How would Kyle Korver do on this team?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
No, no, not saying we should trade for him (not that we could), just curious since Walsh was said to be interested him last year before free agency.

With Melo, Amar'e, Korver, and got a center to go along with them, would Korver have been a big time addition?

Also, if we traded for Melo last summer and had the opportunity to sign Korver do you think we would have? We'd have Korver and Fields and the SG positions.

Just a fun thing to ponder, that's all.

Korver missed only once this Playoffs. Pretty impressive.

la2ny

Starter
Well he would've been a hell of a lot better than anyone we had out there in game 2 besides Melo....

finestrg

Rotation player
There's no doubt Mike needs a knockdown shooter in this offense..Hopefully it'll be Andy Rautins..I think they expected Rautins to develop legit PG skills along the way and kinda buried him when he didn't. So he won't be Steve Nash -- who cares? I'll take the next Matt Carroll if that's what he is..Here's hoping Rautins sees some meaningful time next year..I think we've been looking for that dead-eye long range shooter all year long and haven't really found it anywhere -- not with Mason Jr (started off terrible and wasn't part of the rotation which I agreed with---kinda too little, too late now), not with Walker (epitome of inconsistency on offense/terrible defensively---I doubt we bring him back) and not even with Williams who's been the best of the lot but has cooled off significantly during this second half of the season.

No doubt Korver would be great but he makes $10M over the next two seasons ($5M apiece). Plus I can't see Chicago trading him to us..I'd like to see the Knicks find their own Kyle Korver somewhere without needlessly overpaying..I like Jon Diebler from Ohio State myself. If I'm the Knicks, this kid's definitely on my radar. 6'6" terrific 3-pt shooter on one of America's best teams over the past couple of years. I say either target this guy somewhere in the second round or if by chance he goes undrafted, jump all over him with a summer league/training camp invite...Imagine Diebler and Rautins in this rotation next year. We'd always have the opportunity to have at least one great shooter on the court at any given time; sometimes even both..Both are really SGs but I think Rautins can play a little 1 at times and Diebler at 6'6" can play some stretch 3 in the right matchups.

Its going to be Reggie Williams, he's a 42% three point shooter and i read an article that said that Donnie is interested in signing him this summer. He's probably only going to be like $2M at most.

That's basically what I've been saying for a good month. We need a true shooting guard. Landry Fields is a great guy and will be a useful role player, but he isn't a shooter and we need a shooter who can play some defense at the 2 spot.

We would've destroyed the Celtics in game 2 with a decent 6'6 or 6'7 shooter next to him.

Walker, Douglas and even Billups at this point in his career are all more volume shooters than knock down shooters.

Ray Allen goes 4/4 from 3 when given a tiny bit os space, we need somebody like that aswell! A successor to Allan H20 HOuston.

finestrg

Rotation player
Its going to be Reggie Williams, he's a 42% three point shooter and i read an article that said that Donnie is interested in signing him this summer. He's probably only going to be like $2M at most.

Interesting..I think Williams might cost a little more than $2M..Two productive years in a row on the heels of a monster year in the DL last year..We'll have to see..If there are other teams involved for his services (you gotta figure at least GS would want to keep him) the price only goes up...Tell you what, just talking GS players, I'm all over Jeff Adrien if the Warriors don't bring him back..He's a little undersized but his long arms & strong base help him make up the difference...This could be the rebounder we really need if we can't come up with one another way...DL all-star this year and the DL's 'impact player of the year.' I wouldn't even wait for the Warriors to make a decision. As soon as our season's over I immediately make Adrien an offer. In fact, I'd even go against league rules: on the down low, get word to he and his agent RIGHT NOW that we're interested and ask them to wait for us..

Last edited: