Results 1 to 15 of 51

Thread: I Have Seen The Light: Fire D'antoni!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Power
    10

    Default I Have Seen The Light: Fire D'antoni!



    This is coming from the biggest supporter D'antoni had on these boards (aside from KFFQ). I watched this post-season collapse happen before my very eyes. It's time for D'antoni to go.

    I was patient. During the season as we played and traded our way to mediocrity, I said "let's wait to see what we can do in the playoffs". I was impressed as we made our way to the 6th seed with a roller-coaster team and was excited for the playoffs..

    I said to myself going in to Boston, "At least in the last moments of a close game I can count on this era's best offensive coach and the most clutch player in the last 8 seasons to get us 1 win"

    I waited patiently and saw game 1 stolen from us by a mix of the Ref's and some lousy play calling on part of D'antoni. I figured, "everyone get's one, move on, good game, lets get 'em next time"

    Oh no. I should have realized this would not go well. Game 2 was disastrous. Melo took over the entire game dropped 42 points, grabbed 17 rebounds and STILL we could not close out the Celtics. We have the best offensive player in the game today and we can't win this 1 game??? JJ under the basket for the final play???? WHY?

    Game 3 I watched in horror as the celtics went up 22-5 before ANYTHING happened. AC got put into the game for a few minutes while boston's bench was on the floor and we battled back, but when rondo came back on, he was out of the game and we never got close again. JVG was calling that game and EVERYTHING that I said in my head he was calling out nearly 2 seconds after I thought it. He was watching the game realizing that AC and Shawne Williams were playing above their heads, had helped the knicks rally and were not getting back on the floor. All because D'antoni wouldn't use them against the Celtics starters. His stubbornness and refusal to adapt and make an adjustment lost us this game before it even started.

    Game 4 was a terrible 1st half. I watched at my grandma's house on Easter sunday as my family, full of boston fan's, smirked and got out the brooms. Finally in the second half the players decided to turn it up themselves but it was too little too late. AC should have started every game while Billups was out and had TD come off the bench as he is designed to do. The coach could not solve anything that boston threw at the knicks, which was nothing new. He left Fields on Ray allen all series even tho allen was TORCHING the kid and ruining his confidence. I don't think we will ever see the same Fields again.

    This series was going to be a Knicks out regardless of the coach, but there were at least 2 games we could have won with better play calling and a more concentrated Defensive effort. If everyone was healthy and ready to go, then we could of even took this series, with a different coach. His refusal to adapt and make adjustments lost us these games and series. a different coach could make those same predictable calls at the end of games but would also coach some defense, maybe call a play the other team doesn't expect and get the player fired up with more then "OK guys, what we need to do is do what we do and PUSH THE BALL" that was his time out talk in game 3... "PUSH THE BALL". There were no inspirational firing up the team to play better, no assignments on defense, no plays even really called. It was pitiful! It's like he had given up on the coaching after the first 2 games in Boston and decided "**** it, push the ball and we'll score lots of points, maybe that'll do it!"

    I am disgusted. These playoffs could not have gone worse from a Knicks fan point of view. 1 win was all we really needed. At least then we could point out 1 positive from the post-season, say we left it all out on the floor and did what it took to get 1 game from Boston.


    I literally prayed on Easter Sunday that the knicks would bring back JVG. Please God/Allah/Buddah/Flying Spaghetti Monster PLEASE bring us JVG or at least a coach that has a clue. I lvoe what Donnie Walsh has managed to do from a personnel point of view, but if he is tied to D'antoni then get rid of him too.


  2. #2
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by p0nder


    This is coming from the biggest supporter D'antoni had on these boards (aside from KFFQ). I watched this post-season collapse happen before my very eyes. It's time for D'antoni to go.

    I was patient. During the season as we played and traded our way to mediocrity, I said "let's wait to see what we can do in the playoffs". I was impressed as we made our way to the 6th seed with a roller-coaster team and was excited for the playoffs..

    I said to myself going in to Boston, "At least in the last moments of a close game I can count on this era's best offensive coach and the most clutch player in the last 8 seasons to get us 1 win"

    I waited patiently and saw game 1 stolen from us by a mix of the Ref's and some lousy play calling on part of D'antoni. I figured, "everyone get's one, move on, good game, lets get 'em next time"

    Oh no. I should have realized this would not go well. Game 2 was disastrous. Melo took over the entire game dropped 42 points, grabbed 17 rebounds and STILL we could not close out the Celtics. We have the best offensive player in the game today and we can't win this 1 game??? JJ under the basket for the final play???? WHY?

    Game 3 I watched in horror as the celtics went up 22-5 before ANYTHING happened. AC got put into the game for a few minutes while boston's bench was on the floor and we battled back, but when rondo came back on, he was out of the game and we never got close again. JVG was calling that game and EVERYTHING that I said in my head he was calling out nearly 2 seconds after I thought it. He was watching the game realizing that AC and Shawne Williams were playing above their heads, had helped the knicks rally and were not getting back on the floor. All because D'antoni wouldn't use them against the Celtics starters. His stubbornness and refusal to adapt and make an adjustment lost us this game before it even started.

    Game 4 was a terrible 1st half. I watched at my grandma's house on Easter sunday as my family, full of boston fan's, smirked and got out the brooms. Finally in the second half the players decided to turn it up themselves but it was too little too late. AC should have started every game while Billups was out and had TD come off the bench as he is designed to do. The coach could not solve anything that boston threw at the knicks, which was nothing new. He left Fields on Ray allen all series even tho allen was TORCHING the kid and ruining his confidence. I don't think we will ever see the same Fields again.

    This series was going to be a Knicks out regardless of the coach, but there were at least 2 games we could have won with better play calling and a more concentrated Defensive effort. If everyone was healthy and ready to go, then we could of even took this series, with a different coach. His refusal to adapt and make adjustments lost us these games and series. a different coach could make those same predictable calls at the end of games but would also coach some defense, maybe call a play the other team doesn't expect and get the player fired up with more then "OK guys, what we need to do is do what we do and PUSH THE BALL" that was his time out talk in game 3... "PUSH THE BALL". There were no inspirational firing up the team to play better, no assignments on defense, no plays even really called. It was pitiful! It's like he had given up on the coaching after the first 2 games in Boston and decided "**** it, push the ball and we'll score lots of points, maybe that'll do it!"

    I am disgusted. These playoffs could not have gone worse from a Knicks fan point of view. 1 win was all we really needed. At least then we could point out 1 positive from the post-season, say we left it all out on the floor and did what it took to get 1 game from Boston.


    I literally prayed on Easter Sunday that the knicks would bring back JVG. Please God/Allah/Buddah/Flying Spaghetti Monster PLEASE bring us JVG or at least a coach that has a clue. I lvoe what Donnie Walsh has managed to do from a personnel point of view, but if he is tied to D'antoni then get rid of him too.

    Welcome home!

    You know what I say to the excuse makers and spinners who harp on our team being in transition as yet another excuse that neglects to exlain the entire poor picture...

    ***NEWSFLASH

    Do you recall when "our team was clicking" when we had "Felton and co." Running LOSS (SSOL) like a well oiled machine?

    Well use that selective memory and recall WE WOULD GO DOWN BY DOUBLE DIGITS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME THEN TOO, MORONS! But you thought I forgot didn't you? Nope.

    Same sh*t- different toilet!

    There goes that excuse, debunked!

    I can feel it.... just a matter of time.

  3. #3
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Anyone had a look at how San Antonio and Orlando are performing these days? Surely both their coaches need to be sacked instantly considering they are playing against far easier teams than the Knicks did, with home court advantage, no injury worries, and have a backbone that has played together for years. Surely that then means that Van Gundy and Popovich are well below D'Antoni in the coaching league.

    I don't see why people are isolating the Knicks sweep to one person. Had the refs not been complete c*nts in the first two games a lot of people would not have bothered posting on this forum. You will also be the same people to slam the next coach when the team isn't performing as you expect even if there are many other factors to take into consideration.

  4. #4
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by TakMan
    Anyone had a look at how San Antonio and Orlando are performing these days? Surely both their coaches need to be sacked instantly considering they are playing against far easier teams than the Knicks did, with home court advantage, no injury worries, and have a backbone that has played together for years. Surely that then means that Van Gundy and Popovich are well below D'Antoni in the coaching league.

    I don't see why people are isolating the Knicks sweep to one person. Had the refs not been complete c*nts in the first two games a lot of people would not have bothered posting on this forum. You will also be the same people to slam the next coach when the team isn't performing as you expect even if there are many other factors to take into consideration.
    This has nothing to do with a sweep or expectations- get with the program.

  5. #5
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    This has nothing to do with a sweep or expectations- get with the program.
    It has everything to do with the sweep actually. It can't be referring to the regular season surely. I've read it. Even if it was referring to the regular season, it was our first winning season in close to a decade. I understand that people are aggrevated with D'Antoni, as the coach always bears the brunt of perceived failure, but to act as if there aren't really stumbling blocks throughout the season and particularly in the playoffs only demonstrates an inherent bias which makes a healthy debate impossible.

  6. #6
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    This has nothing to do with a sweep or expectations- get with the program.
    ^^^ This is total BS. As is this MDA coach hunt..

    Takman's post is relevant to our stuation because it illustrates the blind hatred that has subplanted intelligent critique and broad-minded assessment.

    Red you are the primary culprit in this area..

  7. #7
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    ^^^ This is total BS. As is this MDA coach hunt..

