Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knicks sent tape to league office after Game 1,NBA admits KG's trip on TD was a foul

Originally Posted by petescud
    This series was decided before opening tip off of game 1
    I start to believe that aswell!

Same with the Lakers-Hornets series, the Hornets came out way tougher than league office thought in game 1 and got robbed in game 2. Those calls against them (especially Okafor) when the Lakers were struggling reminded me of our series and how we got robbed.

A good thing would be to have 1 american and 2 international refs, maybe from Australia or Spain, China whatever. Just to prevent this BS that's been going on for years...all I need to say is Sacramento - Lakers Conference Finals. Honestly the KIngs should have stopped participating in the league after that.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    I start to believe that aswell!

Same with the Lakers-Hornets series, the Hornets came out way tougher than league office thought in game 1 and got robbed in game 2. Those calls against them (especially Okafor) when the Lakers were struggling reminded me of our series and how we got robbed.

A good thing would be to have 1 american and 2 international refs, maybe from Australia or Spain, China whatever. Just to prevent this BS that's been going on for years...all I need to say is Sacramento - Lakers Conference Finals. Honestly the KIngs should have stopped participating in the league after that.
    The Kings/Lakers series WAS rigged as admitted by Tim Donaghy so the gamblers can make their money. I agree that it really was a total robbery.....

Refs should definitely be held accountable, but we have to keep in mind that its a really tough job as well. Doesn't help that the players make 100x more than they do.

No need to send the tape, the refs knew it was foul at the very moment it happened! How could they not see that moving screen/trip?!?!

Originally Posted by KnicksFan65
    No need to send the tape, the refs knew it was foul at the very moment it happened! How could they not see that moving screen/trip?!?!
    the thing that pisses me off with this whole ordeal is the fact that the league still said that ray allen still had to make the shot, even though kevin garnett's offensive foul came before the shot. plus giving ray allen a WIDEEE open 3pter is the equalvelent of giving anybody a damn lay-up. referees costed us 2 playoff games and all we get is a half assed apology. blows my mind

Originally Posted by nykway24
    the thing that pisses me off with this whole ordeal is the fact that the league still said that ray allen still had to make the shot, even though kevin garnett's offensive foul came before the shot. plus giving ray allen a WIDEEE open 3pter is the equalvelent of giving anybody a damn lay-up. referees costed us 2 playoff games and all we get is a half assed apology. blows my mind
    They have to make up some BS to cover their butts, they know in their hearts it was bad call or they would of never of addressed the problem in the first place.

Default Dirty play by dirty player

Wrong. It was not just a foul, it was a dirty play by a dirty player, with intent to injure, not just to cheat.

So are they going to play the last few seconds over? Or is it still a loss? Still a loss? Ok...great.

Veteran

Stearn is thinking about making the last few minutes of the game reviewable....sought of like the NFL, where coaches might be giving red flags to throw. He's not sure what to do but says something will be done, claiming his main focus is to speed up the game.