Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 'REAL" Reason We Didn't Win Game 1

Hybrid View

Default The 'REAL" Reason We Didn't Win Game 1

We didn't lose this game because of Antoni, even though a lot of times we do. We lost this game because the NBA didn't want us to win and the refs called the game accordingly.

The refs gave the Celtics multiple second chance opportunities to get back into the game and then to close it out at the end. Go back and watch the phantom foul called on Melo against Pierce in the corner where the refs gave them 3 free points to take the lead. Or how about calling a tic-tac foul on Melo with :22 seconds remaining in the game and then not calling Garnett for BLATENTLY tripping Douglas to open up the Ray Allen game winning shot. I'm in the progress of putting together a bad call compilation video on youtube to let you guys see what I saw and call out these corrupt refs and league/commish.

Sorry guys but it all comes down to money and a Boston/Miami series will pull in more money than a Knicks/Miami series. Maybe we'll get the calls next year if we get another big name. Who knows... All I know now is it's obvious we have no chance to win if we're playing the Celtics and the refs. F*CK THE NBA, F*CK THE REFS, and F*CK DAVID STERN!

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    We didn't lose this game because of Antoni, even though a lot of times we do. We lost this game because the NBA didn't want us to win and the refs called the game accordingly.

The refs gave the Celtics multiple second chance opportunities to get back into the game and then to close it out at the end. Go back and watch the phantom foul called on Melo against Pierce in the corner where the refs gave them 3 free points to take the lead. Or how about calling a tic-tac foul on Melo with :22 seconds remaining in the game and then not calling Garnett for BLATENTLY tripping Douglas to open up the Ray Allen game winning shot. I'm in the progress of putting together a bad call compilation video on youtube to let you guys see what I saw and call out these corrupt refs and league/commish.

Sorry guys but it all comes down to money and a Boston/Miami series will pull in more money than a Knicks/Miami series. Maybe we'll get the calls next year if we get another big name. Who knows... All I know now is it's obvious we have no chance to win if we're playing the Celtics and the refs. F*CK THE NBA, F*CK THE REFS, and F*CK DAVID STERN!
    No way ? Who in the heck wants to see the celtics ? Except stern. Miami vs new york would have been more exciting because it's lebron vs melo Wade vs amare or whatever. People would have love to see it..Well at least the fans.
    Obviously stern dosen't ! That S,O, B ! I agree with the nba ! They suc.ked ! We will lose . It's Miami vs celtics. Why don't we Just give them the second round and cancel the other games. Might as well.

Amen, yes sir!

Originally Posted by KingofNy

That foul on Melo where PP took the 3 Pierce traveled. Look closely you can see him shuffle both feet to get set for his shot. That should have been called before the foul...

I'd have to guess you're right. There were so much blatant calls/non calls going the Celts way that the game had to be fixed.

When you put that Vid together please share it with the board. I'd love to watch it...

Another was a travel when Amare made Big baby look stupid, by pulling the rug and BB traveled (again no call, though the commentator saw it)...i hate when refs ruin good games

KG tripped Toney on the screen as well when Ray Allen hit the 3. One awful call and one no call is almost impossible for a road team to overcome.

The real reason we lost the game was lack of rebounding skills and wrong personnel decisions. Obviously, the calls you're talking about made the challenge much tougher for us, but I just want to remind you guys we blew a 12 points advantage we built in the 1st half and our so called superstar Carmelo "Lazy Ass" Anthony didn't score even a point during the 2nd half and was 5/18 (~28%!)...

we lost because Crymelo Anthony I mean seriously his last shot has to b e the worst game-winning attempt ever. The calls were bad but what do you expect? Do you watch NBA since 2011? In playoffs home team always get the calls so grow up.

Well,
    That being said...
    I was on a plane during the game and missed the only game of the year..(Thank GOD!)...BUT!..when I look at the Box-score...I would have to point to Landry Fields...0 Points and 1 Rebound (From a Starter???)...I'm Sorry, but Landry Fields has flown under the radar a bit this year..his production the last part of the years has been dismal...and in my honest opinion...He needs to remain a back-up until he can prove his worthyness as a starter.

Originally Posted by gmpknick
    Well,
    That being said...
    I was on a plane during the game and missed the only game of the year..(Thank GOD!)...BUT!..when I look at the Box-score...I would have to point to Landry Fields...0 Points and 1 Rebound (From a Starter???)...I'm Sorry, but Landry Fields has flown under the radar a bit this year..his production the last part of the years has been dismal...and in my honest opinion...He needs to remain a back-up until he can prove his worthyness as a starter.
    That's about all you'll get out of a box score - inaccuracy.

Fields shut Ray Allen out of the first half.

We replaced defence with offence, as is the norm, and it was our undoing.

I have to give this thread a big head shaking laugh, by the way. Sorry.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    That's about all you'll get out of a box score - inaccuracy.

Fields shut Ray Allen out of the first half.

We replaced defence with offence, as is the norm, and it was our undoing.
    Agreed.

Just to be clear I'm not bashing Antoni at all. He had these guys ready to play and I give him credit for that, but the Fields decision was very bad. He didn't have it on offense but the guy was definitely committed on defense.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Agreed.

Just to be clear I'm not bashing Antoni at all. He had these guys ready to play and I give him credit for that, but the Fields decision was very bad. He didn't have it on offense but the guy was definitely committed on defense.
    We lost because we left this game up to the zebras.

When you smell blood, you have to go in for the kill.

Knicks win this next one.

Veteran

Thumbs down

I had no problems with this game untill the final 11 seconds......
    Mr. wannabe HERO-Carmelo Anthony is suppose to have playoff-experience.....
    in this one game, Melo showed why his team (Denver) was a first-round
    knockoff for 6 seasons.

If Melo wouldve drove the ball inside to tie the score....I couldnt complain
    if no fouls were call or he missed the shot b/c we were in the long history
    of Boston Garden officiating.
    I didnt have a problem with Boston time-out design-play of an alley-oop to
    KG b/c the NBA world know Dantoni has no-defensive plan.

P.S. Amare & Marion had this same (exact) problem with HERO-Marbury in
    the 2003-playoffs in Phoenix.
    I guess some-players are "Super-Stars" in the regular-season, and role-
    players in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Agreed.

Yeah I was screaming at this as well. He might not have been scoring but at least he provides a bigger body on defense & gives us a shot at grabbing some key rebounds. TD should NOT have been guarding Ray Allen. Allen is a natural scorer & has the ability to exploit the height difference.
    Last edited by knicksman20; Apr 18, 2011 at 11:01.