Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Landry Fields is our most important player for this series

  1. #1
    Member The Garden '95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bronx,New York
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Landry Fields is our most important player for this series

    Last night when Landry was chasing ray all over the court in the first half,ray allen could barely get a shot attempt,then in the second half when MDA put Douglas in the game to guard Ray Ray, he completely took over the game.

    First we need to establish our 3 non star scorers. Williams,Toney,and Fields.

    we need to take pressure from Amare and Melo from just ball hogging to get their points,Landry fields isnt playing well recently because he isnt getting put in the situations he used to be in, like getting a layup from cutting to the basket or spot up 3's.

    Now he is trying to create off the dribble which isnt a good part of his game,and as for chauncey we need to get him in as much PNR as possible to start possesions,Rondo is going to keep him in check off the dribble so we need to set him up for quick dishes or open shots by PNR and him coming off screens.

    if we establish our whole team and play Defense like we did last night(Except for the terrible defensive rebounding) than we could take this series to game 7.

    btw we need to try doing Pick N Roll with Melo and Amare in the clutch if melo is cold because right now our offense is predictable in the 4th Q, i know this has been tryed but we need somthing.

  2. #2
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by The Garden '95
    Last night when Landry was chasing ray all over the court in the first half,ray allen could barely get a shot attempt,then in the second half when MDA put Douglas in the game to guard Ray Ray, he completely took over the game.

    First we need to establish our 3 non star scorers. Williams,Toney,and Fields.

    we need to take pressure from Amare and Melo from just ball hogging to get their points,Landry fields isnt playing well recently because he isnt getting put in the situations he used to be in, like getting a layup from cutting to the basket or spot up 3's.

    Now he is trying to create off the dribble which isnt a good part of his game,and as for chauncey we need to get him in as much PNR as possible to start possesions,Rondo is going to keep him in check off the dribble so we need to set him up for quick dishes or open shots by PNR and him coming off screens.

    if we establish our whole team and play Defense like we did last night(Except for the terrible defensive rebounding) than we could take this series to game 7.

    btw we need to try doing Pick N Roll with Melo and Amare in the clutch if melo is cold because right now our offense is predictable in the 4th Q, i know this has been tryed but we need somthing.
    These are all great points.

  3. #3
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Uhm, no. Amare and Melo are our two most important players. Than it's Billups and then probably Turiaf. Fields is way down on the importance list and would only be icing on the cake if he were to overachieve.

  4. #4
    Member The Garden '95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bronx,New York
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Uhm, no. Amare and Melo are our two most important players. Than it's Billups and then probably Turiaf. Fields is way down on the importance list and would only be icing on the cake if he were to overachieve.
    so not getting ANY offensive production from fields isnt important? or how about making him a threat so the celtics cant overload their defense to stop melo and amare from driving to the basket?

    fields is our best player at being open since he has the most awareness out of any of our players, he knows when to cut to the basket for an easy layup, he knows where to be for offensive rebounds and defensive rebounds,he shuts down ray allen, finishes on the break,i can keep going on about the things he contributes to this team but you look at stats for your reasons.

  5. #5
    Newbie takeshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Fields got no point tonight. I guess if he can back to the real "Fields" in the rest of the series.

    How about Walker? He showed to us he can play defense and shoot mid-range and three points. He maybe the Key in this series.

  6. #6
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by The Garden '95
    so not getting ANY offensive production from fields isnt important? or how about making him a threat so the celtics cant overload their defense to stop melo and amare from driving to the basket?

    fields is our best player at being open since he has the most awareness out of any of our players, he knows when to cut to the basket for an easy layup, he knows where to be for offensive rebounds and defensive rebounds,he shuts down ray allen, finishes on the break,i can keep going on about the things he contributes to this team but you look at stats for your reasons.
    Sure it's important but not the MOST important. We almost won that game with Fields contributing almost nothing.

  7. #7
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Sure it's important but not the MOST important. We almost won that game with Fields contributing almost nothing.
    When you say Fields contributed almost nothing i assume you mean points because he contributed plenty in the form of man to man defense against Allen in the 1st half.

  8. #8
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    To be honest with you, I'm quite annoyed that Fields is playing so poorly in the last couple of weeks. Not at him, he's been great all the way to the All STar break, but since then he's a liability on offense, because his midrange/long range game is non existent and his drives to the basket have significantly decreased.

    It's actually very bad for us that he's in a slump before and during the playoffs, but that's what happens with rookies. I hope it's only temporary and he can improve over the summer.

    A slow start to his career and his great early season shape now during the playoffs would have been ideal for us. Like Cousins this year or Courtney Lee in 08-09 with the Magic.

    Guess what, Ladry is still a very nice human beeing and I really like him as a man (no homo), but it seems like we were overconfident on him in the first place. Best draft pick since Mark Jackson? I think Nate and D.Lee were better to be honest.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    He's probably defering. Plus, he's a rookie playing in the starting lineup along side 2 all-stars. I think his game will shine more coming off the bench, where he'll have more opportunities to showcases his stuff. As a starter he will most likely see very few touches, his defensive and rebounding prowess can be match by Walker and maybe Brown. We need a more explosive bench to keep us in the playoffs.

  10. #10
    Member YungMelo15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In my hoop dreams
    Posts
    309
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I give Landry mad props for his defensive game yesterday, but he is not the "most impotant". As a young player, he should stick to doing what he has been doing best as of late. Play defense, hustle, and rebound. The offense will find him eventually.

  11. #11
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Landry Fields has been a trainwreck for the past several weeks, he may have hit the rookie wall a long time ago. At this point I might even consider starting Roger Mason for game 3 & hoping he can D up on Ray Allen, Landry is just not doing the job. Playing defense for 1 half isn't gonna cut it for our role players, they need to bring it for every minute they're on the floor when we have STAT & Melo expending so much energy carrying the offense the rest of the guys need to be stuck to their men like flies on **** otherwise we have no hope of winning this series.

Similar Threads

  1. Futbol*appreciation*thread
    By KING~POETIQ in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 395
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2014, 17:40
  2. Official Big **** Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: Dec 13, 2010, 15:55
  3. What to do with Curry
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2010, 15:53
  4. International Players More Hype than Hope
    By KnicksFan4Realz in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: Feb 20, 2009, 17:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •