3's? TD, Big shot, AC, Billy Walker, Landry, Shawne... All of em shoot 3's, but nobody complains when they are knocking them down.

Either switch up the offensive strategy or they will continue to shoot em.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Or maybe the coach needs to call better plays...

Melo's just running the coaches system and shooting accordingly. If he's doing something the coach doesn't want him to do, the coach needs to fix that. Here's the real problem:

The high screen and roll is getting us nowhere yet we continue to run it every play, every 4th quarter... Then when that play falls through as it mostly does, we end up either going ISO and then forcing a shot up. Go back and watch the game and see how many bad shots we chucked up compared to Boston. I promise you'll stop counting after you realize that good team's like Boston don't force their shots, or their offense, they let the plays open up their stars as we saw there at the end of the game.

Antoni's idea of a last second play is to give it to a double-teamed Melo and let him force up a prayer...Yea he's an offensive genius alright.

In Antoni's defense, he had no control over the last second shot by Melo. It was basically an 11 sec (do what you can) open play. With that being said, Antoni SHOULD HAVE had them ready to run something if there was more than 10 seconds if BOS scored. Because they had no timeouts this should have been discussed in the previous huddle.

As far as Anthony's 3s... yes he takes a bunch of them now but he's playing along with the system. Spreading the floor and shooting 3s is the gameplan and he is going along with it. Truthfully, the only players who take a good amount of mid range shots is Amare and Melo.