Rick Adelman fired

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
Rick Adelman, who led the Rockets to their only playoff series win in 14 years and a franchise record 22-game winning streak, will not return as Rockets coach, a person with knowledge of the decision said Monday.
After consecutive seasons in which the Rockets failed to reach the playoffs, Adelman and Rockets general manager Daryl Morey failed to reach agreement on how they would continue to work together.

In four seasons with the Rockets, Adelman had a 193-135 record, the best winning percentage (.588) of any coach in franchise history. He moved to eighth in NBA history in career coaching wins with 945.

Adelman, 64, had expressed ambivalence about remaining in coaching, but said last week that he has not lost his desire to coach. He had been openly frustrated with decision-making during last season that led to a trio of trades over his objections that seemed designed to aid future seasons.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7527132.html

:crossfingers:

TakMan

Rotation player
Anyone noticed that we're still in the playoffs? Let's try and enjoy the experience shall we. This sort of conversation can be put on hold for a bit longer.

p0nder

Starter
rumblings about him going to the lakers. i think the celtics could also be a good fit for adleman. I don't think the knicks will be getting rid of d'ant for atleast another year, depending on performance.

I actually think this team would fit better in Rick Adelman's offense than in MDA's. The Princeton offense and the Triangle offense are the same thing.

Last edited:

Wargames

Starter
rumblings about him going to the lakers. i think the celtics could also be a good fit for adleman. I don't think the knicks will be getting rid of d'ant for atleast another year, depending on performance.

I couldn't see him going to the celtics since he would be in the same situation of coaching a team in the midst of rebuilding.

The Lakers maybe but then again you never know they may only want a triangle coach since its worked for them for so long.

I couldn't see him going to the celtics since he would be in the same situation of coaching a team in the midst of rebuilding.

The Lakers maybe but then again you never know they may only want a triangle coach since its worked for them for so long.
The Lakers assistant coach is going to be it, he already knows the system and players.