Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63

Thread: This Is Why We Need A New Coach.

  1. #1
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Nyk Logo This Is Why We Need A New Coach.



    If I say "Fire D'Antoni", what's your immediate reaction?

    * It's not his fault?
    * How can you "blame" coach, we had key players injured?
    * For who? There's no one out there?
    * He didn't have a stable roster?
    * He got them to play hard in games 1 & 2?
    * No one expected us to even be here?
    * Not this again?
    Yeah I get it, as well I assume your most likely a "not this again" thinker and an optimist. Check.

    Is there a difference between Mike D'Antoni is "to blame" -vs- we have a plan, and Mike D'Antoni doesn't fit that idea? (And yes making the playoffs is a partial result of that plan, which acknowledged we just did).

    See any difference?

    IF we had/have a PLAN, and that plan CAN ONLY BEGIN WITH A CERTAIN TYPE OF COACH, then it's safe to say; It Makes Absolutely No Sense To Target Any Specific Player BEFORE We Get A Coach In The Mold Of Our Plan!


    Here are my reasons why NOW is the time to get a new coach and move forward:

    1. We DEMAND defense!

    I said before that New York is a defensive city. The East is a defensive conference and as Musketeer pointed out, it's NEEDED to compete. Offense will N-E-V-E-R be prioritized over defense if you plan on competing at a higher level. Mike D'Antoni is not a savvy defensive coach, and the issue of defensive personnel is exacerbated by targeting players to fit into his system. It's that simple. If we stay with him then obviously our plan isn't to get to a higher level.


    2. Our Window of Opportunity is closing.

    You know why I hate that "wait til' next year" approach? Because too many mitigating factors are involved when waiting that long. You can have the greatest projected team going forward, top draft choices, cap room out the ass; and still something such as key injuries can happen. A missed call, anything; ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!

    When you get there, don't act like you'll always be there, take advantage of the opportunity now! Our core of Stat and Melo have limited time and even less considering the multitude of issues that can arise including a strike(lock out)-shortened season.


    3. The Mistakes!

    From shaky player relations to rotation gaffes, to in-game decisions, everything is based on approach. Ask yourself; how many decisions a head coach has to make throughout a season? Obviously Mike D'Antoni has enough experience to not have every decision questioned. You have things like practice times and off-season/off-day scheduling, to in-game decisions like playing time and play calling, so many decisions to be made, not all exclusively by the head coach.

    Now I ask you, can you recall a championship caliber basketball (or any) coach where SO MANY decisions WERE QUESTIONED? We knowledgeable fans have cliches such as "coaching 101", "thats fundamentals", "the basics" etc... and granted EVERY coach can be scrutinized at some point for his/her decisions but...

    when have you ever questioned so many decisions by a coach? The answer regardless of actual number is ONLY WHEN THEY TOOK A DIFFERENT APPROACH THAN WHAT CONVENTIONAL WISDOM SUGGESTS. From DNP-CD's, to going for it on fourth down (in football), to leaving a pitcher in (in baseball)- a coach will ALWAYS be open for criticism. Their moves and decisions, and their motives will not always be agreed upon.


    But the REASON behind and the AMOUNT of questions has to be indicative of something, and at the least it indicates "I DONT AGREE WITH THE DECISION".

    A great consolation to having Mike D'Antoni for the last three seasons is we have seen him up close, and in playoff situations. An excuse, an answer, a rebuttal can be formed for every disagreeable decision. An argument can be made that IF a team can perform a D'Antoni offense AND lock down on defense, they can look unstoppable. Another argument can be made that thats the case with almost ANY offense, the constant being lock down defense. How about this...

    The lack of quality clock management, the lack of consistent effort, the over-use injuries, practice schedule, the DNP's, the rotation, the play-calling, on and on and on...

    THE MOST POIGNANT AND COMPELLING REASONS TO MOVE FORWARD IS TO REMOVE AND REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF DISAGREEABLE/ARGUABLE DECISIONS. TO GET A COACH WHO DOES NOT CREATE CONTROVERSY WITH QUESTIONABLE DECISIONS, SO WE ARE ON THE SAME PAGE.

    I know this is really what I and a select few want, and keep repeating. I can assume some other decisions are questionable to you too. But how many of the questions will we manufacture before we come to a conclusion that the sheer amount of questionable decisions is a RED FLAG?

