Now That time... (Game 2 thread)

Does Doc have Mike's#?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red

TYPE-A
We were outcoached.

I cant blame Jeffries, he was sensational...

as of course was Melo. Those who doubted, STFU!

But Mike, mike mike...

i know Amare was out, but Turiaf or someone who can score HAS to be in there.

A foul is better than KG scoring, especially on (my bad West or whoever). But the not being prepared for the back court inbounds...smh

A better game winning play is warranted and expected.

Does Doc have Mike's #?

or is this a "learning situation"? excuse me a growing situation.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
and I'm not blaming Mike but damn.

Using those time outs didn't help.

Mason was as good as we thought he would be with his experience.

But MIke, if you make the right decisions we can win.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
We were outcoached.

But Mike, mike mike...

A foul is better than KG scoring, especially on Rondo.

Does Doc have Mike's #?

or is this a "learning situation"?

Jeffries should of pulled the chair on KG in that situation, but he still played solid D. As far as that last possession goes, shawne or turiaf should of been in the game over JJ.

Every one knew Melo was gonna be doubled, putting in a scorer would of been nice. Maybe not even a scorer, but someone who is comfortable handling the ball. ie fields, shawne and turiaf.

We simply got outcoached at the end once again. As a coach, you have to counter what is being thrown at you.

Melo gets doubled, houw about counter that by getting him the ball at the top of he key where he has more room to work. Or have him inbound the ball and move without the ball???

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I'm wondering if in Boston they would have been sitting ready to blame Doc had a shot KG never usually does well with not gone in. Get it to Pierce you idiot ...

Hindsight is 20/20. I also wonder would Doc's plays be quite so effective with if he was at the Knicks and MDA was at the C's and MDA had a team that had been together years and had a pre season?

Just a thought.

i think MDA was resting Turiaf because his knees were banged up as well hindsight is 20/20 although he has has faults MDA did a phenomenal job with the players he left. They played with heart and grit when i thought they would crumble... we were on our last limping leg for god sakes! Once they said STAT was out i didnt expect us to win this game but man were we close

WrongIslander

Rotation player
i think MDA was resting Turiaf because his knees were banged up as well hindsight is 20/20 although he has has faults MDA did a phenomenal job with the players he left. They played with heart and grit when i thought they would crumble... we were on our last limping leg for god sakes! Once they said STAT was out i didnt expect us to win this game but man were we close

I expected Boston to wear us down and kill us off big in the 4th.

What we did tonight is being completely underestimated. That was as proud a loss as you're going to see for a long time. The beautiful thing about proud losses or close losses if you work on them (And we've got a lot of time) they become proud wins!

STAT1

Starter
Bill Walker goes 0 for 11 but MDA keeps him out there for 32 minutes. Someone explain this to me.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Bill Walker goes 0 for 11 but MDA keeps him out there for 32 minutes. Someone explain this to me.

The series has at least 2 more games. Walker now goes into those games knowing his coach has his back. If Walker starts hitting shots then MDA is a genius and you suddenly forget about this and move on to the next thing that you don't agree with.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
jeffries played well but it doesnt excuse his folly on that last play

dude acted like he was scared to be the next Charles Smith.

Your 6'10 under the basket go up and try to draw the foul not force a bounce pass. i wouldve preferred Turiaf, someone with a slightly better offensive game had been out there on our final offensive play

i dont think doc has shown mike anything although i think hes a better coach

what we did today with 2 starters out speaks volumes. we had a chance to win when a lot of people thought it was over after amare went down. we were a screw job away from taking game 1 as well. we could easily be up 2-0. i'm so tight right now man smh

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If Walker starts hitting shots then MDA is a genius and you suddenly forget about this and move on to the next thing that you don't agree with.

:teeth:

Really? A pro baller starts making shots and that's a merit for genius?
facepalm2.gif

he was doing a great defensive job keeping allen out of the game even tho he made that boneheaded tech foul (boston flopping of course)

and i have a question why was there no tech called on big baby after JJ got shoved again if your gonna call on one end you gotta call on the other

Your 6'10 under the basket go up and try to draw the foul not force a bounce pass. i wouldve preferred Turiaf, someone with a slightly better offensive game had been out there on our final offensive play

what we did today with 2 starters out speaks volumes. we had a chance to win when a lot of people thought it was over after amare went down. we were a screw job away from taking game 1 as well. we could easily be up 2-0. i'm so tight right now man smh

And many here seem to forget that the celtics have been together for 4 season, they have better depth and execute and communicate better down the strectch as a team. I'm glad that these knicks are showing that they have the heart to complete and are not letting them run over us no matter who is injured a and who's out on the floor. It all comes down to who executes plays better and right now the advantage is Boston. I believe once we get our starters back for games three& four we will protect our home floor. Everyone forgets how difficult it is to win a game on the road and the best chance to win one is the first game but if we do the same thing in MSG its tied and we try to steal one again in TD garden we have shown it can be done but the execution has to be better in the fourth quarter

jimkcchief88

All Star

+1 agreed. We were only down by one. If JJ goes up strong, KG has to foul him... You make one at least for overtime...

But really proud of MELO and the boys... Like said above could easily be up 2-0... I know the whole horseshoes and hand grenades thing but our KNICKS were the walking wounded out there...Hopefully STAT and Chauncey can go Friday night as the series shifts to the REAL GARDEN!!!

STAT1

Starter
The series has at least 2 more games. Walker now goes into those games knowing his coach has his back. If Walker starts hitting shots then MDA is a genius and you suddenly forget about this and move on to the next thing that you don't agree with.

Not sure what that crack was for I don't post just to criticize the coach, these are legitimate objections I have with what I'm seeing on the floor. Please don't be one of those MDA-apologist posters that takes any criticism thrown at the coach as just some personal assault on the team. I don't give a crap if Walker knows MDA has his back, the guy is a role player not a franchise guy. If he's not doing the job he needs to get his butt back on the bench, plain & simple. 0 for 11 is inexcusable. Even more inexcusable to leave a guy who's 0 for 11 in the game for 32 minutes. When he starts hitting those shots then he deserves to be left in the game. If he's missing shot after shot & collecting boneheaded technical fouls then he needs to be called back to the bench for another player. The playoffs is no time to be dolling out minutes to save personal feelings of any player period, much less a role player like Bill Walker.

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer

he is part of the d'aints chucker squad... douglas walker carter they play no defense and they chuck and they chuck and they chuck... defense doesn't win games in d'aints book i guess he thinks chucking does.... that said those guys played with so much heart man it was painful to watch them lose again, but we will get our pound of flesh....

STAT1

Starter
he is part of the d'aints chucker squad... douglas walker carter they play no defense and they chuck and they chuck and they chuck... defense doesn't win games in d'aints book i guess he thinks chucking does.... that said those guys played with so much heart man it was painful to watch them lose again, but we will get our pound of flesh....

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the defense & intensity the Knicks have been playing in the first 2 games I made it a point to praise MDA for getting these guys prepared to play with some heart in the game 1 thread, but make no mistake the team was about ready to fold & pack it up to a blowout loss in the 2nd half when Boston made their run, you could see it in all their faces even in the head coach's, it took Melo to take the team on his shoulders to even get the game close in the 4th quarter. Melo willed the team back into the game. If people wanna give MDA credit for that, so be it, I'm not gonna begrudge them. I also don't knock MDA for the defense the team has played in this series overall. I do however, think it's fair to knock him for some very questionable choices like leaving Jeffries in to guard KG in the post instead of on the perimeter to make sure Allen or Pierce don't get off an open J. Turiaf should have been in the game to guard the paint on that possession IMHO. Would seem to make sense to want your best shotblocker & low post defender in the game to guard against Rondo's dribble penetration in a spread set with KG in the middle posting up. I don't think I'm asking for much, just for some logical Offensive/Defensive substitutions in the last few possessions after time outs.

We were outcoached.

But Mike, mike mike...

A foul is better than KG scoring, especially on (my bad West or whoever). But the not being prepared for the back court inbounds...smh

Does Doc have Mike's #?

or is this a "learning situation"? excuse me a growing situation.

I really think Mike gets caught up in the action. He's not coaching out there. He's more cheering his players on. I cant believe he didnt make some offensive defensive substitutions. We were a couple of shrewd, no not even shrewd, but a couple of semi-obvious coaching moves from winning this game...

Kiyaman

Legend

What about when u never agreed to Dantoni's type of coaching
for the past 3 years?

offensive-lineup (to score)
defensive-lineup (to make stops)
13 seconds on the clock.....
Which lineup does Jefferies belong in?

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the defense & intensity the Knicks have been playing in the first 2 games I made it a point to praise MDA for getting these guys prepared to play with some heart in the game 1 thread, but make no mistake the team was about ready to fold & pack it up to a blowout loss in the 2nd half when Boston made their run, you could see it in all their faces even in the head coach's, it took Melo to take the team on his shoulders to even get the game close in the 4th quarter. Melo willed the team back into the game. If people wanna give MDA credit for that, so be it, I'm not gonna begrudge them. I also don't knock MDA for the defense the team has played in this series overall. I do however, think it's fair to knock him for some very questionable choices like leaving Jeffries in to guard KG in the post instead of on the perimeter to make sure Allen or Pierce don't get off an open J. Turiaf should have been in the game to guard the paint on that possession IMHO. Would seem to make sense to want your best shotblocker & low post defender in the game to guard against Rondo's dribble penetration in a spread set with KG in the middle posting up. I don't think I'm asking for much, just for some logical Offensive/Defensive substitutions in the last few possessions after time outs.

I basically said the same thing in the game thread. I'm telling my son MDA needs to put defense in. He needs to put in Turiaf to guard KG and have JJ guarding Rondo. Then JJ can double whoever gets the ball. If West gets it he stays home.

He did nothing. This game was in the bag...

STAT1

Starter
I basically said the same thing in the game thread. I'm telling my son MDA needs to put defense in. He needs to put in Turiaf to guard KG and have JJ guarding Rondo. Then JJ can double whoever gets the ball. If West gets it he stays home.

He did nothing. This game was in the bag...

I agree. Jeffries was making some big plays in the stretch so I can definitely understand why MDA wanted to keep him in the game, but why not pull Walker who was struggling mightily & like we both have said inserting Turiaf to guard the paint on that last defensive possession? It just leaves such a bad taste in your mouth when the team fought back so hard to make this game close only to lose it in the end because of something like that.