Wish Lists, State your own Argue Mine

KBlack25

Starter
Wishlist
1. Fire Antoni and replace him with a defensive minded coach.
Patrick Ewing, Mike Brown, Rick Adelman, Scott Skiles, etc. would be good candidates.
2. Move Amar'e Stoudemire to power forward and get a center who hustles for rebounds and can block shots. Samuel Dalembert, Troy Murphy(if healthy), or DeAndre Jordan.
3. Use a 9 man rotation, so that Stoudemire won't burn out like how he did this year under the Antoni system.
4. Drop Chauncey Billups and use MLE to sign younger and cheaper point guard.

I can see the argument for everything except for the last.

Dropping Billups makes absolutely no fiscal sense. It will cost $4 million to let him go. The 14 million we would have to pay him would not entirely come off the books if we were to let him go (assuming the CBA is similar). As it stands where we are with the salary cap we would not gain much room to maneuver underneath the cap. Anyone we sign for the MLE would be not great, it's more worth it to keep Billups (even over paying him) b/c it's a $14 mil expiring deal, rather than get a very weak, marginal PG that is not at all a trade asset.

Also - I do not want Mike Brown...he could barely handle one superstar, and something happened in that Celtics series to cause LBJ to lose focus, chuck his Cavs jersey after a game and run for Miami. I don't know what Patrick Ewing would do defensively - I'd rather have him in the Herb Williams role with a seasoned head coach. Adelman would be fine. I just doubt they let MDA go with one year left, Dolan won't want to pay two head coaches (again).

Last edited:

STAT1

Starter
I'm gonna remain realistic here:

- pick up Chauncey's 1 year option
- sign Jeff Foster
- re-sign Shawne Williams, Shelden Williams & Anthony Carter to low money deals
- dump Jeffries, Mason & Walker
- draft Kenneth Faried, Trey Thompkins or Jordan Williams
- invite PEJ, Marcus Cousin, Jeff Adrien & Sharron Collins to summer league team

new roster:

C - Foster
PF - STAT
SF - Melo
SG - Fields
PG - Billups
6 - TD
7 - Shawne
8 - Turiaf
9 - 1st round draft pick
10 - AC
11 - Shelden
12 - Balkman
13 - Rautins
14 - J. Jordan
15 - summer league standout

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't mind signing back Ray Felton ... but he probably will want more of a long-term type deal this off-season considering the numbers he put up in NY earlier this year. He will probably demand somewhere around 4-6 mil per year. If a Dwight Howard is more in our plans for 2012 rather than Chris Paul than we may go the Raymond Felton route

STAT1

Starter
I wouldn't mind signing back Ray Felton ... but he probably will want more of a long-term type deal this off-season considering the numbers he put up in NY earlier this year. He will probably demand somewhere around 4-6 mil per year. If a Dwight Howard is more in our plans for 2012 rather than Chris Paul than we may go the Raymond Felton route

Felton is not a FA this summer.

Paul1355

All Star
I went with affordable veterans that have provided the intangibles for their teams, as well as players with talent that can fit into our team, with out having to be the GO to guy because in the past that obviously didnt work.
Plus they all play defense and all have been on playoff, winning teams before.

Troy Murphy
Jason Kapono
TJ ford
Deshawn Stevenson
Tayshaun Prince
Chuck Hayes
S Battier
Jeff Foster
Carl Landry
Grant Hill
REggie Evans
Josh HOward.

I feel we should target these guys to fill out our bench.

Murhpy sucks and plays no defense

Realistic choices:

Prince
Foster
Grant Hill
Battier
Kapono i like
and Evans is nice for toughness

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Felton is not a FA this summer.

I thought the KNicks signed Felton to a 1 year deal... did Denver extend him?? If im wrong my badd

**edit** nvm mmy bad KNicks signed him to 2- yearl deal.. But if we still plan to sing Howard instead of Paul in 2012 I wouldnt mind keeping Billups this season sign some role players we plan to keep long term and in 2012 sign felton and howard

STAT1

Starter
I thought the KNicks signed Felton to a 1 year deal... did Denver extend him?? If im wrong my badd

**edit** nvm mmy bad KNicks signed him to 2- yearl deal.. But if we still plan to sing Howard instead of Paul in 2012 I wouldnt mind keeping Billups this season sign some role players we plan to keep long term and in 2012 sign felton and howard

Forget about Dwight Howard dude, he's not coming here. Why would he want to come to a team where he'll have to share the touches in the post with 2 other elite level frontcourt players? Don't you think he'd rather go somewhere to team up with an elite perimeter player instead where he'll always get plenty of touches in the paint? Kobe, CP3, Deron, Derrick Rose, these are the types of players I think Dwight Howard would be much better off trying to partner up with. He doesn't strike me as a NY type of guy either. Just my personal gut feeling.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Forget about Dwight Howard dude, he's not coming here. Why would he want to come to a team where he'll have to share the touches in the post with 2 other elite level frontcourt players? Don't you think he'd rather go somewhere to team up with an elite perimeter player instead where he'll always get plenty of touches in the paint? Kobe, CP3, Deron, Derrick Rose, these are the types of players I think Dwight Howard would be much better off trying to partner up with. He doesn't strike me as a NY type of guy either. Just my personal gut feeling.

u may be right there... but everyone is banking on a chris paul type player ..that may not be the best idea going forward because like we saw this year in the playoffs we get some injuries to our stars we got no depth..

we may be better off keeping chauncey this season and sign some veteran role players and starters and then just sign felton next year ... we can get a guy like Tim Duncan this year.. He probably wont demand a HUGE contract maybe (9-10 mil per) and would be a nice player for us the next 2-3 years .. he would be our own Garnett.. we could then get rid of Turiaf , cut loose balkman.. cuz the trio of melo, stat and paul would leave us absolutley no wiggle room with the cap and may not be in our best interest. we may also leave our team open for signing or tradining for an impact player and winner like duncan in the future. plus its tough to say what we will do without knowing the salry cap numbers for the next seasons

I'm gonna remain realistic here:

- pick up Chauncey's 1 year option
- sign Jeff Foster
- re-sign Shawne Williams, Shelden Williams & Anthony Carter to low money deals
- dump Jeffries, Mason & Walker
- draft Kenneth Faried, Trey Thompkins or Jordan Williams
- invite PEJ, Marcus Cousin, Jeff Adrien & Sharron Collins to summer league team

new roster:

C - Foster
PF - STAT
SF - Melo
SG - Fields
PG - Billups
6 - TD
7 - Shawne
8 - Turiaf
9 - 1st round draft pick
10 - AC
11 - Shelden
12 - Balkman
13 - Rautins
14 - J. Jordan
15 - summer league standout
Wow me and you both think alike. I also wouldn't mind signing Grant Hill, Nazr Mohammed, and Reggie Williams. I know this might sound stupid but maybe we could trade TD for some role players since he has potential? TD is basically a short SG with no PG skills and i would much rather have a guy like Jared Dudley as our SG. Or maybe we can trade Fields for a SG that can actually shoot? These are just ideas, but who knows maybe Landry and TD both improve this summer.

DieHardPassion

Benchwarmer
dalembert is our man, we should be targeting him first before we target jordan and such. Don't get me wrong, jordan is much better than dalembert but it's just plausible for the money we're offering. I dont think the knicks can afford to give jordan a 8-10 mill contract. we still have on our eyes on the big prize and that is why we won't sign him.
we're goin to get assets this offseason taht'll battle for playing time and those that fall will be traded. If New Orleans lose to the Lakers, Chris Paul will more than likely leave. - hopefully
we can sign dalembert for Mid so we won't be interferring with our cap.
Knicks will take a chance this offseason the way they took a chance this past season. but again it also depends on Walsh staying because if he stays he'll prob apply the same philosophy this offseason.

KBlack25

Starter
youre an idiot haha, I meant each one in terms of an individual as our chances, not those guys grouped together and us playing for each coach

as in if each was available and interested, that is the chance we would have of actually nabbing them.

If each was available and interested why would a guy have a 10% chance of showing up? If he is interested and available doesn't that imply a bigger than 1 in 10 shot?