    Ad nauseum we have discussed and argued, who's fault was it, why did coach DNP Randolph, or not play him, or do this, or didn't do that...

    AREN'T YOU SICK OF THIS? Wouldn't you prefer a coach where those controversial decisions are minimum? Where you're on the same page?

    Well lets get on the same page and take advantage of this opportunity that Donnie Walsh has provided. We are doomed to repeat this if we don't change, and I know we can all agree these results are not satisfying going forward.

    The fight was there although arguably due to the ego's of players and inconsistent at best. The grit was there at times also, some moves were spot on. Yeah we beat some good teams throughout the season. But as I like to say; sometimes it's not about win or lose as much as it's about how you win or lose.

    If you are one of these fans...

    We made the playoffs! We did good! Why change? We are right there... give D'Antoni another full year with this roster.


    To REDUCE the controversial decisions; to make it to a higher level; to maximize our assets; to feel confident; to reduce risk; not go through this again.

    I do not pretend to know exactly who the better coach is. I do not blame Mike D'Antoni for every wrong thing with this squad. I have absolutely no confidence that he can bring us where I would like to be and that has nothing to do with over-expectations.

    Really I analyzed the roster, I see positions of need, attitudinal adjustments that are MOST affected by the approach. Instead of hoping that D'Antoni can continually alter his approach, I'd say it's time to cut our loses and move on. I feel the organization is loyal and sometimes lackadaisical, and he will finish out his contract, but if we get that chance to bring in someone who will have us playing hard-nosed defense first, designs an offense that utilizes our talents and changes the culture from trying to win to winners, then we need to strike.

    If you are saying we won't know who that coach is until we see him under fire in the playoffs... I say we know who that coach isn't. And also THIS is where detractors we're coming from when we had issues with certain decisions; this is the vision WE DIDN'T WANT TO SEE! Do you understand SUPPORTER? It's not about not good enough, it's a matter of having a vision, using logic, inference, insight, instincts, and forward thinking.

    YOU would LOVE a coach who we couldn't question his methods, approach, and decision making, especially during this opportune time...

    Right?!?
    Last edited by Red; Apr 23, 2011 at 20:36.

  2. #2
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red

    YOU would LOVE a coach who we couldn't question his methods, approach, and decision making, especially during this opportune time...

    Right?!? [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Yes. But this is NY. Every coach is under the microscope. I guarantee whoever we will hire a large contingent on this board will have an issue with him.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    With an upgrade or two this team can be coach by just about anyone. The thing about D'Ant is his subborness, he struggles to adjust. His inability to play to his players strengh is his greatest weakness...at first I thought it was his defense.

  4. #4
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    With an upgrade or two this team can be coach by just about anyone. The thing about D'Ant is subborness to adjust. His inability to play to his players strengh is his greatest weakness...at first I thought it was his defense.
    Weren't you and others, just a month ago, talking about how DAntoni had adjusted to his players needs and strengths?

    I mean, we did hold a very experienced Boston team to under 100 in two playoff games on their floor - that doesn't happen by accident.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Weren't you and others, just a month ago, talking about how DAntoni had adjusted to his players needs and strengths?

    I mean, we did hold a very experienced Boston team to under 100 in two playoff games on their floor - that doesn't happen by accident.
    I saw coach adjust in maybe 2 games then he snuk back into his flawed ways. Besides, All of the winning has come from the heart of the team something Billups/Melo and Stat did, not the coach. His coaching errors are still there in plan sight.

  6. #6
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    With an upgrade or two this team can be coach by just about anyone. The thing about D'Ant is his subborness, he struggles to adjust. His inability to play to his players strengh is his greatest weakness...at first I thought it was his defense.
    It's not about being coached. Many decisions have to be made going forward such as back-ups and other player acquisition, why continue to do so with players in his mold?

    We've seen him adjust, and still questions exist. All the facets of a contender, from players to plays, from their attitudes to game-plan, are you confident we can compete under D'Antoni? In the playoffs?

    ...I feel an injury answer coming

  7. #7
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Weren't you and others, just a month ago, talking about how DAntoni had adjusted to his players needs and strengths?

    I mean, we did hold a very experienced Boston team to under 100 in two playoff games on their floor - that doesn't happen by accident.

    Originally Posted by Red
    It's not about being coached. Many decisions have to be made going forward such as back-ups and other player acquisition, why continue to do so with players in his mold?

    We've seen him adjust, and still questions exist. All the facets of a contender, from players to plays, from their attitudes to game-plan, are you confident we can compete under D'Antoni? In the playoffs?

    ...I feel an injury answer coming
    and its not about adjustments or defense strictly. In fact we've seen potential. But overall there are too many risks and question marks going forward. Are you wiling to chance it?

  8. #8
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    It's not about being coached. Many decisions have to be made going forward such as back-ups and other player acquisition, why continue to do so with players in his mold?

    We've seen him adjust, and still questions exist. All the facets of a contender, from players to plays, from their attitudes to game-plan, are you confident we can compete under D'Antoni? In the playoffs?

    ...I feel an injury answer coming
    I mean - I'm confident we can COMPETE. We should have had games 1 and 2 in Boston - against a much better, much more talented team that we have. At the very least we COMPETED in those games...no?

    The question should be, can we win? With this coach AND this lineup? No.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    are you confident we can compete under D'Antoni? In the playoffs

    With no defense in his game plan I doubt it. Plus,(IMO) I think the playoffs reqiure more patience and thought out tactics. He's still doing that same old run and gun crap, and Boston showed them how to do it last night. Ray for 8 trey's, Pierce for 5...ridiculous.

  10. #10
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Weren't you and others, just a month ago, talking about how DAntoni had adjusted to his players needs and strengths?

    I mean, we did hold a very experienced Boston team to under 100 in two playoff games on their floor - that doesn't happen by accident.
    They weren't exactly clicking were they? And what's happened is over, this about moving forward. I could see how keeping Mike can be argued for, a call here, a play there, etc... I get it. I also get the risks involved in doing so after measuring all the factors
    - which includes the unknown in a new head coach.

    to me if Mike fails again it will further perpetuate the reputation of our franchise as losers. We can't afford that.

  11. #11
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I mean - I'm confident we can COMPETE. We should have had games 1 and 2 in Boston - against a much better, much more talented team that we have. At the very least we COMPETED in those games...no?

    The question should be, can we win? With this coach AND this lineup? No.
    so you gonna hit me with the

    An argument can be made that IF a team can perform a D'Antoni offense AND lock down on defense, they can look unstoppable. Another argument can be made that thats the case with almost ANY offense, the constant being lock down defense. How about this...

    The lack of quality clock management, the lack of consistent effort, the over-use injuries, practice schedule, the DNP's, the rotation, the play-calling, on and on and on...
    and if we get a center its on right?

    Sort of, but the odds of acquiring such a player are increased if a coach can be acquired first, who values and looks for different attributes than Mike has demonstrated.

  12. #12
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    so you gonna hit me with the



    and if we get a center its on right?

    Sort of, but the odds of acquiring such a player are increased if a coach can be acquired first, who values and looks for different attributes than Mike has demonstrated.
    I mean - I think we do need a Center in order for any coach to win a title here.

  13. #13
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Red, props to you for bringing the truth in many different angles so any Mike D supporter can see how bad he has managed this team.

    THE SAME PROBLEMS ALWAYS OCCUR

    I was blue in the face last night just yelling at the fact that the Knicks were STAGNATE on offense all game except when the bench of Anthony Carter and Shawne Williams played.

    "WE didn't have the necessary energy" -Mike D'Antoni's most famous quote.

    Ever since Mike D has been here, every bad loss, and last night was probably the worst loss in a LONG time, every bad loss has one simple excuse from the coach..."energy"

    Oh my goodness how long have i been telling you guys on this forum that the excuse of energy is something that should never be spoken. NEVER.

    Do you realize what George Steinbrenner would have done if his team lost a really bad game and his coach said, "we didn't have the necessary energy" George Steinbrenner would have fired that coach a day later because that is INEXCUSABLE.

    I can't stand this coach and his over rated system.

    Mike D is an offensive genius (I LAUGH OUT LOUD EVERYTIME I HERE THAT RETARDED QUOTE) and for some reason Mike D has this "good" reputation about him that makes his lack of defensive schemes seem not so bad.

    Apparently people STILL think that offense can over power a defense.

    DOC RIVERS has out coached Mike D all year from start to finish.

    Especially in late game situations. How many times have we seen a last minute play completely botched? The answer should be many if you have most Knick games like me.

    Red was spot on.

    How many times can we question Mike D's decisions? How many times before people realize that this guy is Larry Brown part 2. Good repuation, with a plan that fails.

    The fact that this team blew two games in Boston then laid an egg on the most historic night in MSG in ten years should make Mike D's job security at 0%.

    How long can New York Knick fans tolerate this shyt?

    I'm going nuts over here.

    This has happened all season, since Mike D has came here. All talk, no walk and embarassment still hovers over this team like some damn curse.

    We need old school hard nosed coaches, not soft laid back coaches like Mike D.

    Don't be fooled by his arguements and fueds with refs, it is ALL for show. Watch last game. After the Knicks were getting blown out in the most horrible fashion, Mike D starts yelling at the refs and his players......NO ONE LISTENED, no on cares about this guy.

    Melo is here because he feels like HE is the man and he feels that Mike D is some pushover. So Melo tolerates it because he gets 30 shots a night, no complaining there. But everyone knows whats happening.

    The knicks are a choke artists franchise and nothing will change that until we have a good coach were we don't question most of the moves he makes.

    We have two of the best scorers in the NBA and it seems like we have averaged 50 ppg in this series.


    Were is the dynamic offense?

    Where is Mike D'Antoni's genius offensive mind which SHOULD have had Doc Rivers scrambling for new defensive schemes?

    Its not there and never will be. Doc Rivers said in the post game that his team didn't change anything on defense, you know why?

    Because Doc Rivers has Mike D figured out.


    Better coach, better system, the focus on Boston is strictly on defense, more experienced players that can keep their composure....= no chance for the Knicks.


    The series is over and I have suffered greatly as a Knick and Ranger fan watching both teams NOT LOSE BUT BLOW GAMES.


    The Knicks never lost game 1 and 2, they blew it.

    Clear difference and the blame goes to the players and the coach for being the leader of a team.

    It's like a great army with two fantastic Generals but Mike D is the commander in chief and no body can over rule him so whatever retarded thing he says, the generals and troops do what he says because if they speak up, they get benched or fired.

    This might sound harsh but it is true....Mike D is a fool with too much power, a stubborn fool who thinks that his system works even though he has never made it to the finals and never will in the NBA.

    This is not the Italian leagues. Mike D is no hero here, different country, different way of succeeding and we are seeing it more and more every game.


    TOO many patterns from this coach. Too man.y

    The horrible late game decisions, the questionable substituion patterns, the lack of hustle/energy, the constant excuse of lack of energy to justify every loss, the frequent long periods in each game where the Knicks cant buy a bucket, the lack of balls by Mike D to bench players that are clearly hurting his team (Gallo last year, Fields after the trade this year, Q Rich starting at SF when he was here, Chris Duhon starting at PG, Jeffries huge amount of playing time when he barely played in Houston), the lack of rebounding every game, the lack of fundamentals to simply box out guys on the boards, the lack of realization that constantly switching on picks creates mis matches that always hurts the Knicks unless you have very versatile players that are good defensively....and the list goes on.

    I can go on all day and night and nothing will happen.

    Because this fool has too much power and the excuses have always followed him.

    First it was the players that he did not have, then it was the one year contacts, now it is the excuse that the players can't buy his system.

    Maybe its hard to buy into this coach's system because players realize it is retarded but tolerate it because he is the coach and NY is a media frenzy so to prevent a frenzy they submit themselves to this mental retardation that an offense can always beat a defense. The 7 second offensive genius schemes IS A JOKE

    It is a joke, Mike D is a joke, his system is a joke and it is illogical basketball.

    I am 20 years old and I watch basketball constantly and when I heard Doc Rivers speaking I was saying to myself, "I wish we had this guy as our coach, he yells at his team when they are losing" Mike D would never ever do that, never because he is a "players" coach, maybe he is just a soft coach and Doc Rivers is a tough one.

    You can see the Indiana Pacers blowing leads to the Bulls in the playoffs like the Knicks have been doing with Boston.

    Look at the comparisons. Frank Vogel can never draw up good last minute plays, his team blows leads in embarissing fashion while Tom Thibodeo always makes good decisions and his team always make the right plays.

    Tell me how the Bulls are the best defensive team with Boozer at PF who cant play a lick of defense and Noah hurt for part of the season? He is a good coach with a good strategy and a great system that focuses on defense.

    Mike D is the exact opposite. Mike D is a loser. He has always choked in the playoffs and will always choke because his strategy doesn't work. It never will untill i see it with my own two eyes.

    Now I question if Mike D comesback if the Knicks get blown out again in game 4.

    I would even fire Donnie Walsh, who I love, because Walsh made a devastating decision in making this guy our coach. Mike D failed to get Lebron here and failed to have us compete the first two years. Even with Amare having his best season and Melo and Billups coming in half way through the season, we barely finish over .500

    If anyone objects, i dare you to ask yourself if what you say sounds like a clear excuse.

    Everything that makes Mike D not seem so bad is an excuse.

    The Knicks should have been up 2-0 going into MSG and should have won game 3, this is the most embarrassing series I have ever seen 2nd to the Yankees blowing a 3-0 lead to the Red Sox back in 2004.

    That is saying something.

  14. #14
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Red, props to you for bringing the truth in many different angles so any Mike D supporter can see how bad he has managed this team.

    THE SAME PROBLEMS ALWAYS OCCUR

    I was blue in the face last night just yelling at the fact that the Knicks were STAGNATE on offense all game except when the bench of Anthony Carter and Shawne Williams played.

    "WE didn't have the necessary energy" -Mike D'Antoni's most famous quote.

    Ever since Mike D has been here, every bad loss, and last night was probably the worst loss in a LONG time, every bad loss has one simple excuse from the coach..."energy"

    Oh my goodness how long have i been telling you guys on this forum that the excuse of energy is something that should never be spoken. NEVER.

    Do you realize what George Steinbrenner would have done if his team lost a really bad game and his coach said, "we didn't have the necessary energy" George Steinbrenner would have fired that coach a day later because that is INEXCUSABLE.

    I can't stand this coach and his over rated system.

    Mike D is an offensive genius (I LAUGH OUT LOUD EVERYTIME I HERE THAT RETARDED QUOTE) and for some reason Mike D has this "good" reputation about him that makes his lack of defensive schemes seem not so bad.

    Apparently people STILL think that offense can over power a defense.

    DOC RIVERS has out coached Mike D all year from start to finish.

    Especially in late game situations. How many times have we seen a last minute play completely botched? The answer should be many if you have most Knick games like me.

    Red was spot on.

    How many times can we question Mike D's decisions?
    3.7 Million.

    How many times before people realize that this guy is Larry Brown part 2. Good repuation, with a plan that fails.

    The fact that this team blew two games in Boston then laid an egg on the most historic night in MSG in ten years should make Mike D's job security at 0%.

    How long can New York Knick fans tolerate this shyt?

    I'm going nuts over here.

    This has happened all season, since Mike D has came here. All talk, no walk and embarassment still hovers over this team like some damn curse.

    We need old school hard nosed coaches, not soft laid back coaches like Mike D.

    Don't be fooled by his arguements and fueds with refs, it is ALL for show. Watch last game. After the Knicks were getting blown out in the most horrible fashion, Mike D starts yelling at the refs and his players......NO ONE LISTENED, no on cares about this guy.

    Melo is here because he feels like HE is the man and he feels that Mike D is some pushover. So Melo tolerates it because he gets 30 shots a night, no complaining there. But everyone knows whats happening.

    The knicks are a choke artists franchise and nothing will change that until we have a good coach were we don't question most of the moves he makes.

    We have two of the best scorers in the NBA and it seems like we have averaged 50 ppg in this series.


    Were is the dynamic offense?

    Where is Mike D'Antoni's genius offensive mind which SHOULD have had Doc Rivers scrambling for new defensive schemes?

    Its not there and never will be. Doc Rivers said in the post game that his team didn't change anything on defense, you know why?

    Because Doc Rivers has Mike D figured out.


    Better coach, better system, the focus on Boston is strictly on defense, more experienced players that can keep their composure....= no chance for the Knicks.


    The series is over and I have suffered greatly as a Knick and Ranger fan watching both teams NOT LOSE BUT BLOW GAMES.



    The Knicks never lost game 1 and 2, they blew it.
    LMAO!

    Clear difference and the blame goes to the players and the coach for being the leader of a team.

    It's like a great army with two fantastic Generals but Mike D is the commander in chief and no body can over rule him so whatever retarded thing he says, the generals and troops do what he says because if they speak up, they get benched or fired.

    This might sound harsh but it is true....Mike D is a fool with too much power, a stubborn fool who thinks that his system works even though he has never made it to the finals and never will in the NBA.

    This is not the Italian leagues. Mike D is no hero here, different country, different way of succeeding and we are seeing it more and more every game.


    TOO many patterns from this coach. Too man.y

    The horrible late game decisions, the questionable substituion patterns, the lack of hustle/energy, the constant excuse of lack of energy to justify every loss, the frequent long periods in each game where the Knicks cant buy a bucket, the lack of balls by Mike D to bench players that are clearly hurting his team (Gallo last year, Fields after the trade this year, Q Rich starting at SF when he was here, Chris Duhon starting at PG, Jeffries huge amount of playing time when he barely played in Houston), the lack of rebounding every game, the lack of fundamentals to simply box out guys on the boards, the lack of realization that constantly switching on picks creates mis matches that always hurts the Knicks unless you have very versatile players that are good defensively....and the list goes on.

    I can go on all day and night and nothing will happen.

    Because this fool has too much power and the excuses have always followed him.

    First it was the players that he did not have, then it was the one year contacts, now it is the excuse that the players can't buy his system.

    Maybe its hard to buy into this coach's system because players realize it is retarded but tolerate it because he is the coach and NY is a media frenzy so to prevent a frenzy they submit themselves to this mental retardation that an offense can always beat a defense. The 7 second offensive genius schemes IS A JOKE

    It is a joke, Mike D is a joke, his system is a joke and it is illogical basketball.

    I am 20 years old and I watch basketball constantly and when I heard Doc Rivers speaking I was saying to myself, "I wish we had this guy as our coach, he yells at his team when they are losing" Mike D would never ever do that, never because he is a "players" coach, maybe he is just a soft coach and Doc Rivers is a tough one.

    You can see the Indiana Pacers blowing leads to the Bulls in the playoffs like the Knicks have been doing with Boston.

    Look at the comparisons. Frank Vogel can never draw up good last minute plays, his team blows leads in embarissing fashion while Tom Thibodeo always makes good decisions and his team always make the right plays.

    Tell me how the Bulls are the best defensive team with Boozer at PF who cant play a lick of defense and Noah hurt for part of the season? He is a good coach with a good strategy and a great system that focuses on defense.

    Mike D is the exact opposite. Mike D is a loser. He has always choked in the playoffs and will always choke because his strategy doesn't work. It never will untill i see it with my own two eyes.

    Now I question if Mike D comesback if the Knicks get blown out again in game 4.

    I would even fire Donnie Walsh, who I love, because Walsh made a devastating decision in making this guy our coach. Mike D failed to get Lebron here and failed to have us compete the first two years. Even with Amare having his best season and Melo and Billups coming in half way through the season, we barely finish over .500

    If anyone objects, i dare you to ask yourself if what you say sounds like a clear excuse.

    Everything that makes Mike D not seem so bad is an excuse.

    The Knicks should have been up 2-0 going into MSG and should have won game 3, this is the most embarrassing series I have ever seen 2nd to the Yankees blowing a 3-0 lead to the Red Sox back in 2004.

    That is saying something.
    When the team wins... it's the players that take credit.

    When they lose... it's the coach.

    Just proper leader, subordinate etiquette.


  15. #15
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    3.7 Million.








    LMAO!



    When the team wins... it's the players that take credit.

    When they lose... it's the coach.

    Just proper leader, subordinate etiquette.

    When Mike D left, who ran the team in Phoenix? Steve Nash. When Mike D was there who ran the team in Phoenix? Steve Nash.

    Mike D is the type of coach that needs great players to speak for him. He can't command enough respect to the point were players will do whatever he asks and HUSTLE to accomplish it. Maybe guys don't hustle on this team, ever, because Mike D has no ability to motivate his players.

    This is like a bad boss that can't get his employees on the same page as him. Eventually the employees will start working half-ass and thats the story of Mike D as the Knicks coach.

    "Energy"

Similar Threads

  1. RED's RANT! 3/28/11(Coach Logic)
    By Red in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Mar 28, 2011, 15:18
  2. Replies: 63
    Last Post: Mar 20, 2011, 14:01
  3. ESPN rates Dantoni's first 2 seasons as coach
    By nyk_nyk in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: Apr 16, 2010, 14:45
  4. Official 2008 MLB Off Season Thread
    By jpz17 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: Feb 04, 2009, 22:19
  5. Assistant Ford promoted to replace Ayers
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NBA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2004, 14:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •