The New York Knicks Bucket List

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
While I think D'Antoni did fairly well this Playoffs, some of his mistakes are inexcusable, such as that out of bounds play he let the Celtics execute and also not fouling the Celtics quickly in the second game.

But, we can't go by just that. I do think if we have a chance to get Rick Adelman, we should go for it. Even in Mike's first two seasons here, while not having a great team, it was just "shoot threes" basketball. I dunno if we should pass up on getting someone such as Adelman to keep Mike.

Paul1355

All Star
While I think D'Antoni did fairly well this Playoffs, some of his mistakes are inexcusable, such as that out of bounds play he let the Celtics execute and also not fouling the Celtics quickly in the second game.

But, we can't go by just that. I do think if we have a chance to get Rick Adelman, we should go for it. Even in Mike's first two seasons here, while not having a great team, it was just "shoot threes" basketball. I dunno if we should pass up on getting someone such as Adelman to keep Mike.

runningjumper, I know im being picky here but did you just say that Mike D did fairly well these playoffs?

His offense has been dreadful all three games, the only thing that he has a good reputation with. His defense was decent until game 3 and they blew game 1 and 2, games they should have won.

So if you blow two huge games in the opposing teams court and then lay an egg in MSG when the crowd was going nuts, probably being the most embarrassing playoff game in a long time....you still think he did fairly well?

I thought that Mike D could never be fired until after next season, but after watching these games, I would not be surprised if Donnie Walsh or James Dolan in fact are forced to make the decision to let Mike D go.

It is embarrassing. BUT James Dolan is blind and Donnie Walsh is in love with Mike D so i dont think it will happen.

But my opinion is that Mike D has only done "fairly well" with his defense, only in game 1 and 2.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
I doubt we will be able to afford J-Rich for 5M plus sign Dalembert+Foster. Dalembert would want at least 4M and i love Foster's hustle and toughness. I really think we should just go with my idea of trading Billups+Turiaf+Fields+Rautins for Cp3 and then sign Reggie Williams. With Cp3, I think with guys like Nazr Mohammed, Jeffries, and Foster would be enough.

What makes you think a package of Billups (old), Turiaf(always hurt average player) Fields(not a very high ceiling)and Andy "I havent played all season" Rautins is all it takes to get a deal done for Cp3 LOL

What makes you think a package of Billups (old), Turiaf(always hurt average player) Fields(not a very high ceiling)and Andy "I havent played all season" Rautins is all it takes to get a deal done for Cp3 LOL

Right now the Hornets are owned by the league. I'm sure if CP3 made enough noise they'd trade him just to save the other teams money. They cant resign him until or unless they find another owner. Lets just hope that doesnt happen within the next year...