STAT1

Starter
u may be right there... but everyone is banking on a chris paul type player ..that may not be the best idea going forward because like we saw this year in the playoffs we get some injuries to our stars we got no depth..

we may be better off keeping chauncey this season and sign some veteran role players and starters and then just sign felton next year ... we can get a guy like Tim Duncan this year.. He probably wont demand a HUGE contract maybe (9-10 mil per) and would be a nice player for us the next 2-3 years .. he would be our own Garnett.. we could then get rid of Turiaf , cut loose balkman.. cuz the trio of melo, stat and paul would leave us absolutley no wiggle room with the cap and may not be in our best interest. we may also leave our team open for signing or tradining for an impact player and winner like duncan in the future. plus its tough to say what we will do without knowing the salry cap numbers for the next seasons

If the Knicks decide to go that route (signing Billups for 1 season & then bringing Ray Felton back along with a veteran C, I would have no problem with that. I agree, it's hard to really present realistic scenarios until we know what the final cap figure will be this summer. Still I can't imagine we'll have much cap space to do much this summer even if we buy Chauncey out of his contract, so we're probably better off just pickup up the 1 year option on his deal & using him as our stopgap solution at the point & weighing our options in 2012, whether we target CP3, Deron, Felton or someone else, we will still have very good options open to us at the position, something we won't really have this summer if we let Billups go.

STAT1

Starter
Wow me and you both think alike. I also wouldn't mind signing Grant Hill, Nazr Mohammed, and Reggie Williams. I know this might sound stupid but maybe we could trade TD for some role players since he has potential? TD is basically a short SG with no PG skills and i would much rather have a guy like Jared Dudley as our SG. Or maybe we can trade Fields for a SG that can actually shoot? These are just ideas, but who knows maybe Landry and TD both improve this summer.

I would definitely be cool with trading TD, I don't see him ever being anything more than an undersized SG, just my personal opinion. He's a great kid though, if he stays I got no problem with it but we can't keep trying to fit his square peg into a round hole, he's not a PG & I don't think he ever will be. As a combo G scorer off the bench I think he's a useful asset, but when you rely on him to orchestrate your offense you're bound to run into problems, especially in crunchtime situations he's just way too mechanical, tentative & predictable when he makes his decisions, which often leads to costly mistakes down the stretch of games. He does have bigshot making ability though consistency is still an issue for him, as it is for most young players his age. That will come with more experience & repetition.

Landry even though he pissed me off to no end in this series I think we should keep him around for another year to see if he can improve his game this summer. He needs a lot of work on his shooting off the dribble skills & ball handling. If he can work on those 2 things he will be a very good player in this league. Easier said than done, but if he's made in the David Lee mold like I suspect he is, he'll get to work this summer & come back next year with a new skillset he didn't have before. I still think he can turn himself into a Shane Battier clone which every good team loves to have. I think there's a reason why the Knicks chose to hold onto him over Wilson & Gallo, & even though right now it looks like we might have been better off keeping 1 of those guys instead, down the road it might end up being the right decision (especially considering how much money Wilson & Gallo will command on their next contracts)

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Allen Iverson
T-Mac
Reggie Evans
DeAndre Jordan
Marcus Camby
Marcus Thornton
Jamal Crawford
Nate Robinson

Other players who'd be great for us, but would like to see them stay with their current teams:

Tayshaun Prince
Grant Hill
Rip Hamilton

These three alone would be huge. Prince does it all, Grant Hill is still good on offense, and is a great defender, and Rip will be the SG we need.

I like all our current Knicks, so I'm just gonna name a few who I'd love to have back:

Anthony Carter
Bill Walker
Ronny Turiaf
Landry Fields

I think if we don't draft or find a PG with the kind of tempo Anthony Carter or Jason Williams has, then Nate Robinson wouldn't be a bad option to trade for at all (hopefully if D'Antoni is still here the past would be the past). Don't know if the Thunder need him or whatever.

Why Allen Iverson as a back-up PG option? Well only the media makes him out to be not be able to play anymore. I've seen his videos in Turkey, he's still movin' and groovin'.

Why T-Mac? He's been healthy for the most part, still versatile. Could be a big contributor in at least a few games.

Marcus Thornton lit it up in the first two years in the NBA. Could be the SG we're looking for and he'd cost a lot less than Crawford (unless Thornton is a restricted FA).

J.R. Smith is an option, but I have feeling he's gonna ask too much for us.

Our number one target this summer should be a shot blocking center, and if DeAndre Jordan is the only one we can get (unless it would not leave enough for a good/great bench), then go for it. Can get a few easy baskets also.

Last edited: