Game 2: Knicks @ Celtics 4/19

Is this game a must win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WrongIslander

Rotation player
LMAO you tell me to fck off and call me out and then you go say this?!?! Another MDA homer who knows sweet fck all about basketball.

That JJ layup that gave us the lead was a designed play?! HAHAHAHAHAHA.... Jefferies was about to pass that ball away before realising "oh wait there is no one here" and took it to the rim... Seriously!

Jefferies did fine this game, good even overall. Can't beat on him for that last play, he shouldn't even be in the game and if he is he should be on the opposite side of the court from the ball keeping a defender out the way and THATS IT.

And keeping us in the game? Yeah it was MDA who made Melo go for probably the best game of his entire career...

From now on you are known as mini-KFFQ :lol:

I won't say what you're known as other than clueless if you think leaving one player under the basket for you to drive at is not a planned move. Do you think that we got within 3 points of the C's in their own back yard with no players by dumb luck?

Both Celtics are drawn to the ball and the pass. JJ makes a move that no one expects (after a time out) this is JJ a man who doesn't know any offence at all and is known for playing it safe.... and you think he decided that he was just going to have his own moment? Yeah right. Melo and Douglas are exactly where they are supposed to be.

So what if he was supposed to pass, how many other plays start that way? It's called having options you complete moron. You're sitting here and you're no one, you're nothing, no one cares who you are or what you do and you want to quiz MDA after a go ahead basket because you don't get it and claim anyone else is the idiot? Please.

At this point I would start Roger Mason Jr. in game 3 & have Landry come off the bench. Maybe in that role he gets a new sense of bringing some energy & hustle & gets back to what he does best. Mason is seasoned well experienced in these types of big games I think he will do a solid job if given the opportunity, particularly on defense. We can't afford another no show game out of Landry these games are all must wins from here on out.

Well said STAT1!

+1 rep

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I won't say what you're known as other than clueless if you think leaving one player under the basket for you to drive at is not a planned move. Do you think that we got within 3 points of the C's in their own back yard with no players by dumb luck?

Both Celtics are drawn to the ball and the pass. JJ makes a move that no one expects (after a time out) this is JJ a man who doesn't know any offence at all and is known for playing it safe.... and you think he decided that he was just going to have his own moment? Yeah right. Melo and Douglas are exactly where they are supposed to be.

So what if he was supposed to pass, how many other plays start that way? It's called having options you complete moron. You're sitting here and you're no one, you're nothing, no one cares who you are or what you do and you want to quiz MDA after a go ahead basket because you don't get it and claim anyone else is the idiot? Please.

Go back to PSD.:finger:

p0nder

Starter
I still need someone to explain that 3rd foul on douglas. There was a little more than 3minuteson the gme clock and 15 seconds on the shot clock.

TD looked over at the bench, then jumped up and fouled rondo for no damn reason. I surprised he didnt get 3shots. WTF was up with that bs.

Im prtty sure that play where KG got the timeout was PURE BULLSH**, if the first onewas a jump ball, why not the second one? It was the same EXACT play.

We wouldnt be in the situation where JJ gets the ball down 1 if they dont call that BS. Damn zebra cakes

TD fouled because they needed to get Amar'e off the floor ASAP. TD was not the right guy to get the foul and it was d'ant's fault, he appologizes to TD on the play.

And yeah the steal by garnett should of been a jump ball, tho i'm not sure if JJ would beat KG on the tip. JJ should have gone up with it, it was a poor decision, but that is what you can expect from JJ. Tough intelligent defense both on his man and in help situations, good movement without the ball.

but when you put it in his hands he is like "WHAT THE??? I DON'T EVEN!?!? AHHHHHH" and does something retarded.

I never left. Go back to shaggin your sheep you inbred criminal.
GTFO.gif

smokes

Huge Member

Look mini-Queens, I know you are hurt as we all are but try to get your facts straight.

Either you don't watch the game or you are so emotional that it's clouding your objectivity. Here's what happened on the play that your beloved MDA drew up:

* Ball is inbounded, players run the designed play leaving Roger Mason with an open 3 (great play btw, get an open 3 for our d leaguer! nah ok you can't control whos open)

* Mason misses the 3, shot is rebounded by the Knicks (THE DESIGNED PLAY ENDS HERE)

* Melo and TD are "in the right places" as they ALWAYS ARE because that is the spots they go to 90% of the time during every game and practice (if you wanna credit MDA for this fine it still has nothing to do with in game coaching these things are worked out in training camp)

* Melo is doubled and plays a cross court pass to TD

* TD passes to Jefferies, who is about to pass outside to Mason again who is open but spots an open lane and takes it to the rim

I would love to find this on youtube sadly the only highlights start with TD having the ball in the corner nothing from the inbounds onwards. I'm sure it'll be there after a day or two.

I have constantly had a balanced opinion on MDA. I like him, I think he's a "good" coach overall and I praise him for having us playing this kind of ball after never expecting us to be able to play D like this with him as coach. I'm not just going to overlook his obvious mistakes because of this though. Did MDA lose this game on his own? Of course not, he wasn't even the main reason we lost. However he contributed to it pretty well, as he always does.

Homers like you can't have an objective opinion because you are clearly biased.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Look mini-Queens, I know you are hurt as we all are but try to get your facts straight.

Either you don't watch the game or you are so emotional that it's clouding your objectivity. Here's what happened on the play that your beloved MDA drew up:

* Ball is inbounded, players run the designed play leaving Roger Mason with an open 3 (great play btw, get an open 3 for our d leaguer! nah ok you can't control whos open)

* Mason misses the 3, shot is rebounded by the Knicks (THE DESIGNED PLAY ENDS HERE)

* Melo and TD are "in the right places" as they ALWAYS ARE because that is the spots they go to 90% of the time during every game and practice (if you wanna credit MDA for this fine it still has nothing to do with in game coaching these things are worked out in training camp)

* Melo is doubled and plays a cross court pass to TD

* TD passes to Jefferies, who is about to pass outside to Mason again who is open but spots an open lane and takes it to the rim

I would love to find this on youtube sadly the only highlights start with TD having the ball in the corner nothing from the inbounds onwards. I'm sure it'll be there after a day or two.

I have constantly had a balanced opinion on MDA. I like him, I think he's a "good" coach overall and I praise him for having us playing this kind of ball after never expecting us to be able to play D like this with him as coach. I'm not just going to overlook his obvious mistakes because of this though. Did MDA lose this game on his own? Of course not, he wasn't even the main reason we lost. However he contributed to it pretty well, as he always does.

Homers like you can't have an objective opinion because you are clearly biased.

I watched the game at 3am and I posted even later so having watched the play again, fine I'm happy to concede all of the above right up to the point where you think MDA contributed to our downfall. If Mason hits the shot, you're happy, I'm happy and Mike's a genius. Showing belief in your whole team isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of strength. If it was clear Melo was going to be double teamed by one of if not the best defense in the league, what else were we likely to do but give it up to someone else?

I'm pro reason more than pro MDA and no matter what the sport how you can expect a coach who has had his players five minutes to outcoach a man and team that have been together five years and have better players. Well I'd say you're asking quite a lot.

Oh and as for Amar'eforpres and Crazy 8s this had nothing to do with you so get your head out of smokes ass and let him stand up for himself like a big boy as he just did.

Emotions ran high smokes and as I say it was late, I wasn't at my best. While I still disagree with you overall I have no choice but to concede to what you've posted there. I actually thought the ball was inbounded straight away and just got mixed up.

The reason for my response was not that we lost, but that we should be proud and giving the coach and the team props for giving it everything they had and coming so close against the odds.

This is a learning experience for them and we're growing by the game!

I watched the game at 3am and I posted even later so having watched the play again, fine I'm happy to concede all of the above right up to the point where you think MDA contributed to our downfall. If Mason hits the shot, you're happy, I'm happy and Mike's a genius. Showing belief in your whole team isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of strength. If it was clear Melo was going to be double teamed by one of if not the best defense in the league, what else were we likely to do but give it up to someone else?

I'm pro reason more than pro MDA and no matter what the sport how you can expect a coach who has had his players five minutes to outcoach a man and team that have been together five years and have better players. Well I'd say you're asking quite a lot.

Oh and as for Amar'eforpres and Crazy 8s this had nothing to do with you so get your head out of smokes ass and let him stand up for himself like a big boy as he just did.

Emotions ran high smokes and as I say it was late, I wasn't at my best. While I still disagree with you overall I have no choice but to concede to what you've posted there. I actually thought the ball was inbounded straight away and just got mixed up.

The reason for my response was not that we lost, but that we should be proud and giving the coach and the team props for giving it everything they had and coming so close against the odds.

Yeah it does, last time i checked this is a FORUM meant for everyone to talk about the Knicks and you turned this thread into a soap opera.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Yeah it does, last time i checked this is a FORUM meant for everyone to talk about the Knicks and you turned this thread into a soap opera.

And you thought the best way to deal with what you perceived as a "soap opera" was to post an original gif no one has ever seen before to really drive home the fact you didn't want drama? Ari is the perfect proponent when drama is what you don't want ...

smokes

Huge Member

Yeah. Man I expected shit to get thrown after that game everyone was stretched its not a big deal.

I just can't agree about MDA because really every single last shot attempt is just give the ball to Melo and let him ISO and if the shot falls we win. Ok it's not a horrible strategy but there are plenty of actual plays we could run for the last shot, which would at least try to get a high % look and if that fails fall back on Melo's contested jumpshot. Especially game 1 why we didn't go to Stat on those crucial possessions after he carried the whole team through 4 quarters I will never know.

I will give the team plenty of props but MDA has several trips deep into the playoffs many years of coaching experience and still he shows basic in game deficencies that boggle the mind and can quite easily be correlated with a bunch of losses.