Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48

Thread: The Official 2011 Offseason Thread

  1. #31
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    Damn did STAT really say that? Anyone have a link to the postgame comments?
    No. Melo said that Melo, STAT and Billups would sit down with Walsh and Dolan and discuss personel...

  2. #32
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Oops, my bad misread your post.

  3. #33
    Superstar welcometonycity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Marc Gasol, Deandre Jordan, Martin Gortat, or Jerome Jordan

    Mikeal Pietrus, Jason Richardson, Jamal Crawford, or Grant Hill.

    Draft a true point guard.

    Fire D'ant pick up Adelman, Sloan, or VanGundy.

    We good money.

  4. #34
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    First thing we obviously have to do is find a way to get defense. The easiest way is for a coaching change.....

    The second thing we need to do is build a line up of C's. Bring back J Jordan, draft another one or make a real run at a FA especially De'andre Jordan just because he would be a steal under the Arenas Rule for the MLE. If not him get somebody, maybe one of the Bigs from the Bobcats....

    We also need to decide is Billups is the team future for 2-3 years, a stop gap to CP3, or a trade piece this year. I feel that decision will in more way decide the path of the Knicks than anything else they can do post-Melo trade.

    ok with that said....

    Whats the chances of trading for Rudy Fernandez for starting SG. Dude is Ginobli-esqu offensively and is deep on the trailblazers depth chart especially with the reemergence of Roy? His contract is still small so if it doesn't work out he is an expiring?

    also the Knicks should make a run for Grant Hill for parameter defense (even though Corey Brewer was here already)

  5. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,666
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames
    First thing we obviously have to do is find a way to get defense. The easiest way is for a coaching change.....

    The second thing we need to do is build a line up of C's. Bring back J Jordan, draft another one or make a real run at a FA especially De'andre Jordan just because he would be a steal under the Arenas Rule for the MLE. If not him get somebody, maybe one of the Bigs from the Bobcats....

    We also need to decide is Billups is the team future for 2-3 years, a stop gap to CP3, or a trade piece this year. I feel that decision will in more way decide the path of the Knicks than anything else they can do post-Melo trade.

    ok with that said....

    Whats the chances of trading for Rudy Fernandez for starting SG. Dude is Ginobli-esqu offensively and is deep on the trailblazers depth chart especially with the reemergence of Roy? His contract is still small so if it doesn't work out he is an expiring?

    also the Knicks should make a run for Grant Hill for parameter defense (even though Corey Brewer was here already)
    Corey Brewer is so good why was he not used to stop Brandon Roy ?
    U guys pretend players are better then they are.....He does not play in Dallas but in NY we lost out on a star....I just dont get the logic.

  6. #36
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Corey Brewer is so good why was he not used to stop Brandon Roy ?
    U guys pretend players are better then they are.....He does not play in Dallas but in NY we lost out on a star....I just dont get the logic.
    I didn't say he was a star I said we needed parameter D. I don't care about the mavs that team is built for depth the Knicks needed parameter d and could of used what he brings to the game. Please don't misquote me and then accuse me of hyping players.....

  7. #37
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    If we dont fire MOA it wont matter what players we get...
    +1

    If we don't fire Antoni we will still NEVER get true bigs and we'll will be a .500 team that relies on the jump shots falling to get wins... Oh yea and we'll consistently get demolished in the playoffs. Until we get a coach with an inside out philosophy with a post up game and defense we're phucked.

  8. #38
    Member SoCal KnicksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    My million dollar question is if Donnie is extended does that pretty much seal MDA staying on? It is truly sad that as much as I respect and admire DW that I have to be afraid that resigning him means we are stuck with MDA.

    I think the real reason that it baffles me is they seem to have such different philosophies. DW realizes we need a few big men and has a huge decision to make at pg for the future, and will make every effort to make it happen.

    The problem is what big man really wants to play for us under MDA?? I mean seriously??? The bottom line is even if DW does pull it off and get the Knicks a big man free agency, draft or both, will MDA actually use them to our advantage or will we again be wasting there talent and shoot up 3's like they are going out of style and just be happy with jump shots and be a borderline playoff team???

    Again I just don't get the attraction DW has for MDA. I am ready to get bashed but to be perfectly honest if not resigning DW means MDA IS gone I'm not so sure it would hurt my feelings!!!

  9. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I'd like to think that Donnie is extremely frustrated with Mike D if anything. Donnie brought us some good players (Derrick Brown, Anthony Randolph) who never got any burn in Mike D'Antoni's system. I bet Donnie is also pissed as hell for Mike D never playing Jordan Hill. Donnie did the best he could to get us the best players he could in such a short amount of time, and in a period of a year we've gone from having no hope to having two of the game's best superstars.

    Donnie probably picked up AR thinking that AR was going to be the eventual third option on a championship-caliber team and/or really good trade bait so we didn't have to give up Danilo but at the end of the day, Mike D doesn't play bigs who are focused on defense...Ben Wallace would never have gotten any burn if he were on Mike D's team but we all know he's an excellent player.

    If anything I think Donnie is fed up with D'Antoni playing only the players who fit his system and Donnie, if he's smart (which he is, considering he's probably basketball's best GM), is going to fire Mike D and find us a coach who coaches defense and a half-court offense that can make the best of the talent of the players we have. Carmelo's strength is in his post game, with Mike D it was virtually nonexistent.

  10. #40
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yes, absolutely we need coaching change, let just look for some defensive coaches.. And a reliable Point Guard, ahh i really love if CP3 is coming here..

  11. #41
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    653
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    CP3 would be great, but I love Chauncey's leadership. He has his player's ears. STAT and Melo listen to him. He has to stay in this organization somehow, whether as a player, back up to CP3, or asst coach. Hell I wouldnt mind head coach.

    Did anyone catch Billups in a suit stand all the way at the coaching box telling Melo what to watch for. Looked Doc Riversesque.

  12. #42
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames
    First thing we obviously have to do is find a way to get defense. The easiest way is for a coaching change.....

    The second thing we need to do is build a line up of C's. Bring back J Jordan, draft another one or make a real run at a FA especially De'andre Jordan just because he would be a steal under the Arenas Rule for the MLE. If not him get somebody, maybe one of the Bigs from the Bobcats....

    We also need to decide is Billups is the team future for 2-3 years, a stop gap to CP3, or a trade piece this year. I feel that decision will in more way decide the path of the Knicks than anything else they can do post-Melo trade.

    ok with that said....

    Whats the chances of trading for Rudy Fernandez for starting SG. Dude is Ginobli-esqu offensively and is deep on the trailblazers depth chart especially with the reemergence of Roy? His contract is still small so if it doesn't work out he is an expiring?

    also the Knicks should make a run for Grant Hill for parameter defense (even though Corey Brewer was here already)
    Cosign most of this bar a few things...

    Whether we count CP3 as a given or not I think just keep Billups. Maybe he will stay in New York for super cheap after his contract expires? Imagine Billups in the Anthony Carter role!!! If we can afford DeAndre + Billups full contract do it, if we have a realistic shot at DeAndre but we have to buyout Billups, do it.

    Hire Rick Adelman or JVG whichever is available (prefer JVG).

    Grant Hill is not only defense dude he still does every fundamental right and can still run the floor for up to 25 minutes per game. Dude is a monster for his age. He can also play backup 2 guard and is a great passer/rebounder (for a role player SF).

    I was impressed by Barea all season now I just saw his playoff averages! Eek ok no way don't want that guy fell apart worse than TD. There are really few PG options this offseason I would be interested in apart from maybe Brooks but I'm sure his contract will be too much for us. Hence why I think keeping Billups is a good idea.

    We all just gotta keep our fingers crossed that there is not a horrible lockout situation, the cap stays in our favour and we don't trade for CP3 at the deadline because: I know you guys are all pissed off at TD and Fields for sucking but we do not wanna trade away all our promising role players... AGAIN!

  13. #43
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,538
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    My predictions, Mike NoD'Antoni will be staying for the 1 year remaining on his contract despite the playoff sweep. Billups injury and Stat's bad back will be the convenient out for D'Ants for the sweep. The team could just not put together a solid rotation with those injuries, it became a fire drill at PG after Billups went down ultimately resorting to AC as the go to PG in the last game.

    I think Billups is a goner, classic case of what happens when a player gets older, the body breaks down and then come the injuries. Mark Jackson the entire playoffs kept saying as far as Billups that a tough decision had to be made, it's not that tough, he's old, he's got one year left but we can buy him out for 30 cents on the $.

  14. #44
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    My predictions, Mike NoD'Antoni will be staying for the 1 year remaining on his contract despite the playoff sweep. Billups injury and Stat's bad back will be the convenient out for D'Ants for the sweep. The team could just not put together a solid rotation with those injuries, it became a fire drill at PG after Billups went down ultimately resorting to AC as the go to PG in the last game.

    I think Billups is a goner, classic case of what happens when a player gets older, the body breaks down and then come the injuries. Mark Jackson the entire playoffs kept saying as far as Billups that a tough decision had to be made, it's not that tough, he's old, he's got one year left but we can buy him out for 30 cents on the $.
    Business wise it makes sense but who do you replace him with? There are no better PG's available, so the injury risk is not so black and white.

  15. #45
    Member SoCal KnicksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Maybe after today's game we won't have to worry about MDA anymore and this will be our first step in the the right direction for 2011-2012.

Similar Threads

  1. Official 2010 Yankees offseason thread
    By StreetDreams21 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct 30, 2010, 00:30
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 12, 2010, 11:50
  3. The Official...Official Thread
    By TR1LL10N in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2010, 12:51
  4. Offseason Thread
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Mar 10, 2006, 06:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •