Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Official 2011 Offseason Thread

Mikael Pietrus would be another great acquisition. We need someone off the bench that can play defense, Roger Mason did an admirable job for his limited minutes this year but he's not the answer longterm.

Originally Posted by STAT1
    Mikael Pietrus would be another great acquisition. We need someone off the bench that can play defense, Roger Mason did an admirable job for his limited minutes this year but he's not the answer longterm.
    True that true that

No love for coach K?

If we're talking replacements, wanting someone who can call plays and someone who will command respect with media and players then I'd say he's got to be considered.

It was a very long season, a lot of things happened, we made the playoffs as a winning team and just played our final game. Don't you guys feel we all need to take a break?

Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    No love for coach K?

If we're talking replacements, wanting someone who can call plays and someone who will command respect with media and players then I'd say he's got to be considered.
    What? Is coach K leaving Duke??

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    It was a very long season, a lot of things happened, we made the playoffs as a winning team and just played our final game. Don't you guys feel we all need to take a break?
    This is gonna last all summer bruh lol

A lot will depend on what we end up doing with Chauncey's option year. If we buy him out & re-sign him to a lesser deal then it might free up some cap room to sign a decent FA this summer. Otherwise if we just straight buy him out & dump his salary then we'll have enough cap room to sign an impact guy at the C position but will likely tie up any potential flexibility to target CP3 in 2012. Donnie's got some tough decisions to make this summer, if he's still around that is.

Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    No love for coach K?

2 reasons:

1. Coach k leaving Duke seems really far fetched
    2. College coaches don't have a good track record when making the transition to the NBA

Glen Davis or DeAndre Jordan would make me happy. (I'd assume we can forgive Davis's words if he comes here)

An Absolute steal for me at Center would be Greg Oden. While he is injury prone he has unharnessed talent on the defensive end that we need.

As for Point Guards I would want Rodney Stuckey. He learned under Billups and if we kept Billups and he continued to teach the young kid he could turn out to be a solid point guard.

Originally Posted by smokes
    What? Is coach K leaving Duke??
    I've seen much stranger things happen my friend. We're talking hypothetically anyway here so why not throw his hat in the ring ?

Draft a PG. Sign Marc Gasol. Beg Van Gundy to return. Find a cheap vet SG who can guard and knock down a 3... like Stevenson.

Draft Faried, Trade Billups+Turiaf+Fields+Rautins for CP3, Fire MDA and sign JVG, bring back Jerome Jordan, sign vets like Nazr Mohammed, Grant Hill, Pietrus.

Default My take on what the Knicks should do.

Okay guys lets be optmistic, we had a winning record for the first time in 10 years and we made the playoffs for the first time in 7. It was a productive year. Here is what we need to do in the offseason to become a legit contender

Offseason Needs: Defensive minded tough coach, Big men, good shooter, athletic fast point guard.

Front office/coaching: Resign Donnie Walsh if he wants to come back. He was the man with the plan and turned this franchise around he deserves to finish this which i think he will be back. Second: Unofortunately we have to fire Mike Dantoni, lets give him credit though he had 3 different rosters 3 different years and tried his best to try to put the pieces together. Hes showed class he deserves the Knick fans respect. However the knicks have been a bad defensive team and have failed a lot in late game situations, also after timeouts the knicks were never really efficent. He is not the coach for this team, We should hire Jeff Van Gundy,
    Player wise: Under Contract Next Season: Amare, Melo, Toney Douglas, Landry Fields, Andy Rautinas, Ronnie Turiaf, Renaldo Balkman.
    We should resign: Sean Williams (toughness with a 3 pointshot). Bill Walker, Anthony Carter.
    Good Bye: Jared Jeffries ( I dont care if he makes intagible plays i never wanna see him in a Knick uniform aagain). Shelden Williams, Roger Mason, Andy Rautians (although he deserves a training camp look), Derrick Brown, Renaldo Balkman( just cut him). And the tough one Chauncey Billups ( Lets be real he looks old and slow, had only 2-3 good games with the knicks, missed to many 3s and he gets hurt way to much. If we cut him we save money on his contract to sign a big man and another pg and other pieces)

OK..This leaves us with 7 openings for next season. Thats a lot lets start with who should we draft.
    Draft possible picks: Kemba Walker, Shelvin Mack, Trey Thompkins, Tyler HoneyCutt, Chris Singleton, Jordan Williams.
    Free Agent Targets: Deandre Jordan, Marc Gasol, Reggie Evans, Joe Przybilla, Peja Stojakovich, Acie Law, Chuck Hayes, Shane Battier, Sebastin Telfair, Jason Richardson, Jason Kapono, Grant Hill, Samuel Dalembert, Earl Watson, Anthony Parker

We have 7 Slots this would be the dream scenario with the possible cap room:
    Kemba Walker
    Deandre Jordan
    Reggie Evans
    Joel Pryzbilla
    Anthony Parker
    Grant Hill
    Sebastin Telfair/Earl Waton for the final spot.

We will have like 16-20 million in cap space next season guys this team is only going to get better plus our first round pick, many of you may want to wait for chris paul but if we do that we will have no dept what so ever as much as thatd be cool we need pieces not another important piece, I pray the knicks agree with me and look to add pieces this offseason instead of holding pat and waiting for Paul.

The Lineup and roation next year:
    Coach: Jeff Van Gundy
    Lineup: Kemba Walker-Landry Fields- Carmelo Anthony- Amare Stoudemire- Deandre Jordan
    Bench: Earl Watson-Anthony Parker-Reggie Evans-Grant Hill-Sean Williams-Joel Pryzbilla-Anthony Carter
    Last edited by IcEWaTEr123; Apr 24, 2011 at 18:43.

You guys do realize CP3 will be a Knick. It may take a year but he's coming. You may as well base your wants on him being here because its gonna happen.

Anyone else notice STAT didnt really give MOA an endorement while speaking at his press conf? I also found it interesting that Melo said Him, STAT and Billups would sit down with Walsh and Dolan...

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    You guys do realize CP3 will be a Knick. It may take a year but he's coming. You may as well base your wants on him being here because its gonna happen.

Anyone else notice STAT didnt really give MOA an endorement while speaking at his press conf? I also found it interesting that Melo said Him, STAT and Billups would sit down with Walsh and Dolan...
    Damn did STAT really say that? Anyone have a link to the postgame comments?