Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: We Will Win Game #2

  1. #1
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Thumbs up We Will Win Game #2

    Learn from your mistakes!

    Go with who's hot, and DON'T STOP.

    Douglas and Billups, STOP flopping on your drives, finish the shot.

    YOU CAN FOUL at the end IF YOU GET BEAT ON AN INBOUNDS PLAY.

    All we need is ONE game in Bos.

    Amare is UNSTOPPABLE.


    Melo won't sleep, WE WON'T REST UNTIL WE BEAT THIS TEAM.

    WE ARE clearly better!

    Mike gets this one game pass- I'll chalk it up to a playoff learning experience.

    WE WILL WIN GAME 2!

  2. #2
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    BOSTON — The Knicks’ best chance of upsetting the Celtics may have come and gone last night with a flick of Ray Allen’s wrist and a bad step by Chauncey Billups.
    The Knicks imposed their will on the ragged Celtics for much of the night, beating them at their own grinding game, building a 12-point halftime lead and leading by three with 37.8 seconds left.
    But it ended in a nightmare for Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks.
    Allen fired in a 3-pointer over Ronny Turiaf with 11.6 seconds from the left wing and Anthony ended a wretched second half by front-rimming a potential last-second, game-winning trey as the Knicks suffered a 87-85 Game 1 heartbreaker at TD Garden.
    The Knicks broke their seven-year playoff drought, yet failed to break their 10-year drought without a playoff win. But they came close. Darn close.
    Whether they remain competitive the rest of the first-round series is uncertain, after point guard Billups sustained a strained left knee with just under a minute remaining when his leg buckled on a drive. He did not return, and his status for Game 2 — and the rest of the series — is unknown.
    DON'T BLAME THE REFS.

    Gotta go and take it!

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    DON'T BLAME THE REFS.

    Gotta go and take it!
    Check out the Daily news....the play that Billups get injured on..
    Yes dont blame the Refs but when there is 3 calls/no calls in the last minute its tough...
    Melos Offensive ?
    TD being tripped by KG
    2 Celtics coaches both on the 3 feet on the court right as Melo is dribbling and shooting a 3 pointer....thats an automatic T......

  4. #4

    Default

    I believe we will win game two. Apart from the third quarter we were the best team in the game.

    Terrible decisions by the refs but then what do you expect. The Celtics were at home.

    amare is unstoppable. How do you guard him. If you play him tight he just blows past you for the layup or dunk. If you sag off he just shoots the jumper. Very impressed with our defensive effort.

    I would like to see a starting backcourt of Chauncey and Toney and put Landry on the bench. Landry has had a great season but he looks to be flagging a little. Toney gives us great D and shoots well.

    Cannot wait for game two. I`m sure we will win it.

  5. #5
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Check out the Daily news....the play that Billups get injured on..
    Yes dont blame the Refs but when there is 3 calls/no calls in the last minute its tough...
    Melos Offensive ?
    TD being tripped by KG
    2 Celtics coaches both on the 3 feet on the court right as Melo is dribbling and shooting a 3 pointer....thats an automatic T......
    Hey that's part of being in the playoffs. Its you -vs- the opposition + the refs.

    Bury them and you won't have to worry about this next time.

    We put something in the bank, the refs will give us calls later down the road, BUT although we are better player wise,

    the question is, is Bos a better TEAM wise, and able to play regardless of the calls.

    I have no doubts we will win this next one. Its do or die.

    THIS IS A MUST WIN!

  6. #6
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    BTW...

    Great game fromTuriaf.

    Landry...

    Step it up!

    Coach...

    They target the paint, especially on the inbounds...

    Watch for that!

  7. #7
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    To be honest, we only took it to the last possession because Turiaf and Jeffries were damn great!

    Both fought like animals, made it ultra tough for Garnett and grabbed some fantastic offensive rebounds. On top of that Ronny added some offense. I don't think the Celtics will let them have big games next time...and without huge play from the center position we're ****ed!

    Melo looked like Gallo out there...very disappointed by him. I thought we was on the verge of a 30ppg series and completely owning Pierce...doesn't seem to be the case!

    STAT was fantastic, credit to him and sorry for criticizing him!

    You're the man Amar'e I was a fool to question your game!

    Melo needs to step it the **** up!

    All the superstars do it, Rose was huge, Dwight was huge, Paul was fabolous, STAT ruled, Kobe doing his usual thing ...only Melo wasn't himself.

