View Poll Results: We got swept because...

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • D'Antoni is a crappy coach

17 56.67%
  • Walsh is overrated

0 0%
  • Melo is a choke-artist

0 0%
  • Injuries

13 43.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Only ones to get swept

KnicksonLIN.com

lol at the people who voted injuries.

I guess using your logic, the Grizzlies without Rudy Gay should have gotten swept.

But I guess Zach Randolph is just lightyears ahead of Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire.

And what about the 76ers winning a playoff game without a single 16 point per game player, and with a washed up Elton Brand leading the way against the #2 seed Miami Heat?

People need to stop obssessing over D'Antoni. For real.

P.S.-I'm sorry, but Carmelo Anthony's a choke artist. I don't dislike him as a player, but he has got to stop playing like crap in the postseason. It's getting ridiculous.
    Last edited by abcd; Apr 26, 2011 at 21:13.

Not to mention the Hornets without David West! And they don't even have alot of talent to begin with yet are giving the Lakers a good run

It was really sad that we were the only team to not even win a game. Injuries or not, it is sickening that us fans didn't even get to taste at least ONE victory. PATHETIC!!!

I think that, like Stephon Marbury stated, I am not talking winning the series, I am talking getting one win, like Philly and Denver and even Indy was able to do.

Anyway, fire 'Antoni!

Thread title amended:

Only ones with a sub-par coach.

Originally Posted by TakMan
    Refs not an option? Really?
    The refs only f*cked us over the first two games. Antoni handled the rest.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Because we don't have a TEAM. We have two "superstars", one aging always injured ex-star PG, and nothing else. We traded away all our depth, assets, draft picks and flexibility for Melo. Get used to being early playoff exits. This is our future.
    Well if we have no future then you have no reason to be a Knicks fan. So see ya later bud

Originally Posted by abcd
    lol at the people who voted injuries.

I guess using your logic, the Grizzlies without Rudy Gay should have gotten swept.

But I guess Zach Randolph is just lightyears ahead of Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire.

And what about the 76ers winning a playoff game without a single 16 point per game player, and with a washed up Elton Brand leading the way against the #2 seed Miami Heat?

People need to stop obssessing over D'Antoni. For real.

P.S.-I'm sorry, but Carmelo Anthony's a choke artist. I don't dislike him as a player, but he has got to stop playing like crap in the postseason. It's getting ridiculous.
    So we're just going to completely throw out his 42, 17, 5 game?

Injuries more then anything...

And I have to admit, Pierce sorta took Carmelo to school

Carmelo was too quick to jack up shots while Pierce used slick moves, fakes, and stutter steps to free himself for open shots. I hope Melo took some notes while he was in class

Carmelo was facing a better team defense then pierce was, and while this statement holds some validity i think its also an excuse. Im not trying to be biased, Carmelo is as talented as they come. He just needs to make a few minor adjustments

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by ducktales17
    So we're just going to completely throw out his 42, 17, 5 game?
    Yes, I am.

Just check his playoff stats on nba.com.

Carmelo Anthony
    Playoff Stats: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I like Anthony as a player, but a max contract superstar is supposed to bring it in the playoffs AT LEAST 75% of the time. He only brings it 45% of the time.
    Last edited by abcd; May 02, 2011 at 11:43.

I blame d'antoni for us getting swept

It is no coincidence that I placed Carmelo's name in the poll as a cause for the sweep: Carmelo is very inconsistent in the playoffs. I have actually been shocked at the lack of attention his choking has drawn.

In any case, under the bright lights of NY, he better become a consistent playoff performer or get ready to be deemed the next Vince Carter.

Actually, Melo's career numbers in the regular season are about the same as they are in the post season...

I think the numbers vary from year to year, but, as ABCD pointed out, Melo is great on some games and terrible on others. This is why I see him as having to take a backseat to STAT, playing as our second option, rather than trying to be the leader.

By the way, I'm a Melo fan and want him to do well for us. I actually like him more than STAT. I just feel that the numbers don't support him trying to do more than he is capable of.

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    I think the numbers vary from year to year, but, as ABCD pointed out, Melo is great on some games and terrible on others. This is why I see him as having to take a backseat to STAT, playing as our second option, rather than trying to be the leader.

By the way, I'm a Melo fan and want him to do well for us. I actually like him more than STAT. I just feel that the numbers don't support him trying to do more than he is capable of.
    No I agree - I think STAT should have been the first option...but statistically he is pretty similar, though he had one ridiculous night and one really off night in this series.

That said - do we really think Felton, Chandler or Gallinari would have done much better?