Douglas' 3rd foul in game 2...

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
After watching the game for a second time (Thank God for DVR) i noticed the reason douglas was told to foul. It was to get Amare out of the game.

On the previous possession amare tweaked his back and looked to the bench for a sub, Boston grabbed a rebound and went to the other end with the ball, missed a contested shot and J oneal got an EASY offensive rebound because stat could barely raise his arms (its what it looked like to me anyway).

The foul was for a substitution. I know I was reallytrippin on why coach told TD to foul, but for ayone else wondering why. Here it is.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
Also if you look at D'antoni after the whistle blows, he says "my Bad". I dont think he realised TD already had 2 fouls. At the time there was 3:22 left in the 2nd quarter. TD had to sit for the rest of the half.

On MSG they even said that MDA wanted a foul to get Stat off the court, they were shocked that TD was the one to do so though.

STAT1

Starter
The mere fact that he would tell TD to intentionally foul & not someone else when Billups was out for the game & TD was the 1 player that couldn't afford to be in foul trouble in that game speaks volumes for this coach's lack of attention to detail.