Landry Fields is our most important player for this series

The Garden '95

Benchwarmer
Last night when Landry was chasing ray all over the court in the first half,ray allen could barely get a shot attempt,then in the second half when MDA put Douglas in the game to guard Ray Ray, he completely took over the game.

First we need to establish our 3 non star scorers. Williams,Toney,and Fields.

we need to take pressure from Amare and Melo from just ball hogging to get their points,Landry fields isnt playing well recently because he isnt getting put in the situations he used to be in, like getting a layup from cutting to the basket or spot up 3's.

Now he is trying to create off the dribble which isnt a good part of his game,and as for chauncey we need to get him in as much PNR as possible to start possesions,Rondo is going to keep him in check off the dribble so we need to set him up for quick dishes or open shots by PNR and him coming off screens.

if we establish our whole team and play Defense like we did last night(Except for the terrible defensive rebounding) than we could take this series to game 7.

btw we need to try doing Pick N Roll with Melo and Amare in the clutch if melo is cold because right now our offense is predictable in the 4th Q, i know this has been tryed but we need somthing.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Last night when Landry was chasing ray all over the court in the first half,ray allen could barely get a shot attempt,then in the second half when MDA put Douglas in the game to guard Ray Ray, he completely took over the game.

First we need to establish our 3 non star scorers. Williams,Toney,and Fields.

we need to take pressure from Amare and Melo from just ball hogging to get their points,Landry fields isnt playing well recently because he isnt getting put in the situations he used to be in, like getting a layup from cutting to the basket or spot up 3's.

Now he is trying to create off the dribble which isnt a good part of his game,and as for chauncey we need to get him in as much PNR as possible to start possesions,Rondo is going to keep him in check off the dribble so we need to set him up for quick dishes or open shots by PNR and him coming off screens.

if we establish our whole team and play Defense like we did last night(Except for the terrible defensive rebounding) than we could take this series to game 7.

btw we need to try doing Pick N Roll with Melo and Amare in the clutch if melo is cold because right now our offense is predictable in the 4th Q, i know this has been tryed but we need somthing.

These are all great points.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Uhm, no. Amare and Melo are our two most important players. Than it's Billups and then probably Turiaf. Fields is way down on the importance list and would only be icing on the cake if he were to overachieve.

The Garden '95

Benchwarmer
Uhm, no. Amare and Melo are our two most important players. Than it's Billups and then probably Turiaf. Fields is way down on the importance list and would only be icing on the cake if he were to overachieve.

so not getting ANY offensive production from fields isnt important? or how about making him a threat so the celtics cant overload their defense to stop melo and amare from driving to the basket?

fields is our best player at being open since he has the most awareness out of any of our players, he knows when to cut to the basket for an easy layup, he knows where to be for offensive rebounds and defensive rebounds,he shuts down ray allen, finishes on the break,i can keep going on about the things he contributes to this team but you look at stats for your reasons.

takeshi

Rookie
Fields got no point tonight. I guess if he can back to the real "Fields" in the rest of the series. :afro:

How about Walker? He showed to us he can play defense and shoot mid-range and three points. He maybe the Key in this series. :gony:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
so not getting ANY offensive production from fields isnt important? or how about making him a threat so the celtics cant overload their defense to stop melo and amare from driving to the basket?

fields is our best player at being open since he has the most awareness out of any of our players, he knows when to cut to the basket for an easy layup, he knows where to be for offensive rebounds and defensive rebounds,he shuts down ray allen, finishes on the break,i can keep going on about the things he contributes to this team but you look at stats for your reasons.

Sure it's important but not the MOST important. We almost won that game with Fields contributing almost nothing.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Sure it's important but not the MOST important. We almost won that game with Fields contributing almost nothing.

When you say Fields contributed almost nothing i assume you mean points because he contributed plenty in the form of man to man defense against Allen in the 1st half.

To be honest with you, I'm quite annoyed that Fields is playing so poorly in the last couple of weeks. Not at him, he's been great all the way to the All STar break, but since then he's a liability on offense, because his midrange/long range game is non existent and his drives to the basket have significantly decreased.

It's actually very bad for us that he's in a slump before and during the playoffs, but that's what happens with rookies. I hope it's only temporary and he can improve over the summer.

A slow start to his career and his great early season shape now during the playoffs would have been ideal for us. Like Cousins this year or Courtney Lee in 08-09 with the Magic.

Guess what, Ladry is still a very nice human beeing and I really like him as a man (no homo), but it seems like we were overconfident on him in the first place. Best draft pick since Mark Jackson? I think Nate and D.Lee were better to be honest.

He's probably defering. Plus, he's a rookie playing in the starting lineup along side 2 all-stars. I think his game will shine more coming off the bench, where he'll have more opportunities to showcases his stuff. As a starter he will most likely see very few touches, his defensive and rebounding prowess can be match by Walker and maybe Brown. We need a more explosive bench to keep us in the playoffs.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
I give Landry mad props for his defensive game yesterday, but he is not the "most impotant". As a young player, he should stick to doing what he has been doing best as of late. Play defense, hustle, and rebound. The offense will find him eventually.

STAT1

Starter
Landry Fields has been a trainwreck for the past several weeks, he may have hit the rookie wall a long time ago. At this point I might even consider starting Roger Mason for game 3 & hoping he can D up on Ray Allen, Landry is just not doing the job. Playing defense for 1 half isn't gonna cut it for our role players, they need to bring it for every minute they're on the floor when we have STAT & Melo expending so much energy carrying the offense the rest of the guys need to be stuck to their men like flies on shit otherwise we have no hope of winning this series.