We Will Win Game #2

GoNYK127

Benchwarmer
I definitely think we'll be more dominate on the boards as well in this upcoming game limiting Boston's second chance points and opportunities. There were a lot of crazy bounces coming off that rim Sunday night that just landed in the Celtics hands.

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
i think we can lose game and still tie them 2 to 2 in ny. we are a better team. we are not a complete team yet but we are better than boston. melo and stat are as good as there is in the nba and stat had one of the best games i have ever seen a knick have since "the king" roamed the baseline.. he was "batman" sunday night and wait till batman gets back to gotham.... but that said the rest of the team, coaches included, need to understand that... when dallas was getting kicked and d.n. was cold they kept going to him and he cared them to a big win against portland. what do we do in the crunch??? stat doesn't even get to touch the ball seven straight times down the court at the end. that is just stupid and it starts with the coach. but stat, melo, and the rest of these guys are for real and boston will be shippin off before this is said and done.

Red

TYPE-A
Crazy⑧s;175598 said:
I'm sure they will!

Have to take in to consideration that Boston adjust as well as any other team, probably in modern basketball, defensively.

As I said, according to D'Antoni, Fields may as well be a mannequin on the offensive end. Sure, he's forged his own fate with some pretty woeful offensive outings, but what ever happened to his exceptional off ball movement and that patented baseline drive off a hand off from Amar'e?

A big factor is producing when our spacing and isolations are not working!!!!!! Honestly, I'm sick of saying it!

The decisive 3rd quarter was an offensive debacle.

We MUST run more designed plays to compensate for any bad shooting spell that may occur during stages of the game(s) and get to the FT line as much as possible - WHEN IT COUNTS - in game 2. That includes running Fields off screens. I honestly think he's underused. We need to play with Melo on the block and STAT in the high post more often, even at the cost of our beloved spacing.

And if Amar'e could utilise that 250 pound frame to box out more, that wouldn't hurt our chances either.

Our system isn't designed to get the "hot" player the ball at various spots on the floor. Its not designed to accentuate a "star" or a mismatch like most systems.

Rather its designed to get everyone involved, get the ball moving, and needs quick decision making in order to swing the pill to the open man and shoot.

Are there specific plays drawn up for Stat? Sure, but very few. Coach seems to not want to alienate players by giving eveyone an opportunity, but he must realize the "playoff" atmosphere dictates different.

He says "the ball finds energy". What he doesn't realize (or seems to neglect) is some players like Landry are sometimes too passive, and others like TD can be too aggressive, both can be erratic. This undermines the system.

To combat this, coach must realize the ball MUST wind up in his star's hands most of the time. Designing plays within the spread P&R that contain options is fine, but even those options MUST include BOTH stars, pick your poison approach.

Ultimately, even with those designed options available, the POINT GUARD, must learn to facilitate with knowledge of the game, good decision making, and having the ability to get the ball in the hands of the stars (not-so-obviously). Can we rely on TD to incorporate the nuances of the PG position, making the right decisions?

This extends to not only going with the right hand, but also knowing if they sag, when to shoot. This next game is:

1. Our biggest game in a decade
2. TD's "
3. An indication of what coach CAN really accomplish.

Can coach make the necessary adjustment, with a player he's coached from jump? He CANNOT rely on the opinion the BOS is "better" than us...

Because they aren't. That would lead some to conclude, its the coach that's better.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'd be lying if I said I thought we had a great chance at winning game 2 all because we caught some bad breaks on Sunday. There is no doubt that Rivers and the Celtics are fine tuning things and we will not see the same mediocre team from game 1. Not having CB is a huge blow and I'm not sure TD can handle the bulk of the PG duties. TDs court vision is bad and the moment we become stagnant BOS will start to make their move. The only way this works is if Melo plays like he did when he had 39-10-5 agianst the Nets.

I just don't believe TD will make good decisions during the crucial points in the game. Antoni will need to coach for a full 48 minutes and make sure plays are being run and guys are getting the ball where they need it.

It's also the responsibility of our star players to put themselves in position to recieve the ball. Amare not touching the ball at the end of last game is the fault of TD, Antoni and Amare. Tonight, it will be important for TD and Carter to work screen and pick and rolls since they aren't great passers. If the offense starts to look stagnant, Antoni MUST get it back on track either by screaming at his players from the bench or calling a TO to regroup. If Amare wants the ball and isn't getting it then he has to demand it.

I can't help but remember when Ewing use to yell at the PGs to get him the ball. That's a leader.

I pray we get this win but I know this won't be easy. I respect how good BOS is.

:gony:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Our system isn't designed to get the "hot" player the ball at various spots on the floor. Its not designed to accentuate a "star" or a mismatch like most systems.

Rather, its designed to get everyone involved, get the ball moving, and needs quick decision making in order to swing the pill to the open man and shoot.

I get that, I've seen it. I've always had issues with its basic non-inclusion of the interior.

Are there specific plays drawn up for Stat? Sure, but very few. Coach seems to not want to alienate players by giving eveyone an opportunity, but he must realize the "playoff" atmosphere dictates different.

Not only that, but this beloved team of ours are 8-29 when they shoot less than 45 percent from the field and 13-32 when making fewer than 10 threes. So it's not just the playoffs in which it's been a hinderance to delivering a W.

He says "the ball finds energy", but that, as a phrase, is antonymic. That's when we need to have a high % go to play. With 2 of the league's most dynamic and physically strong scorers, what is there to quantify?

To combat this, coach must realize the ball MUST wind up in his star's hands most of the time. Designing plays within the spread P&R that contain options is fine, but even those options MUST include BOTH stars, pick your poison approach.

Exactly! Leopards and spots my friend. When you say 'pick your poison', I assume you mean the defence.

Ultimately, even with those designed options available, the POINT GUARD, must learn to facilitate with knowledge of the game, good decision making, and having the ability to get the ball in the hands of the stars (not-so-obviously). Can we rely on TD to incorporate the nuances of the PG position, making the right decisions?

In a set play? Of course.

1. Our biggest game in a decade
2. TD's "
3. An indication of what coach CAN really accomplish.

It is. Absolutely. As far as I see it, it's Melo's too.

Can coach make the necessary adjustment, with a player he's coached from jump? He CANNOT rely on the opinion that BOS is "better" than us...

He's made some good adjustments since Melo's arrival. Biggest test as Knick coach lies ahead of him. Some of us will be judging him fairly, others, not so, on both sides of the fence.

For our sake, Red, I hope he answers the call.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Not having Billups is going to hurt us. But, then again, it will force D'Antoni to play Landry (who was beasting defensively against Ray).

Wish we would have seen some more Bill Walker too. He was playing better than Melo...

Red

TYPE-A
I'd be lying if I said I thought we had a great chance at winning game 2 all because we caught some bad breaks on Sunday. There is no doubt that Rivers and the Celtics are fine tuning thinczgs and we will not see the same mediocre team from game 1. Not having CB is a huge blow and I'm not sure TD can handle the bulk of the PG duties. TDs court vision is bad and the moment we become stagnant BOS will start to make their move. The only way this works is if Melo plays like he did when he had 39-10-5 agianst the Nets.

I just don't believe TD will make good decisions during the crucial points in the game. Antoni will need to coach for a full 48 minutes and make sure plays are being run and guys are getting the ball where they need it.

It's also the responsibility of our star players to put themselves in position to recieve the ball. Amare not touching the ball at the end of last game is the fault of TD, Antoni and Amare. Tonight, it will be important for TD and Carter to work screen and pick and rolls since they aren't great passers. If the offense starts to look stagnant, Antoni MUST get it back on track either by screaming at his players from the bench or calling a TO to regroup. If Amare wants the ball and isn't getting it then he has to demand it.

I can't help but remember when Ewing use to yell at the PGs to get him the ball. That's a leader.

I pray we get this win but I know this won't be easy. I respect how good BOS is.

:gony:

The way I see it...

Those games we played without CB were a blessing. With TD we were 4-2.

I hear you about BOS making adjustments and gameplanning. My response to that is:

1. They game planned every game we've faced off- and still were unable to perform to their standards, and were unable to score with us.

2. Now they will have to game plan against TD not CB

3. With TD our offense should be faster, and more fatiguing

4. TD can actually guard and stay in front of Rondo. Plus he plays the passing lanes.

I understand how easy it is to anticipate a loss. And how easy it is to put this on coach and TD. But winners and leaders will let NOTHING deter them. I believe that's the lesson we keep having to learn. There are no excuses.

Lack of D, coach, chemistry issues, etc... these issues were a part of our learning, growing, and trial by fire. And we came through. That's the lesson, let nothing stop you, and only you can stop yourself- with the defeatist attitude. That's the barrior to overcome.

There is no more room for a "lack of talent" excuse. In fact, as I said, we have an opportunity to be better as every team starts from scratch. And right now playoff wise, we have the top defense in terms of blocks, fg%, and points allowed- al be it in one game.

Add, all the adversity, and TWO YEARS OF ON THE JOB TRAINING FOR TD, AND he's primed for a breakout. This is what those obstacles were about, this is what all his (TD's) training was for... for this moment.

He plays great with a little confidence. I look for TD to have a "GREAT" GAME tonight and show the world what he's made of, without looking over his shoulders or worrying about his role.

Once again he will be given the keys, he excells in this role. Watch, tonight TD WILL BE A PROBLEM. When and if we begin firing on all cylinders...

We will be unstoppable!