Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The more I think about it, we have to sign Bill Laimbeer

I agree with this thread as well. I'm at the point I'll take any other coach that has fundamentals in the half-court offense/defense for a 1 yr rental. D'Antoni just isn't cutting it.

so basically those who say get Lambear is basically conceding that Zeke will be back in some capacity right?

Veteran

How did Coach Stan Van Gundy put it when he called Walsh & Dantoni
    "Idiot-fools" or "foolish-idiots" for not hiring ast-coach Patrick Ewing or
    Bill Laimbeer in the 2008 offseason to give the Knicks a bigman defense coach?

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    How did Coach Stan Van Gundy put it when he called Walsh & Dantoni
    "Idiot-fools" or "foolish-idiots" for not hiring ast-coach Patrick Ewing or
    Bill Laimbeer in the 2008 offseason to give the Knicks a bigman defense coach?
    I think all Knicks fans would rejoice if JVG would come back and coach but I really think Dolan and him are like Oil and Water so imo it's highly unlikely. I think we're gonna lose 4 out of our next 5 and D'Antoni will be out the door shortly after. Look for Woodson to take over the job for the season and for the Knicks to go after a bigger name coach if he doesn't work out during the offseason.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I think all Knicks fans would rejoice if JVG would come back and coach but I really think Dolan and him are like Oil and Water so imo it's highly unlikely. I think we're gonna lose 4 out of our next 5 and D'Antoni will be out the door shortly after. Look for Woodson to take over the job for the season and for the Knicks to go after a bigger name coach if he doesn't work out during the offseason.
    On the flip if mark Jackson does well they might look to a newer coach..... Also Jerry Sloan maybe on the coaching block but the rumor is he wants the Kings HC job.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    He was also team mate with Kelly tripucka and Kelly tripucka is alright in my book lol. Anyhow how can you hate a guy who nicknames a bad attitude player Crackhead..... Imagine what he would of called Eddy Curry

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Basically he's won championships, was able to keep a team productive whilw his star player had a hissy fit, he preaches defense, and he helped kevin love develop inti the stretch four he is right now.

More than that the knicks need a coach to be a leader of the team. All the stars the Knicks have now aren't leader material mentally besides chandler and that is mostly defensive. Stat tries but he defers to Melo to much. Bill Laimbeer could be a leader and just allow the players to play.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Hey we all hate the bulls too. Thats always a plus

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] plus this article explains why he is a championship caliber coach

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] final link but a good article nonetheless explaining how he is the complete opposite of D'antoni. By preaching all the stuff we fans feel the knicks need.Also did I mention when he was a WNBA GM he use to rob other team in trades for better players? Because as crazy as it sounds he was competant enough to do that and like outsmarting his competition. Oxymoron there outsmarting competutio and knicks but hey why not.....

So look I cant see how anyone canread these articles and not put laimbeer over Phil Jackson who we have no guarantee will he coming back. In my mind its either Phil or Bill or another few years wasted.
    Thanks for all the links. Good reads...

Originally Posted by Wargames
    On the flip if mark Jackson does well they might look to a newer coach..... Also Jerry Sloan maybe on the coaching block but the rumor is he wants the Kings HC job.
    I didn't even think of Sloan, he could be an option. I don't know if Dolan will trust a new coach to take over all these ego's but you never know. Personally I'll be happy trying anyone other than MDA.