View Poll Results: Is this game a must win?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 72.41%
  • No

8 27.59%
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Game 2: Knicks @ Celtics 4/19

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    You could be passionate about the Knicks but not allow them to get you so emotionally dreary that it affects your everyday life.When you really look at it, they are just a group of men in basketball uniforms performing the profession that they love.It's foolish for a person to be in a state of emotional distress because a group of professional basketball players didn't come through as he wanted them to in their profession.Do you begin to consume alcohol or break things in your house when you find out that a doctor performed a malpractice or a lawyer lost a case?
    Such an oversimplistic view could be applied to everything in life.

What's congress? Bunch of old men getting caught with hookers and ****ing up "my" life. Why should I care?

What's love? An insipid human chemical reaction leading to less money usually as well as increased headaches.

What's happiness? It's merely a temporary delay of misery which is inevitable at some point.

Cheer the **** up misery guts.

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    One can be be both passionate about the Knicks and happy with their life. I am a prime example. I know you think this line of attack is somehow cutting to the bone but I am proud of my passion and live my life that way and you are some troll baiting people while pretending to be enlightened. This is not the first time or thread and you have a pattern of passive aggression and idiotic statements.

I will take passion about the Knicks 10 times out of 10 over calmly, rationally and clear headed posting of illogical statements like we should trade our core for Bostons.
    You obviously don't seem happy with your life when you are acting vulgar towards people who were minding their business and you definitely don't seem like a passionate person who is at peace with themselves when you're bringing up personal things about your life on a basketball forum.

You know nothing about my personal life to label me as a troll or a person who is pretending to be enlightened.I am a person who enjoys irony and dry humor.Just because you were having a bad couple of hours doesn't give you any right to start trouble that you could have easily avoided.If you know that my behavior on this forum is going to exasperate you to act in a way in which your feelings get the best of you then ignore me or seek anger management immediately.

great game but the last offensive possession was questionable,why give melo the ball with his back facing the basket so that the double can come,thus catching him off guard and in panic mode when you could give him the ball at the middle of the court and take our chances their with a shot off the dribble?

..a vision of charles smith played in my mind in that last play by JJ...

Originally Posted by The Garden '95
    great game but the last offensive possession was questionable,why give melo the ball with his back facing the basket so that the double can come,thus catching him off guard and in panic mode when you could give him the ball at the middle of the court and take our chances their with a shot off the dribble?
    Because he had drawn up his play, it worked, the double team was enticed and we got a clear lay up opportunity that JJ bottled.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Yes but when they do win.., oh my what a feeling.

When you ride the downs, full experiencing them emotionally, the ups are that much sweeter.

You know you're a little hurt??
    Feeling good about a team when they win is one thing, allowing the success of that team to be the center of your emotional wellbeing is another thing.It is not normal for a person to be so passionate about something that they negatively affect themselves and the people around them.

Feeling good about a team when they win is one thing, allowing the success of that team to be the center of your emotional wellbeing is another thing.It is not normal for a person to be so passionate about something that they negatively affect themselves and the people around them.
    Do you realise what a condescending wanker you sound like?

Seriously give it a rest. You're no more enlightened or well adjusted than those people that allow their emotions to happen.

Get over yourself guru 60.

Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    Because he had drawn up his play, it worked, the double team was enticed and we got a clear lay up opportunity that JJ bottled.
    exactly but jj should not be on the court if that was his plan to get an open shot under the basket, turiaf or williams(shawn) should have been on the court if that was the case.

Prisoner to emotion? When you start choosing your emotions, you're a prisoner to a lie.
    How does that make sense? If I am choosing not to be emotionally controlled by the Knicks losing to the Celtics tonight, I am making a logical choice by choosing not to be an emotional prisoner.But if I choose to allow the Knicks losing to the Celtics tonight to emotionally control me then I am choosing to be an emotional slave to something that I have no control over.

lol at the enlightened sentience for dummies - disc 1 that this thread has become.

You obviously don't seem happy with your life when you are acting vulgar towards people who were minding their business and you definitely don't seem like a passionate person who is at peace with themselves when you're bringing up personal things about your life on a basketball forum.

You know nothing about my personal life to label me as a troll or a person who is pretending to be enlightened.I am a person who enjoys irony and dry humor.Just because you were having a bad couple of hours doesn't give you any right to start trouble that you could have easily avoided.If you know that my behavior on this forum is going to exasperate you to act in a way in which your feelings get the best of you then ignore me or seek anger management immediately.
    You're a hypocrite. I told you to STFU please and that no one was in the mood for your snide humor. You obviously took it personal enough to call me a loser and tell me to jump off a bridge...and I need anger management!? Further you went on "LABELING" me as a "bad" person who you would not cry over if I were to take your heartfelt advice to jump off that bridge. No, it's clear you are being inconsistent and trying to play enlightened but your every post betrays the persona you are now trying to project. I do not need to know you personally to conclude you are a troll. The very fact you decided to use "dry humor" and employ "irony" in response to our loss proves your status as a troll.

So save your talk about being vulgar when you "could have easily avoided" this confrontation and let myh comment go. Instead you decided to try and needle me knowing I was pissed off about the game and further "LABELING" and attacking me well before I took the gloves off. So in conclusion, you are clearly a troll and hypocrite to boot. I suggest you turn that critical eye on yourself and further examine yourself since your recent epiphany about not being emotional obviously fell by the wayside.

P.S. The fact that you stated you used to be emotional and now are not(clearly not the case) illuminates an obvious crisis point in your life and need for change. I suggest you look back on what prompted you to feel compelled to make this change and worry about that rather than me.

hey isnt this a game thread? go to IM or something for this lecturing crap,everyone is mad obviously and no one wants to here about emotions right now because obviously our emotions are getting the best of all of us right now.

I thought Melo played with a lot of heart tonight. Not easy putting up what 44 points against PP....Pretty impressive....what kills us is we have no big to take care of the middle, and Boston is exploiting it big time. I'm still proud of our team

Originally Posted by petescud
    I thought Melo played with a lot of heart tonight. Not easy putting up what 44 points against PP....Pretty impressive....what kills us is we have no big to take care of the middle, and Boston is exploiting it big time. I'm still proud of our team
    +1 And yes it is killing us now as it has been all throughout the season!! The way Rondo ran his layup drills with 5 imaginary defenders is exactly why our Knicks are going back home 0-2 in this series. And yes the refs again killed our team with all those BS calls. Talk about home court advantage...

Such an oversimplistic view could be applied to everything in life.

What's congress? Bunch of old men getting caught with hookers and ****ing up "my" life. Why should I care?

What's love? An insipid human chemical reaction leading to less money usually as well as increased headaches.

What's happiness? It's merely a temporary delay of misery which is inevitable at some point.

Cheer the **** up misery guts.
    I wasn't saying that we should look at everything on this earth as insignificant or as meaningless.What I was trying to say was that there are things that shouldn't control us because at the end of the day they are not important compared to a lot of things and they will not benefit us in the long run.What good is it to get emotionally caught about the Knicks winning a game against the Celtics if they could get blown out by them the next game? Will the happiness of seeing your team win that one game carry over to the rest of your life?