  8. #8
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red

    Coach...

    They target the paint, especially on the inbounds...

    Watch for that!
    Sadly, we learn from our own mistakes and not those of others.

    Heart breaking loss: Billups as well as the game.

    One thing to consider is that Billups didn't dime too much, but his isolation feeds are flawless. If he's out, man, we're snoozing in the crosshairs.

    Turiaf was brilliant tonight. Bar the FTs, he was borderline flawless in fulfilling his role.

    I hear so many people saying that Landry needs to pick it up, but the kid's basically a mannequin when we're on offence. Rivers did well in letting Fields' man help on the double time to time. His defensive awareness compared with Mike's is other worldly.

    We can't continue to let Melo shoot himself out of games. He shot a mere 4 FTs. That's unacceptable considering he shot the ball 18 times. If that's part of the game plan, then **** it, I say we're a dead cert to lose the series.

  9. #9
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Sadly, we learn from our own mistakes and not those of others.

    Heart breaking loss: Billups as well as the game.

    One thing to consider is that Billups didn't dime too much, but his isolation feeds are flawless. If he's out, man, we're snoozing in the crosshairs.

    Turiaf was brilliant tonight. Bar the FTs, he was borderline flawless in fulfilling his role.

    I hear so many people saying that Landry needs to pick it up, but the kid's basically a mannequin when we're on offence. Rivers did well in letting Fields' man help on the double time to time. His defensive awareness compared with Mike's is other worldly.

    We can't continue to let Melo shoot himself out of games. He shot a mere 4 FTs. That's unacceptable considering he shot the ball 18 times. If that's part of the game plan, then **** it, I say we're a dead cert to lose the series.
    A bad loss no doubt, but I see things differently.

    We only need 1 win on the road. We now know Turiaf can hold his own from injury, and amare can't be stopped.

    THIS TO ME IS THE TYPE OF LOSS WE CAN COME TOGETHER FROM. A FEW SHOTS MADE BY GuYS LIKE FIELDS AND MELO,

    More accurate calls from the zebras, and we can take them.

    I LOOK for them TO COME OUT WITH FEROCITY next game.

  10. #10
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,382
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I sure hope so. Either way, series needs to go back to BOS toed 2-2 Game-5 otherwise NY will lose 4-1.

  11. #11
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    who cares? we needed game 1 to even stand a chance in this series.

    idiots couldnt just use stat and fields in the 2nd half...we wouldve had it in the bag

    billups goes out so u put in CARTER?? why not move douglas to point and fields at sg

  12. #12
    Newbie takeshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Nyk Logo

    Knicks are playing better than what I expected. Show us more defense in the next game!!

  13. #13
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hayato
    who cares? we needed game 1 to even stand a chance in this series.

    idiots couldnt just use stat and fields in the 2nd half...we wouldve had it in the bag

    billups goes out so u put in CARTER?? why not move douglas to point and fields at sg
    False.

    D you think the NBA (zebras) want to see a "New look" Knicks team come in and impose their will on the Consumate contender Celtics?

    1. Melo 2 fouls in 1:15
    2. Garnot moving screen for Allan
    3. Melo called for offensive with 21secs
    4. Missed call- foul on Melos potental game winning three

    Is that more exciting or the Knicks blowing this old sorry ass team out every game.

    We won. The zebras had a say so. Come Tuesday we'll win by so much, the zebras can't save them if we are willing for a fight.

    This is what leaders do...

    D'Antoni
    Stat
    Melo
    And Billups

    NEED TO REGROUP, put things in perspective and take it up a notch. Stop playing with these dudes. Play like you know how, and we win going away.

  14. #14
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by takeshi
    Knicks are playing better than what I expected. Show us more defense in the next game!!
    after this, they gotta show more amare and fields/doug...nd wait for melo to heat up

  15. #15
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    we suckkkk

Similar Threads

  1. Nets vs Knicks Official Website including Game Dates
    By keyindabox in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Aug 29, 2009, 02:05
  2. New York Knicks vs Seattle Sonics Game Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Feb 04, 2008, 16:20
  3. Replies: 73
    Last Post: Feb 03, 2008, 23:30
  4. Dallas Mavericks vs New York Knicks Game Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Dec 11, 2007, 19:16
  5. [Article] Knicks Know About Game 7
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 19, 2004, 12:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •