We got swept because...

• Walsh is overrated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melo is a choke-artist

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
Because we don't have a TEAM. We have two "superstars", one aging always injured ex-star PG, and nothing else. We traded away all our depth, assets, draft picks and flexibility for Melo. Get used to being early playoff exits. This is our future.

Well if we have no future then you have no reason to be a Knicks fan. So see ya later bud

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
lol at the people who voted injuries.

I guess using your logic, the Grizzlies without Rudy Gay should have gotten swept.

But I guess Zach Randolph is just lightyears ahead of Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire.

And what about the 76ers winning a playoff game without a single 16 point per game player, and with a washed up Elton Brand leading the way against the #2 seed Miami Heat?

People need to stop obssessing over D'Antoni. For real.

P.S.-I'm sorry, but Carmelo Anthony's a choke artist. I don't dislike him as a player, but he has got to stop playing like crap in the postseason. It's getting ridiculous.

So we're just going to completely throw out his 42, 17, 5 game?

KingCharles34

All Star
Injuries more then anything...

And I have to admit, Pierce sorta took Carmelo to school :redface:

Carmelo was too quick to jack up shots while Pierce used slick moves, fakes, and stutter steps to free himself for open shots. I hope Melo took some notes while he was in class

Carmelo was facing a better team defense then pierce was, and while this statement holds some validity i think its also an excuse. Im not trying to be biased, Carmelo is as talented as they come. He just needs to make a few minor adjustments

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
It is no coincidence that I placed Carmelo's name in the poll as a cause for the sweep: Carmelo is very inconsistent in the playoffs. I have actually been shocked at the lack of attention his choking has drawn.

In any case, under the bright lights of NY, he better become a consistent playoff performer or get ready to be deemed the next Vince Carter.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I think the numbers vary from year to year, but, as ABCD pointed out, Melo is great on some games and terrible on others. This is why I see him as having to take a backseat to STAT, playing as our second option, rather than trying to be the leader.

By the way, I'm a Melo fan and want him to do well for us. I actually like him more than STAT. I just feel that the numbers don't support him trying to do more than he is capable of.

KBlack25

Starter
I think the numbers vary from year to year, but, as ABCD pointed out, Melo is great on some games and terrible on others. This is why I see him as having to take a backseat to STAT, playing as our second option, rather than trying to be the leader.

By the way, I'm a Melo fan and want him to do well for us. I actually like him more than STAT. I just feel that the numbers don't support him trying to do more than he is capable of.

No I agree - I think STAT should have been the first option...but statistically he is pretty similar, though he had one ridiculous night and one really off night in this series.

That said - do we really think Felton, Chandler or Gallinari would have done much better?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
No I agree - I think STAT should have been the first option...but statistically he is pretty similar, though he had one ridiculous night and one really off night in this series.

That said - do we really think Felton, Chandler or Gallinari would have done much better?
That's a tough one. They showed they could step up against the big teams. It could have also depended on if we didn't get Melo and got a back-up for Felton or something. Felton was needing some help for rest. He hasn't seemed the same as he was in his first couple of months though, even in Denver where he got more rest.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened

Na, I'm glad we have Melo. Just saying: he needs to use the great opportunity he has, to play with STAT, and not play himself out of the game with bad decisions.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
The Lakes are getting swept and its clear Phil Jackson us a terrible coach who can't adjust...

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
lol at those idiots saying Jackson is overrated. He has 11 rings. In 1994 he didn't have Jordan and they won 55 games.

TakMan

Rotation player
The refs only f*cked us over the first two games. Antoni handled the rest.

Well the poll is seeking our opinion on why we got swept. I think the refs were the main contributors for that. As for the fact that we lost the tie; for that I would suggest many reasons, one of them being the coach though the entire team (including staff) should be treated with leniency for this year. Next year will be a different story. It's not as if anyone expected this team to beat a Boston team that has been together for many years.

Red

TYPE-A
The Lakes are getting swept and its clear Phil Jackson us a terrible coach who can't adjust...

It takes stars to win. Look at Phil, he only wins with star players. Not even Phil Jackson could win with this line-up...

Says the casual fan.:thumbsup:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
It takes stars to win. Look at Phil, he only wins with star players. Not even Phil Jackson could win with this line-up...

Says the casual fan.:thumbsup:

I see you are trying to make a point and trying to throw a jab yet I have no idea what that is or where your punch landed...