Game 2: Knicks @ Celtics 4/19

Is this game a must win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
Whoever is in charge of making front office decisions after this season, weather it be Donnie Walsh or Isiah Thomas, they need to trade Amar'e, Melo and Billups for Garnett, Pierce and Allen.It is evident that the Celtics big three are the defensive versions of our big 3.And even though the Celtics three are getting up their in age, they play defense the way that it should be played and that's what wins championships.

That was REALLY stupid, Im mad I even read this.

p0nder

Starter
the lapse was in not fouling with 4 seconds left, that would of been enough time for a play. also melo didn't take the final shot bec ause of the previous games attempted heroics. from now on, melo is our go to guy and that can not be quetioned, even if he's tripple teamed.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
You also might not care about the fact that he kept us in the game defensively both today and on sunday. There would be no talk of a last play had he not been on the court today as the Celtics would most likely win a lot more comfortably. I don't really care if you only judge by one play. The game was lost because Douglas Fields and Walker are just not ready to play with grown ups yet. Has nothing to do with Jeffries.

You mean it has nothing to do with Jeffries not laying the ball up or dunking it to give us the lead with less than 5 seconds on the clock?

He didn't GIVE the ball to the team who was up by one, who had a timeout, while we had none....that entire scenario not taking place if he extends his long ass arms above his head, jumps, and drops the ****ing ball in the net?

That didn't transpire? I stand corrected, my bad.

la2ny

Starter
the lapse was in not fouling with 4 seconds left, that would of been enough time for a play. also melo didn't take the final shot bec ause of the previous games attempted heroics. from now on, melo is our go to guy and that can not be quetioned, even if he's tripple teamed.
Alot of it had to do with people saying he took a bad jumper last game, but tonight even though he made the right play he should have hogged. I trust Melo shooting a fadeaway 3 falling out of bounds before I do JJ finishing a shot under the rim with 4 seconds left.

knicksin60

Starter
That was REALLY stupid, Im mad I even read this.

I don't understand why people take this stupidity so serious.It is just a damn basketball game.As much as I enjoy watching the Knicks, I don't allow the state of my emotions to be controlled by whether they succeed or not.I pity people who do.

Sage

Rotation player
Pump fake, reverse to the other side of the ring and dunk the thing. Hard to believe someone who gave us the lead 20 seconds earlier had stagefright, what the hell was going on there, man!...

JJ actually had an excellent game, I'm not gonna bust on him for that. But it was such a critical and basic thing to get wrong.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
It's a free country.I have my freedom to express whatever I want to express.If you don't like it go throw yourself off a bridge, loser.

What good would that do, it wouldn't make you happy. In fact you'd be crying about there was an older guy in Boston who threw himself off a better bridge.

knicksin60

Starter
Yes, you are free to be a douchebag and I am free to point it out.

Awwwwwwww poor baby! You want a tissue to go with those tears of anguish that you're feeling right now.Come back to me when you're done sobbing so we can have a real adult conversation.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I don't understand why people take this stupidity so serious.It is just a damn basketball game.As much as I enjoy watching the Knicks, I don't allow the state of my emotions to be controlled by whether they succeed or not.I pity people who do.

I live in England, I've never been to a Knicks game and I only really get to watch them in the playoffs or the odd game when I'm not in work. I seem to have more of an emotional connection with the team than you. For that much I pity you.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Basically if we had a SG who could shoot then we'd have been fine.

I ain't mad at Fields, he's an over achieving Rookie who has been excellent all year. The other two should have stepped up more.

Who still thinks that we wouldn't have won that game with CP3 by the way?

If you do, you weren't paying attention. Any scrubs C with a bit of size and CP3 and we don't just win, we dominate.

ty..........................................

;-)

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Awwwwwwww poor baby! You want a tissue to go with those tears of anguish that you're feeling right now.Come back to me when you're done sobbing so we can have a real adult conversation.

Yes, I am upset that we lost the game. You're an apathetic dbag obviously here to be incendiary. My emotion as afan on a site about said team is more than appropriate. Your snide baiting and bullshit is sadly not. You are a dbag and that much is clear. :thumbsup:

TakMan

Rotation player
You mean it has nothing to do with Jeffries not laying the ball up or dunking it to give us the lead with less than 5 second son the clock?

He didn't GIVE the ball to the team who was up by one, who had a timeout, while we had none....that entire scenario not taking place if he extends his long ass arms above his head, jumps, and drops the ****ing ball in the net?

That didn't transpire? I stand corrected, my bad.

What are they doing giving the ball to the team's worst offensive player in the first place. Just coz he scored one clutch shot in the previous play doesn't mean he could keep replicating that. Throughout 48 minutes of play, had our so called shooting guards demonstrated one tenth of the determination that Jeffries did on defence, the game would be won for the Knicks, regardless of whether Stoudamire and Billups were on the court. Fields, Walker, and Douglas made Rondo and Allen look like young Michael Jordan's. I'm not even going to go into detail regarding their non existent offensive contribution. That to me was far more tragic than Jeffrie's turnover.

knicksin60

Starter
What good would that do, it wouldn't make you happy. In fact you'd be crying about there was an older guy in Boston who threw himself off a better bridge.

I would probably cry if a good person did that to themselves.But I could care less whether there is one less buffoon walking on this planet.And I don't want to hijack this thread and make it all about me but I was called out.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
So it's MDA's fault that JJ couldn't excute the pass?

We've just got within 3 points of the C's playing with just Melo making defensive play after defensive play with no Center and you want to blame one play?

I don't lose it too often on here but **** RIGHT OFF.

You should be kissing the man's ass after tonight. You don't go into Boston losing your leader and without your experienced PG and play that well if you're not a good coach.

Game 1 we were ****ed over by the refs and game 2 we were just VERY unlucky.

Check out the bigger picture and show some dignity for a change.

It's 3 am here I'm sleep deprived in a big way due to so much quality sport being on but I've still got more patience and awareness than you.

You know those plays Rivers is popping off, you talk like he invents them there and then. He was drilling them into his players from day one, you know the players that have been together for years executing for him time after time after time.
co-sign this post

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I would probably cry if a good person did that to themselves.But I could care less whether there is one less buffoon walking on this planet.And I don't want to hijack this thread and make it all about me but I was called out.

Yes I said STFU please because you made a flagrant moronic post not based in reality. It was an obvious troll post and if it wasn't then you have ZERO basketball sense. Either way you are tonight's winner of the Dbag Play of the Thread. Congrats!

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer

Sports are a big part of peoples lives, we take it serious. Its cool you are allowed your opinion, but you admitted what you said was stupid. PS: me saying i was mad I read that, is not me actually mad. Just a figure of speech.

mafra

Legend
This is why Phil Jackson is a good coach... He wont let you take Kobe or Jordan away from him. He finds a way to design a play when his team needs it most.

Shelden Williams is ten times the offensive player than Jeffries. Shawne Williams better than Walker. Anthony Carter smarter than Douglas. Find a way to get Carmelo a look. Dude is having a career night and you use him as a decoy?

What options does Carmelo have when he gets the ball at half court with three men charging him?

Then, how do we know foul right away?

Team has a low IQ b/c the coach only knows 1 thing: run and shoot 3s.

Just look at the last few possessions the first 2 games of the series. Look at well-prepard the Celtics were, how they executed, and then look at our team.

Sure, some of this has to do with our roster.... But if MD is such a smart off. coach... GET 'MELO a decent look in that spot please. Dont get him the ball in the corner at half court.