I cringed every time Mason touched the ball (and top 3 improvements we need to make)

shaolin

Benchwarmer
We basically had one D-III caliber player (Mason) and a D-Leaguer (Jefferies) and we almost won the game. We had almost no chance of stopping the Celtics when we were up by one. Mason was guarding Pierce, I was certain Pierce was going to get the ball and easily score on Mason. But they fed the ball to Garnett, who was easily stronger and too skilled for Jefferies. For some reason Melo was guarding Ray instead of Pierce, not that it mattered much cause no matter what we did, there was easily three mismatches.

Top three things the Knicks need:

1. Replace D'Antoni with Sloan (or another top coach)
2. get a legit PG. It doesn't have to be a CP3 or Westbrook type of PG. Felton caliber PGs would be more than fine.
3. Bring Jerome Jordan from overseas. No need for a traditional (post and toast) player. Just a body who doesn't get pushed around a la Jefferies. I don't mind Jefferies btw, just don't like him as our starting center.

We basically had one D-III caliber player (Mason) and a D-Leaguer (Jefferies) and we almost won the game. We had almost no chance of stopping the Celtics when we were up by one. Mason was guarding Pierce, I was certain Pierce was going to get the ball and easily score on Mason. But they fed the ball to Garnett, who was easily stronger and too skilled for Jefferies. For some reason Melo was guarding Ray instead of Pierce, not that it mattered much cause no matter what we did, there was easily three mismatches.

Top three things the Knicks need:

1. Replace D'Antoni with Sloan (or another top coach)
2. get a legit PG. It doesn't have to be a CP3 or Westbrook type of PG. Felton caliber PGs would be more than fine.
3. Bring Jerome Jordan from overseas. No need for a traditional (post and toast) player. Just a body who doesn't get pushed around a la Jefferies. I don't mind Jefferies btw, just don't like him as our starting center.
You have the same exact list as me.

Trade Fields+Billups+Rautins for CP3
Bring in Jerome Jordan 100% agreed
sign Reggie Williams or Battier/Pietrus vet minimum

:gony:

mafra

Legend
I fear the Knicks will "wait" this free agency, and hope for Deron or Paul after next season. MISTAKE. Go hard after Marc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan. Throw money at Gasol especially. If we can get a legit center, then live with risking not being able to sign Deron or Paul.

We might be able to find a PG in the 1st round this year. Finding a center is harder. And we all know we need a C.

PLUS, we have Billups and his expring deal. We should eb able to swing a deal for some PG at some point.

I would grab Sloan in a second if we could, but I doubt it (and forget about Deron if we do). I would force Dant into hiring Lebron's former coach from CLE. Brown? He'll coach some defense.

We also need a SG. I would look to trade Fields for a top-10 draft pick or a SG. I think Brown would be just as good, if not better.