Landry Fields says he will be better next game

I like Landry, I really do but he's not a starter in the playoffs yet.

He should play around 20 minutes as a SF imo and guard Pierce.

Allen is too slick and too clever for him, those three 3-pointers by Ray Ray hurt us big time plus on offense he's a turnover machine because of his inexperience.

SF could be ideal for him.

I'd even play Melo as SG to be honest.

mafra

Legend
Dude missed 2 free throws early in the game when he was fouled on a shot. Aired a 3, then air balls on a few layup-like attempts. The dude was overwhelmed by the moment. That's for sure.

p0nder

Starter
the problem for me with fields was his defenseive play. He wasn't working through the screens and that allowed ray ray to get off lots of wide open looks. Yes the C's have some great guys that set screens. but landry needs to recognize that and step around and work through to put a hand in ray's face. Ray allen for an uncontested shot will knock it down pretty much every time.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
It's sad to see, really. I mean who here doesn't love Landry for what he brought to the table all season long? Watching him in the Playoffs is like seeing an empty shell of the Fields that we all know and love.

Hopefully he's gotten rid of the jitters by now. If this kid can play even close to what he's shown in the past, it could be the push that sends us over the edge to a Game 3 victory.

Good point p0nder, I also noticed Fields struggling mightily to get around screens and sometimes ending up flat on his back as a result. But let's be honest, any pick from Garnett is a trip and/or hold but the refs never call it. If Melo does anything even similar, however.....lol. F**kin refs.

petescud

Starter
I agree...Melo should be a 2 guard the way he plays, and Landry is getting burned by Ray

I like Landry, I really do but he's not a starter in the playoffs yet.

He should play around 20 minutes as a SF imo and guard Pierce.

Allen is too slick and too clever for him, those three 3-pointers by Ray Ray hurt us big time plus on offense he's a turnover machine because of his inexperience.

SF could be ideal for him.

I'd even play Melo as SG to be honest.