you glorious bastards!

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
that was some ugly horrible nasty bball you glorious bunch of bastards! ain't seen a team play with much heart in awhile. refes fukd you and you didn't fall. you fought you clawed you hung in till the refes took it.... letting the celts call a time that was a jump, run on the floor ready for a fight, letting their coach up all over the court like he was a fukn cheerleader... money is in from the southies on this one no doubt.... but the only neg i have is you mr douglas... you played defense like d'aint drew it up.... you didn't......go knicksssssssssss... its backkkkkkkkk to gothammmmmmmmmmm

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I like it. You just pumped me up!

Back to NY, hopefully we'll have STAT and Billups back and we can draw some Green blood in this series.

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
how in the fuk did the celts get away with rushing on to the floor at the end... i hope stern steps in and levies some suspensions... those guys and the coach ran on to the floor thinking there was a fight...the rules are clear and the refes should have inforced them.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
how in the fuk did the celts get away with rushing on to the floor at the end... i hope stern steps in and levies some suspensions... those guys and the coach ran on to the floor thinking there was a fight...the rules are clear and the refes should have inforced them.

Yeah that'll be the day. It's clear that the Stern-o-meter of bias is clearly on Boston's side for this series. I guess they want them to have one last glory run.

I saw that. Isnt that a Tech and automatic suspensions?

STAT1

Starter
It was when it happened to us back in the Miami series in the 90s....

Better be a damn suspension on West and O'Neal or I will be completly BSed!!!

That's not a suspension unless it happens during a fight or altercation. What should have happened is the refs should have called a delay of game on the Celtics which if it was their 2nd offense would have resulted in a technical (not sure if they had collected one earlier in the game or not). This is also what should have happened at the end of game 1 when Delonte West was out on the court chest bumping Ray Allen after his big shot while the ball was live & in play, & again when Doc Rivers was 5 feet on the court screaming instructions to his players right behind Melo when Melo got the ball from TD on that last possession. All of this is completely disallowed in NBA rules but the refs swallowed their whistles on all of those instances. Of course when it comes to calling Melo for bs ticky tack fouls in the 1st quarter & that horrible offensive foul when he was being mugged by Pierce while trying to get free on offense, the refs are blowing on those whistles like a 10 dollar crack addict hooker looking for her next fix.

KingofNy

Starter
Yeah that'll be the day. It's clear that the Stern-o-meter of bias is clearly on Boston's side for this series. I guess they want them to have one last glory run.

Your not lying. We're going to be playing against Boston and the Refs this whole series courtesy of David Stern.

It sucks the NBA is rigged but I guess in the end it's all about money and we're the dumb@sses that keep falling for their bullsh*t. I don't know how many times the refs can screw us over before we start boycotting. It's almost not even fun to watch anymore...

What happened to the good ole' days where the best teams determined who wins the championships? Now it's all about the matchups and which ones will bring Stern and the NBA the most popularity and money. It's not new though, this has been going on for a long time now and David Stern is the guy running the whole thing. We are all fools for still supporting this garbage. Here's a link for some background in case you already didn't know... Also, go back and watch the last two games and tell me the same things not happening to us...Also, go back and look at my post before the series started...We the fans are getting the wool pulled over our eyes and we're paying them to do it... Total BS!

And everyone is scared to death to call him out and lose their job...Here's a quote from the crooked commish himself against any coach that calls him out...
"[Our] coaches should be quiet because this is a good business that makes them good livings and supports a lot of families," Stern said. "And if they don't like it, they should go get a job someplace else. I don't mean to be too subtle."[...]"And if someone wants to try me in the rest of this playoffs, you know, make my day. Because the game is too important and I don't think that the people who trash it are respecting it, and we'll do what we have to do-the players and coaches alike-because they give the impression to our fans that the referees somehow have an agenda."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Donaghy

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2009/11/25/nba-ref-scandal-re-opened/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ketball-entertainment-empire-part-one-of-four

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...ad-enough-of-your-whining-NBA-?urn=nba-236283

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/sto...ndy-calls-david-stern-a-tyrant-stern-responds

Allegations against the NBA

On June 10, 2008, Donaghy's attorney filed a court document alleging, among other things, that Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Sacramento Kings was fixed by two referees. The letter states that Donaghy "learned from Referee A that Referees A and F wanted to extend the series to seven games. Tim knew Referees A and F to be 'company men', always acting in the interest of the NBA, and that night, it was in the NBA's interest to add another game to the series."[39] The Lakers won Game 6, attempting 18 more free throws than the Kings in the fourth quarter, and went on to win the 2002 NBA Finals. The teams were not named, but the Western Conference Finals was the only seven-game series that year.[40] The document claimed that Donaghy told federal agents that to increase television ratings and ticket sales, "top executives of the NBA sought to manipulate games using referees".[39] It also said that NBA officials would tell referees to not call technical fouls on certain players, and states that a referee was privately reprimanded by the league for ejecting a star player in the first quarter of a January 2000 game.[39] Stern denied the accusations, calling Donaghy a "singing, cooperating witness".

Last edited:

STAT1

Starter
"[Our] coaches should be quiet because this is a good business that makes them good livings and supports a lot of families," Stern said. "And if they don't like it, they should go get a job someplace else. I don't mean to be too subtle."[...]"And if someone wants to try me in the rest of this playoffs, you know, make my day. Because the game is too important and I don't think that the people who trash it are respecting it, and we'll do what we have to do-the players and coaches alike-because they give the impression to our fans that the referees somehow have an agenda."

I think David Stern is getting way too big for his own britches he's taken this overly defensive stance on the crappy officiating the NBA has been witness to for quite some time for a while now even through 1 of the worst sports betting scandals of alltime with 1 of his own officials actively betting on games he officiated. Stern has become a master of deflection, he's now making the coaches who complain about crappy officiating as the bad guys that are trying to trash the game, what about addressing the crappy officiating that's destroying the game for everyone, the fans, players & coaches alike? How about that, Mr. Stern? "Make my day"? Really?

petescud

Starter
We have been entertaining and tonight nearly beat the Bostainians with a D League line up aside from Melo. Who BTW impressed the hell out of me. He nearly beat Boston by himself...really proud your on our team Melo.

Boston is done. They will probably beat us. We have too many injuries to fight Stern's orders for the refs to call the game the Celtic 's way...

I honestly don't think The Celtics can beat anyone else left aside from the 76ers

la2ny

Starter
Well, that explains why there is no team in Las Vegas in a league dependent on big markets lol.

I've had the idea of starting another league in the future that would reflect the NBA when it was at it's peak before it turned into what it is now. I was also thinking of bringing back NBC games with it and making sure certain markets had teams like Sacramento and Seattle. Problem w/ this is that even if this league were to steal talent from the NBA no one would want to watch it. It's like brainwashing. If compared to anything it's like an iPhone vs. some very good smartphone that works just the same. More people will get the iPhone just because it's an iPhone.

I hate those damn last possesion losses!

I'm so sick of it!

We play so well against Boston and ALWAYS lose on the last possesion...it's freakin killing me!

Melo was sensational, Turiaf and Jeffries huge again! Even Mason was ok.

Douglas was disappointing this time, shot way too many bricks.

Fields is useless and we were losing badly with him on the floor, turnovers on offense and Ray Allen 3s on defense.

Seriously bench him for the rest of the playoffs he can't play in them yet.