Ok lets talk Draft!!!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Big men are often projects and not NBA ready. I say we draft a PG and sign a big with our cap room or MLE.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
i would kill to have kemba walker paired with stat and melo, but not if it means we cant trade for a 3rd superstar, which it would. didnt think of hansbrough until i read it here...if we cant get a 7' C (havent seen one in any mock drafts) and we dont wanna give up cb and fields for kemba/markeiff/kyrie i think bens our best option. you know hes gonna leave it all on the floor and he can definitely get stat and melo their shots.

Maybe we can trade Fields for a 1st round pick. Somewhere between 8-13. Draft Walker and a big. Sign Jason Richardson for about 5 mill a year...

jpz17

Starter
we NEED a center. preferably not a European too. I want an Oakley-type player.. someone who fouls out from time to time and plays rough..

moneyg

Starter
we NEED a center. preferably not a European too. I want an Oakley-type player.. someone who fouls out from time to time and plays rough..

draft faried... and buy into second round to pick up isaih thomas....A grade

please no euro players

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
draft faried... and buy into second round to pick up isaih thomas....A grade

please no euro players

I'm so with you on the Euro players. Drafting Euro players is usually a hit or miss situation. Plus, most take awhile to get acclimated into the NBA. I want someone who's ready to contribute right away.

moneyg

Starter
I'm so with you on the Euro players. Drafting Euro players is usually a hit or miss situation. Plus, most take awhile to get acclimated into the NBA. I want someone who's ready to contribute right away.

i think we need to approach this draft with a immediately contribute.. then a potential

id rather get a player that can be good right away but doesnt have a high celing.. versus a potenial laced bust.....

IRepNY

Rookie
I'm just curious, is anyone even considering we trade for a good draft pick? Does the New York Knicks, has any rights to their Draft Picks 2012? Trade and get a decent Draft Pick or wait until next season draft. [Please don't bash me for this, just asking a question.]

Jordan Williams, the Morris Brothers or even Big K [ Kenneth Faried. ]

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Three Most Likely Choices

1. Jimmer Fredette
2. Kenneth Faried
3. Lucas Noguiera

My first choice (Patric Young) is going back to school. Faried is the closest thing to Young likely to be available (Kemba and Bismarck will be long gone at pick 17 or 18.

Noguiera (Brazil) is the true center among them but more of a project. If they draft Faried or Noguiera, then they likely acquire Dalembert, Camby, or some other cheap stop-gap; and go for CP3 at trade deadline or summer 2012.

The other possible direction is to draft Fredette as your PG of the future. In this case, they go for DeAndre Jordan or Marc Gasol (more expensive centers) over the summer 2011; but then might be out of the CP3 sweepstakes due to cap reduction.

In order to get Kemba or any other top PG (or Enes Kanter, the only truly noteworthy center in the draft) they would need to trade up for a higher pick (unlikely).

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Maybe they can draft Fredette and hope Faried drops a little then give up cash and Ronnie Turiaf for a late 1st to grab him. That be ideal.

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
Draft PF Bismack Biyombo

then bring up Jerome Jordan to Center

pick up FA Center/PF/SF like: Nenad Krstic, Jeff Foster, Kwame Brown, Aaron Gray, Nazr Mohammed, Reggie Evans, Chuck Hayes, Kenyon Martin, Tayshaun Prince, Grant Hill prefered in bold

have a rotation of STAT, Jordan, Biyombo, and maybe 1 or 2 from the list above

pick up FA SG like : Jamal Crawford, J.R. Smith, Mike Dunleavy, Wilson Chandler

with Billups, Williams, Melo, Douglas, Fields, Keep Carter, Turiaf