Game 4: Impending Doom

TakMan

Rotation player
Neither Billups or TD are good enough. Amar'e I'm prepared to overlook as he clearly wasn't 100% fit.

Can Fields bounce back? I'd say he can. Can we afford to find out? Well I'd see that's down to the trades offered.

PG and C have to be acquired somehow.

Remember Billups is a championship winning player who started at PG for the best defensive team at the time. He's smart and can keep his calm when the game is on the line. Other than Stoudamire, he was also the only other player on the team with comprehensive playoff experience. Things could have been so different had he been available.

KingofNy

Starter
defense wins championships.

how ****ing true!!!!

What's ironic is that it was our offense that lost this series. Antoni runs a half-court set worse than JJ shoots the 3 ball... Seriously.

We lost this series because Antoni couldn't make adjustments on the fly. His offensive gameplan consisted of 3 plays, 3 frigging plays! I've seen Doc call 3 different plays in 10 seconds. Antoni and his family of garbage assistant coaches all need to get the boot.

I say we fire every single one of our coaches including Herb. I've always liked Herb but he obviously doesn't have the balls to tell the coach he's wrong. Herb knows defense and how to play ball, he just doesn't have the balls

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Billups is old and I don't want to risk putting our stock in him, just to see him get injured, let him return to Den.

As for MDA, tested and tried: I don't want to waste our next playoff run on him. STAT and Melo aren't 22, they need a real chance, from a good defensive coach, to get us our chip.

We need a good PG and a SG. I'm not sure who we can get for PG, but I vote for a 3-yr deal for Jamal Crawford to play SG and some PG.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Remember Billups is a championship winning player who started at PG for the best defensive team at the time. He's smart and can keep his calm when the game is on the line. Other than Stoudamire, he was also the only other player on the team with comprehensive playoff experience. Things could have been so different had he been available.

He's 34, he'll be 35 next year and he couldn't stay on the court. Time waits for no man. If he was Ray Allen and just a spot up shooter around a team that will run for him then sure but to ask him to be the man that makes the running and starts the plays? Not for me personally.

STAT1

Starter
Billups is old and I don't want to risk putting our stock in him, just to see him get injured, let him return to Den.

As for MDA, tested and tried: I don't want to waste our next playoff run on him. STAT and Melo aren't 22, they need a real chance, from a good defensive coach, to get us our chip.

We need a good PG and a SG. I'm not sure who we can get for PG, but I vote for a 3-yr deal for Jamal Crawford to play SG and
some PG.

I agree with you in principle, but who else is out there that's a better stopgap option for us for 1 season while we wait on CP3?

smokes

Huge Member
Also remember Billups is not a particularly injury prone player pretty horrible luck to get a deep thigh bruise followed by another on the opposite leg and then a knee tweak all in the space of 1 month. He ain't no pussy and he would have made an ENORMOUS difference in this series.

KingofNy

Starter
How could any of the returning players want to come back and play for this guy next season? I think Melo will be having words with his agent to lean on Dolan to get us a coach that actually knows the game of basketball.

I truly think the last month or so we have seen the ceiling of MDA's coaching. Time to move on.

You are dead right. Melo could barely make it through 28 games without calling out Dumbtoni and his horrible coaching. We all need to pray that Mr. Dolan makes the right move here and cuts his losses on the Antoni family of terrible coaches.

I am also very interested to see this squad, especially Stat, play under a new defensive minded coach. I think Stat has the potential to become a great defender if he gets the right coaching. IMO, if we get the defense fixed the offense will fix itself. I mean we stayed with the Celtics and won half of our games this season running the same 3 plays on offense and two defensive sets. Just imagine what we could do with a "real" coach and a "real" playbook.

We are gonna be great next season...That is if Antoni is gone. If he's still here expect similar results. No jump shooting team ever does well in the playoffs, you need a post game and big men with a good defense and a coach that can make adjustments and work the refs.

STAT1

Starter
I don't know, as I said, but I fear a weird knee injury that leaves us with TD running point.

I would keep Chauncey around if nothing else but to have something to offer up if by some luck CP3 starts forcing his way to NY the way Melo did this season. Maybe if Billups is playing well in the 1st half to start the year you can combine him with Landry Fields & whoever we draft with our 1st round pick to get him here? I know that's a stretch to believe it wouldn't take more than that to get a player like CP3, but unless we have any better options I don't think it's the right play to buy Chauncey out this summer.

mafra

Legend
NY should look to swap Billups for an expiring contract, or a "bad" contract some team wants to dump, if they can get a player to help this club. Or, just buy Billups out for 6 million and have some cash to make a run at Marc Gasol, if possible.

KingCharles34

All Star
Been saying this since I got here..

Yea we both been on that get CP3 sh*t for a while my brother....i honestly think he'll be a Knick next year at the deadline. We got a nice small group of posters that want CP3 but im surprised to see just as many if not more posters that prefer D12 over CP3

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
Yea we both been on that get CP3 sh*t for a while my brother....i honestly think he'll be a Knick next year at the deadline. We got a nice small group of posters that want CP3 but im surprised to see just as many if not more posters that prefer D12 over CP3

They both got their strengths and weaknesses. CP3 is STILL the best PG in the league to me. But his knees and injuries scare me.

D12 is a DEFENSIVE MONSTER. 3X DPOY nuff said. But he complains TOO MUCH about not getting the ball on offense. On a team with Melo and STAT he wont see the ball much in the paint.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
pathetic effort

no teamwork, no chemistry

the entire 2nd half of the season has been iso melo iso amare all game long. either that or the same pick n roll. too predictable, melo and amare are literally ramming their way into the paint. dantoni just makes the game look ugly. knicks in general struggle on offense, most of the points from melo and amare are forced and their percentages have been dropping lately .

bball should be played smart and in rhythm like clyde says. set screens for shooters, get into sweet spots, etc. but these fa ggots running around like a chicken lose. shit is intolerable. it's inexcusable not to be able to win AT LEAST 1 game for the home crowd.