Game 2: Knicks @ Celtics 4/19

Is this game a must win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TakMan

Rotation player
Game's weak links: Douglas, Fields, Walker. I wouldn't mind not watching them play another game in a Knicks jersey this post season. What an abysmal display. Good show from the rest of the team who could and should have won both games. Celtics aren't better than the Knicks. Would have destroyed them with Billups and Stoudamire on the court. Well done the Knicks.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
story.jpg

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
How does D'Antoni not put Shawne Williams in, during the last few minutes? And what the hell went on with the Celtics getting fouled with only .6 left? We need a better coach! Melo almost got us this game in spite of D'Antoni, not because of him.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
You clearly haven't watched the last two games.

He's 6'11''.....he was under the rim....he extended his arms and tried to pass....he turned it over. Did I mention he's 6'11'' and was under the rim?

Kindly get the **** out of here with that shit. Don't care about the last two games, I care about the game he gave away and now we're down 0-2.

Tough, TOUGH loss. Even without STAT & Billups. If you would have told me we'd lose games because of some bogus reffing and injuries I might have been happy before the series started. But this is BRUTAL.

On that last possesion where KG scored I was yelling for him to put in Turiaf. I think he gets caught up in the moment more than a fan. Turiaf on Garnett and Jeffries on Rondo. As soon as the ball goes to Garnett double with Jeffries. Heck as soon as the ball goes to anyone you double with Jeffries. THINK MIKE THINK...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
FML, I will not get any sleep tonight! I feel like waking my girl up and working out some frustrations on her cervix...

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Basically if we had a SG who could shoot then we'd have been fine.

I ain't mad at Fields, he's an over achieving Rookie who has been excellent all year. The other two should have stepped up more.

Who still thinks that we wouldn't have won that game with CP3 by the way?

If you do, you weren't paying attention. Any scrubs C with a bit of size and CP3 and we don't just win, we dominate.

oshi

Benchwarmer
How does D'Antoni not put Shawne Williams in, during the last few minutes? And what the hell went on with the Celtics getting fouled with only .6 left? We need a better coach! Melo almost got us this game in spite of D'Antoni, not because of him.

Why was Walker who was 0-11 still in the game over Shawne and Fields? I just don't understand this coach at all. If it wasnt for all my Knicks memories I think I might have given up I can't stand how this team is managed it kills me

mafra

Legend
I hate to keep harping on the same point... But ONCE AGAIN, our offensive genius just cannot design a play to get his team a good look at the basket. 3 years I've watched this team... And the man may know offense but he certainly is no genius with the clipboard.

BOS was going to make anybody but them but Carmelo Of course. BUT, somehow Phil Jax always gets Jordan and KObe the ball. Dantoni had 2 options:

Start offense with 'Melo, let defense charge him and have him dish it to Jared Jeffries. YES. I actually wrote that. Or, I should say, Dantoni actually called for that.

OR

Have 'Melo inbound ball. Pass to Douglas. Anthony runs thru a couple screens and curls around as Douglas feeds him ball, where he drives or pops.

Either way... We lost this game b/c Doc RIvers ran circles around our coach. MD looked like the Euro player he was trying to guard HOF Rivers 1-on-1.

AND, not only does Dantoni fail to get his team a halfway decent look at a shot.... His defense looks absolutely lost again in the most crucial possession, like we were a bunch of 5th graders running around the court.

ONE ASIDE: Walker shoves Allen, who flops, and we get hit with a techinical. +1 for BOS. BIG BABY throws his shoulder into JJ right in front of the ref... no tech was called. -1 NY.

2 points turned out to be pretty huge down the stretch AGAIN tonight.

BOS fouls on every possession... err, they play great defense.

TakMan

Rotation player
He's 6'11''.....he was under the rim....he extended his arms and tried to pass....he turned it over. Did I mention he's 6'11'' and was under the rim?

Kindly get the **** out of here with that shit. Don't care about the last two games, I care about the game he gave away and now we're down 0-2.

You also might not care about the fact that he kept us in the game defensively both today and on sunday. There would be no talk of a last play had he not been on the court today as the Celtics would most likely win a lot more comfortably. I don't really care if you only judge by one play. The game was lost because Douglas Fields and Walker are just not ready to play with grown ups yet. Has nothing to do with Jeffries.

knicksin60

Starter
Whoever is in charge of making front office decisions after this season, weather it be Donnie Walsh or Isiah Thomas, they need to trade Amar'e, Melo and Billups for Garnett, Pierce and Allen.It is evident that the Celtics big three are the defensive versions of our big 3.And even though the Celtics three are getting up their in age, they play defense the way that it should be played and that's what wins championships.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Whoever is in charge of making front office decisions after this season, weather it be Donnie Walsh or Isiah Thomas, they need to trade Amar'e, Melo and Billups for Garnett, Pierce and Allen.It is evident that the Celtics big three are the defensive versions of our big 3.And even though the Celtics three are getting up their in age, they play defense the way that it should be played and that's what wins championships.

STFU please. No one is in the mood for your snide humor.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Why was Walker who was 0-11 still in the game over Shawne and Fields? I just don't understand this coach at all. If it wasnt for all my Knicks memories I think I might have given up I can't stand how this team is managed it kills me

Same question I was asking, along with why Turiaf was not in: he would have been able to get the layup off of the pass by Anthony, when JJ just turned it over.

People want to put it on the refs, but good timeout management, contingency planning for what to do in certain cases, e.g., down by a point with a few seconds left and in need of putting the other team on the line, also helps.

D'Antoni needs to go, at the end of the playoffs. Period.

TakMan

Rotation player

Celtics aint winning anything this year. Might not even get past the Knicks.

miked1958

Rotation player
Very upset

You also might not care about the fact that he kept us in the game defensively both today and on sunday. There would be no talk of a last play had he not been on the court today as the Celtics would most likely win a lot more comfortably. I don't really care if you only judge by one play. The game was lost because Douglas Fields and Walker are just not ready to play with grown ups yet. Has nothing to do with Jeffries.

dontwantto talkabout itright now