Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The 'REAL" Reason We Didn't Win Game 1

this is what you all have been waiting for...

KG's duck in the last 1 minutes, should not be happened

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    That's about all you'll get out of a box score - inaccuracy.

Fields shut Ray Allen out of the first half.

We replaced defence with offence, as is the norm, and it was our undoing.
    Agreed.

Just to be clear I'm not bashing Antoni at all. He had these guys ready to play and I give him credit for that, but the Fields decision was very bad. He didn't have it on offense but the guy was definitely committed on defense.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Agreed.

Just to be clear I'm not bashing Antoni at all. He had these guys ready to play and I give him credit for that, but the Fields decision was very bad. He didn't have it on offense but the guy was definitely committed on defense.
    We lost because we left this game up to the zebras.

When you smell blood, you have to go in for the kill.

Knicks win this next one.

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    Celtics obtaining 15 offensive rebounds, double their season average.
    I have to disagree with this one. DFDH if you rewatch the game at least half of those offensive rebounds the Knicks could do nothing about. They were flukes. Ball bounced directly into the Celts hands. Matter of fact during the game my son and I were amazed at how strange the ball was bouncing.

While the officiating was questionable, the reason why we lost was Melo pulling a John Starks and Amare, who was smokin' hot, not touching the ball in the last minute of the game!!! I mean, Amare looked like Elgin Baylor last night and the fact the not 1 play went through him during the last minute is the real crime and I have to get on Mike D for that.... I always stick up for him but you could have designed the play for Melo to get the ball as a smoke screen and DISH to STAT but to allow MELO to continue launching bricks is unacceptable!

Veteran

Thumbs down

I had no problems with this game untill the final 11 seconds......
    Mr. wannabe HERO-Carmelo Anthony is suppose to have playoff-experience.....
    in this one game, Melo showed why his team (Denver) was a first-round
    knockoff for 6 seasons.

If Melo wouldve drove the ball inside to tie the score....I couldnt complain
    if no fouls were call or he missed the shot b/c we were in the long history
    of Boston Garden officiating.
    I didnt have a problem with Boston time-out design-play of an alley-oop to
    KG b/c the NBA world know Dantoni has no-defensive plan.

P.S. Amare & Marion had this same (exact) problem with HERO-Marbury in
    the 2003-playoffs in Phoenix.
    I guess some-players are "Super-Stars" in the regular-season, and role-
    players in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I had no problems with this game untill the final 11 seconds......
    Mr. wannabe HERO-Carmelo Anthony is suppose to have playoff-experience.....
    in this one game, Melo showed why his team (Denver) was a first-round
    knockoff for 6 seasons.

If Melo wouldve drove the ball inside to tie the score....I couldnt complain
    if no fouls were call or he missed the shot b/c we were in the long history
    of Boston Garden officiating.
    I didnt have a problem with Boston time-out design-play of an alley-oop to
    KG b/c the NBA world know Dantoni has no-defensive plan.

P.S. Amare & Marion had this same (exact) problem with HERO-Marbury in
    the 2003-playoffs in Phoenix.
    I guess some-players are "Super-Stars" in the regular-season, and role-
    players in the playoffs.
    That was a cheap shot. "Why we lost" this game has nothing to do with Melos shot.

Who was responsible for Amare NOT getting touches FIVE... FIVE... FIVE clutch possessions down the stretch?

The real crime will be not learning from this.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Agreed.

Yeah I was screaming at this as well. He might not have been scoring but at least he provides a bigger body on defense & gives us a shot at grabbing some key rebounds. TD should NOT have been guarding Ray Allen. Allen is a natural scorer & has the ability to exploit the height difference.
    Last edited by knicksman20; Apr 18, 2011 at 12:01.

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    The reason we lost that game was 3 reasons

Melo and Billups combining for 8 for 29 from the field/4 for 14 from three

Celtics obtaining 15 offensive rebounds, double their season average.

and 7 straight posessions to end the game that amare not only didnt take a shot

but DIDNT EVEN TOUCH THE BASKETBALL.

stop making excuses, we played a great game

but the little things that we needed we didnt do to win

we could have won by 15 pnts if we gave up 5 less offensive rebounds, melo made 2 to 3 more buckets

and amare got the ball more in the last 2 minutes.

end of story

stop whining

and stop making excuses.

Stop blaming the refs. We were up 12 at halftime. If we were a Championship caliber team, instead of letting the Celts claw back in, we keep squeezing them by the neck until they can't breathe anymore. Melo will want blood in game 2.

