We need to trade Billups+Fields for CP3 now before its too late

We have to do it this offseason while Landry still has a high trade value.

I personally think Billups is overrated, yeah TD played bad defense tonight on Rondo but that is only because TD didn't want to get into foul trouble.

A lot of you say that Billups has a lot of experience but all he does is just chuck up 3's with 20 seconds left on the shot clock, he's not efficient, he's not even a good passer and can't run the pick and roll with Amare.

I know i might get flamed for this but Billups is just an old version of TD. With Cp3, Jeffries+Turiaf would be enough to win a championship. REAL TALK

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
Either do what we have to do to get CP3, or do the same to get DHoward. Me personally would rather try to buyout billups and e sign for cheap, and we get dwight. Either one would put us over the top.

To hell with drafting a player somebody thinks has potential (with the exception of kyrie irving which we probably cant get). We keep our big3 and get dwight with limited role players, or keep our big 2, get cp3 and the role players we have(besides the ones we get rid of to get him). CHAMPIONSHIP! PERIOD!!!

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Dwight >> Paul.

I'm sorry, but it's much harder to find a center like Dwight.

That's how you beat the Bostons and Miamis of the world. With a center. We wouldn't allow Rondo to get to the paint so mych today if we had Dwight.

Dwight >> Paul.

I'm sorry, but it's much harder to find a center like Dwight.

That's how you beat the Bostons and Miamis of the world. With a center. We wouldn't allow Rondo to get to the paint so mych today if we had Dwight.
I doubt they would trade Dwight to a team in their same conference plus who even knows that Dwight wants to come here? CP3 said he wanted to join STAT and Melo since the summer.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
ok we need to clear one thing and agree to thoroughly accept it as fact:
unless we are gonna give em STAT, D12 (if magic decide to trade him) will end up in LA with Kobe.....not because they want to please D12 or want to trade him away to the west...no!
as sick as it makes me to say this, LA has the best package that magic can get period. There is absolutely no other team that hes gonna agree to sign a extension to and has the pieces to acquire him. LA can and will give Bynum, Odom, picks and take on a unwanted contract orland decides to throw in. We cant do any of that.

I doubt they would trade Dwight to a team in their same conference plus who even knows that Dwight wants to come here? CP3 said he wanted to join STAT and Melo since the summer.

STAT1

Starter
We need to do a lot of things doesn't mean other teams will wanna play ball with us & make them happen. CP3 would be great but it takes 2 willing parties to make a deal happen. NOH is unlikely to make any moves to trade CP3 until the trade deadline at the absolute earliest.

I had the same idea as soon as I heard of Billups' buyout clause after the Denver trade.

Billups, Fields, Walker and a 1st round pick we acquire from some team for Chris Paul.

We could trade Douglas for a 1st round pick. I love TOney, but if trading him means we get CP3 I'm all for it!

Dwight Howard won't come to NY, all of you guys still saying he might are living in dreamland!

I actually thought we looked better without BIllups last night, his rushed 3 point shooting is really starting to annoy me.

I say trade him, before his huge contract moves us into cap hell. Getting rid of Fields wouldn't hurt us either after his piss poor performances in March and April.

We definitely need a shooting guard for next season.
All that talk about CP3 and Dwight Howard, but people forget that we don't have ANYTHING at the SG position.

If we can't get Chris Paul, use Billups buyout clause, make Douglas the starter and Carter the backup, Rautins 3rd option at PG.
Sign a decent shooting guard and a good center plus trade Landry Fields on draft night for Kenneth Faried.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I've been saying Billups is overrated for a minute...glad to see people realizing this too. Not to mention that 3 injuries in 1/4 of a season shows a pattern that has to be attributed to his age. The one initial injury never fully healed which everyone knows as you get older injuries are slower to heal.

That said it would def take more than that package to get CP3 but if NO is afraid like Utah was he can definitely be had. CP3, Melo and Amare would be best 3 in the league.

We need to do a lot of things doesn't mean other teams will wanna play ball with us & make them happen. CP3 would be great but it takes 2 willing parties to make a deal happen. NOH is unlikely to make any moves to trade CP3 until the trade deadline at the absolute earliest.
Well CP3 does not want to be in NOH and i'm guessing they would want something for him instead of getting Lebron'd

I had the same idea as soon as I heard of Billups' buyout clause after the Denver trade.

Billups, Fields, Walker and a 1st round pick we acquire from some team for Chris Paul.

We could trade Douglas for a 1st round pick. I love TOney, but if trading him means we get CP3 I'm all for it!

Dwight Howard won't come to NY, all of you guys still saying he might are living in dreamland!

I actually thought we looked better without BIllups last night, his rushed 3 point shooting is really starting to annoy me.

I say trade him, before his huge contract moves us into cap hell. Getting rid of Fields wouldn't hurt us either after his piss poor performances in March and April.

We definitely need a shooting guard for next season.
All that talk about CP3 and Dwight Howard, but people forget that we don't have ANYTHING at the SG position.

If we can't get Chris Paul, use Billups buyout clause, make Douglas the starter and Carter the backup, Rautins 3rd option at PG.
Sign a decent shooting guard and a good center plus trade Landry Fields on draft night for Kenneth Faried.
Agree With everything you just said except trading TD.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
please, no more trading. can't we develop our own player?

Hey I would love CP3 just as much as any Knicks fan would, but its going to take alot more than an aging Billups and overachieving 2nd rounder in Fields to get a superstar like Paul, regardless of his contract expiring with NOs or not.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I've been saying Billups is overrated for a minute...glad to see people realizing this too. Not to mention that 3 injuries in 1/4 of a season shows a pattern that has to be attributed to his age. The one initial injury never fully healed which everyone knows as you get older injuries are slower to heal.

That said it would def take more than that package to get CP3 but if NO is afraid like Utah was he can definitely be had. CP3, Melo and Amare would be best 3 in the league.

I'm inclined to agree w the bolded.

I want CP3 on this team so friggin badly.

Teams would legitamately fear us if we got him to go along w Melo and Amare.

There would be no answers for that three and knock down shooters. None.

You can't stop CP3 from breaking down your defense w/out doubling. If you double him he'll find the open man, everytime, or make tha pass that leads to the ball finding the open man.

On the pick and roll teams would have to choose to step out on Amare or double Paul, leading to a dunk/ shot off a pop, or a layup for Paul.

If Paul were to penetrate off the pick and he draws help, he can kick to open shooters. Even if the rotation is good the ball would eventually find the open man in those situations.

There would be more open threes for Melo, or easy dribble drives off of hard closeouts by recovering defenders, along w more open shots for whoever else we'd have on the floor.. be it Walker or Williams etc..

Sprinkle in a few odd isos for Melo and Amare to keep defenses off balance and you have the recipe for utter dominance.

We could run our stuff confidently w an attitude that says.., "Stop us if you can".

TEAMS SIMPLY WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DEAL WITH OUR OFFENSE​

There are no answers for this big three.​

I challenge anybody to tell me how teams would stop us..

We have to resign Donnie and figure out a way to bring CP3 here.​

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Hey I would love CP3 just as much as any Knicks fan would, but its going to take alot more than an aging Billups and overachieving 2nd rounder in Fields to get a superstar like Paul, regardless of his contract expiring with NOs or not.

We'll prolly need a third team..