Not Mike D's fault..Jeffries turned the wrong way!!

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
OH, how friggin close...Again...
Let's not jump on the coach for the Melo pass inside...it was there!!
If you you tube the clip and stop it when the double team ran at Melo, the play to make was Jeffries breaking free underneath...pass was good, catch was good, but he turned backwards to make another pass and didn't just let it go when he caught it?? :barf: It was set up to be the perfect storm by the Knicks...and It'll take me till Friday to get over this one..
But hear this,,No doubt in my mind, this series will be tied by Sunday afternoon.....THIS BABY IS GOING 7..gonna be some fun!!
Ya know the Celtics must be feelin just a little ferclempt about escaping with last second wins....

This has the makings of a CLASSIC SERIES..:peace:
KNICKS IN 7. :thumbsup:

WrongIslander

Rotation player
OH, how friggin close...Again...
Let's not jump on the coach for the Melo pass inside...it was there!!
If you you tube the clip and stop it when the double team ran at Melo, the play to make was Jeffries breaking free underneath...pass was good, catch was good, but he turned backwards to make another pass and didn't just let it go when he caught it?? :barf: It was set up to be the perfect storm by the Knicks...and It'll take me till Friday to get over this one..
But hear this,,No doubt in my mind, this series will be tied by Sunday afternoon.....THIS BABY IS GOING 7..gonna be some fun!!
Ya know the Celtics must be feelin just a little ferclempt about escaping with last second wins....

This has the makings of a CLASSIC SERIES..:peace:
KNICKS IN 7. :thumbsup:

That's more like it!

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Last Offensive Play

I took a look at the replays of that turnover by Jefferies. He certainly did turn the wrong way. He was wide open when Melo passed to him. If he went straight up with his right hand, it should have been two points. But he turned to the left and directly into the path of the advancing Garnett.

But Walker was being guarded by Garnett around the foul line. He should have moved away from the basket and toward Melo. Either Garnett would have followed or Walker would have been free.

Jefferies turning into Garnett appears as though the play was designed for for him to pass off to Walker.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
The problem is that he should have never been in that position to begin with. He is an atrocious foul shooter and so inept offensively that he actually turns the wrong way.

This game was winnable b/c of a stellar performance by Melo, and blown because the coach could not adjust the offense once Boston started doubling...

MDA needs to go.

Coach must have Turi and JJ scared to shoot. He even got Sheldon to come here to be a non scoring center. I've seen these dudes give up the easy basket plenty of times, it pisses me off actually. But I also wouldn't be suprised if either of them were deferring. Coach needs to draft a young tall athlete and coach him up to be a lane and middle clogger. I don't see any FA centers worth our cap space this coming year, that cash should be used along with trades to get a stable/experience PG, SG, and decent sixth man. Daft the center because you need fresh legs to run in this system, I doubt this coach wants him to score. There's plenty of them out there...

jimkcchief88

All Star
The problem is that he should have never been in that position to begin with. He is an atrocious foul shooter and so inept offensively that he actually turns the wrong way.

This game was winnable b/c of a stellar performance by Melo, and blown because the coach could not adjust the offense once Boston started doubling...

MDA needs to go.

C'mon JJ had just finished the same play further from the bucket earlier, that why he was in. Doc knows JJ is normally an offensive non-factor so the play was perfect. It was up to JJ to finish it. I don't care how much of a liability you are on offense, you are still a 6'11" pro-hooper. I'm 6'1" and would finish that play or get fouled or both. I wish I was 6'11" for one day. I would go to the nearest court and FIND people to dunk on even if it was a mother walking her kids I would dunk and kick over the stroller. The play was there, but its up to the player to finish it.