Originally Posted by Red
    That was a cheap shot. "Why we lost" this game has nothing to do with Melos shot.

Who was responsible for Amare NOT getting touches FIVE... FIVE... FIVE clutch possessions down the stretch?

The real crime will be not learning from this.
    Yeah they definatley have to learn from this game. Although I believe if Billups doesnt go down with a minute left we would of atleast had a better possesion down the stretch as he could of set up Melo or STAT for a higher percentage shot.

I wanted to see Melo atleast run a pick and roll with STAT at the end. Even if he keeps the ball and shoots it I would of been fine with it. As much as I didnt like how Melo just squaring up to shoot the 27-28 footer at the end of the game, as a Knicks fan I really cant complain if it comes down to the final shot and Melo takes it as he is as clutch as they come.

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    I have to disagree with this one. DFDH if you rewatch the game at least half of those offensive rebounds the Knicks could do nothing about. They were flukes. Ball bounced directly into the Celts hands. Matter of fact during the game my son and I were amazed at how strange the ball was bouncing.

dude it was from us not putting a body on rondo and ray allen and pierce, we were trying to out jump the celtics as opposed to finding your man when the shot goes up and putting a body on them

THats CYO basketball knowledge there

I remember in 5th grade coaches screaming at me the PG, to find my man and box out when a shot goes up.

in the playoffs this is how you win

you recover the ball

rondo was coming in from the three point line grabbing offensive rebounds while billups sat there watching atleast 5 times.

stop the excuses please

we needed to play better in the areas that are important

thank god we played defense or our lack of offense would have lead to a blow out.

either way rear view mirror time

new game new attitude

lets get game 2.

Originally Posted by GoNYK127

Stop blaming the refs. We were up 12 at halftime. If we were a Championship caliber team, instead of letting the Celts claw back in, we keep squeezing them by the neck until they can't breathe anymore. Melo will want blood in game 2.
    You knew Boston was going to make a run, they are a veteran championship caliber team with 3 hall of famers in Pierce, Ray and KG. We actually withstood the run and still had a lead for the majority of the game.

Yeah, we could of rebounded better and had better posessions at times, but overall we played a pretty damn solid game. One of the best defensive performances of the year for us, holding the Celtics to 87 points. We only scored 85 but you also have to remember that Boston is top 2 in defense and really stepped up in the 3rd quarter on D and got real physical, taking away open shots and forcing us into bad ones.

Despite all that, we had a great chance to win the game in the final minute but the refs make one TERRIBLE call on Melo that was complete BS, especially in that situation in a playoff game with a 1 point lead. Then you add in the trip by KG on TD to give Allen an open 3 to take the lead and on the final shot by Melo Boston had two coaches on the court (yelling to foul as they had one to give) which is a technical, and even the Billups play there was contact that wasnt called. Those 3 non calls to go along with that horrible offensive foul on Melo took away the chance to finish them off/win it in the final minute.

Personally I would of had no problem with the refs letting them play and not calling the tripping on KG, the contact on Billups layup or the tech with the coaches on the court IF they didnt call that BS foul on Melo. I am not one to ever try to blame a loss on the refs, but this game is hard to not feel that the refs robbed us of a chance to win it in the final minute.

Its so frustrating to watch KG and Pierce. Pierce is the biggest flopper in the game sans Varajeo and Bosh. He really should enroll in some Acting classes because he'd be head of the class. KG is KG, hes dirty and a dirtbag of an individual.

It hurts that Ray hit that shot, because I really enjoy the guy and hes one of my favorite players. He says and does all the right things.

As for the game, MDA did make some mistakes. In the 3rd instead of trying to pour it on he should've put his defensive stoppers in (Carter, TD, JJ etc.) He didnt get them in until we were only up 2-4 pts. That got me frustrated. I think we will win Tuesday even without Chauncey. TD needs to hit at least 1 of his first 3 shots or else were doomed. He missed his first 2 then looked pretty good for a soph. That is all for now

Veteran

Coach didn't play the right players at certain points of the game. Plus his predictablility in clutch situations fools no one. A little more creativity in the roster should would have kept the knicks momentum up beat. Walker could have used more minutes in this game. In this game, the offense should have went thru Stat since he was the hot man. Mello was off in the second half but I'm sure he will make up for that in the next game.

The Refs should be fined and/or suspended for blowing calls. They get away with too much and should be held accountable, especially in games like this.