Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 'REAL" Reason We Didn't Win Game 2

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Your basically agreeing with me without even realizing it. Your right, its on the players to execute but Antoni didn't have the best players in to do so. I didn't mind JJ guarding KG on that post up but Turiaf would have been a better option. Turiaf also would have been the better option on our last play going to the basket from the Melo pass since he is better than JJ at finishing, passing and FT shooting.
    i never said i wasn't agreeing with you its seems as though were agreeing with each other. I'm just saying look at what Mike had overall compared to what Boston had i feel everyone around here should be impressed that the game was even that close it was ultimately 4vs1. Just imagine if we were at full strength do you honestly think Boston would of won these past two games? I am impressed that he tried to make something out of nothing because he could of easily just gave up right there when amare went down.

I believe Turiaf was on the bench icing his knees and he was done for the rest of the game as well i could be mistaken and thats why he was not in the final minutes, we all know that MDA limits his minutes because he is injury prone however Sheldon Williams was available and im sure that boneheaded play would of not been made.

just like you have to crown jared for making the layup putting us up by 1 you have to criticize him for the same play that cost us the game that is on the player and not the coach. The coach made due with what was available to him at the time

Veteran

Whats up with Rautins, is he that bad that he can't even come off the bench? Or is the coach burying him on the bench because he doesn't fit his system. He can ruin guys carrears like this.

JJ ain't sh!t, after the season please get rid of this underachiever ASAP. Damn near every time the ball touches his hands he treats it like a hot potato and fumbles it away. He's just an extra tall dude with shotty defense, and his offense is close to non exisistant. I'm still amazed he gave us 10 points in the game. We badly need a big in the post. A young tall guy that can run and clog up the middle, no need to be a scorer, just someone to grab boards and create differcult shots down low for the opposition, that should be easy to find in the up coming draft. PG's comes a dime a dozen...the Knicks only need a guy that can get the ball to Stat and/or Melo sweet spots, any scoring would be a plus but IMO is not really needed. Big men are a neccesity in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Whats up with Rautins, is he that bad that he can't even come off the bench? Or is the coach burying him on the bench because he doesn't fit his system. He can ruin guys carrears like this.

JJ ain't sh!t, after the season please get rid of this underachiever ASAP. Damn near every time the ball touches his hands he treats it like a hot potato and fumbles it away. He's just an extra tall dude with shotty defense, and his offense is close to non exisistant. I'm still amazed he gave us 10 points in the game. We badly need a big in the post. A young tall guy that can run and clog up the middle, no need to be a scorer, just someone to grab boards and create differcult shots down low for the opposition, that should be easy to find in the up coming draft. PG's comes a dime a dozen...the Knicks only need a guy that can get the ball to Stat and/or Melo sweet spots, any scoring would be a plus but IMO is not really needed. Big men are a neccesity in the playoffs.
    He's injured and out for the playoffs.