    Takman's post is relevant to our stuation because it illustrates the blind hatred that has subplanted intelligent critique and broad-minded assessment.

    Red you are the primary culprit in this area..

    Really? Word?

    I took an objective approach and assessed the situation, humbly admitting I didn't know much about Mike, as illustrated in my post history. I even supported and gave props when due.

    Talk what you know, and know what you talk. Do your research.

    Then if care to add an angle not already present get back to us. Because I've concluded what almost every basketball mind has concluded that differs from your opinion, that should tell you something regarding your stance and mine.

    Remember all your excuses and xplainations have been duly noted... and they still don't hold water to why Mike should not be here going forward.

  8. #8
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    No one had us going to the playoffs this year, but we made it. We were without a pg, without a center, without an SG, an injured Amare, a team that just had traded away 4/5 of their starting lineup, and a team with key role players with no playoff experience at all. Not to mention Amare even said that he didn't even get to go to one practice because of his back. But you guys keep complaining about being swept against a veteran team that has been together for four years and with one of the most complete rosters in the NBA. SMH.

  9. #9
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Thumbs up

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    No one had us going to the playoffs this year, but we made it. We were without a pg, without a center, without an SG, an injured Amare, a team that just had traded away 4/5 of their starting lineup, and a team with key role players with no playoff experience at all. Not to mention Amare even said that he didn't even get to go to one practice because of his back. But you guys keep complaining about being swept against a veteran team that has been together for four years and with one of the most complete rosters in the NBA. SMH.
    LOL... we went into the playoffs without a PG, C, and SG because of D'Antoni.

    Where have you been for the last three years?

    Our PG, C, and SG are:

    Lopez, Jennings, and Brewer. They help other teams win.
    Oh and we have depth too- Their names are Randolph and Milicic.

    Your arguments hold no water. You can't win.

  10. #10
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    LOL... we went into the playoffs without a PG, C, and SG because of D'Antoni.

    Where have you been for the last three years?

    Our PG, C, and SG are:

    Lopez, Jennings, and Brewer. They help other teams win.
    Oh and we have depth too- Their names are Randolph and Milicic.

    Your arguments hold no water. You can't win.
    Issue is - Lopez would be gone (and probably Jennings too) in the Carmelo trade.

    Plus Brook Lopez blows.

  11. #11
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    LOL... we went into the playoffs without a PG, C, and SG because of D'Antoni.

    Where have you been for the last three years?

    Our PG, C, and SG are:

    Lopez, Jennings, and Brewer. They help other teams win.
    Oh and we have depth too- Their names are Randolph and Milicic.

    Your arguments hold no water. You can't win.
    You talking about the Lopez that gets like 3 rebounds per game? That lopez? That guy is softer than Chris Bosh and we'd still be getting outrebounded every game. Jennings has a horrible shot selection and chucks up so many shots while having a 37 fg %. I don't want that immature ****** on my team just check out this video.


  12. #12
    Member NYKLiFER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx,
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    6

    Default What?

    Originally Posted by TakMan
    Anyone had a look at how San Antonio and Orlando are performing these days? Surely both their coaches need to be sacked instantly considering they are playing against far easier teams than the Knicks did, with home court advantage, no injury worries, and have a backbone that has played together for years. Surely that then means that Van Gundy and Popovich are well below D'Antoni in the coaching league.

    I don't see why people are isolating the Knicks sweep to one person. Had the refs not been complete c*nts in the first two games a lot of people would not have bothered posting on this forum. You will also be the same people to slam the next coach when the team isn't performing as you expect even if there are many other factors to take into consideration.
    aRE Are you serious this coach sucks period anyone can see that Moron Do you even know what a coaches job consist of and has he done any of it beside draw x and o's on offense whatever your clueless why dont you take your phoenix ass back to phoenix and take ya bum azz coach with ya ....

  13. #13
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by p0nder


    This is coming from the biggest supporter D'antoni had on these boards (aside from KFFQ). I watched this post-season collapse happen before my very eyes. It's time for D'antoni to go.

    I was patient. During the season as we played and traded our way to mediocrity, I said "let's wait to see what we can do in the playoffs". I was impressed as we made our way to the 6th seed with a roller-coaster team and was excited for the playoffs..

    I said to myself going in to Boston, "At least in the last moments of a close game I can count on this era's best offensive coach and the most clutch player in the last 8 seasons to get us 1 win"

    I waited patiently and saw game 1 stolen from us by a mix of the Ref's and some lousy play calling on part of D'antoni. I figured, "everyone get's one, move on, good game, lets get 'em next time"

    Oh no. I should have realized this would not go well. Game 2 was disastrous. Melo took over the entire game dropped 42 points, grabbed 17 rebounds and STILL we could not close out the Celtics. We have the best offensive player in the game today and we can't win this 1 game??? JJ under the basket for the final play???? WHY?

    Game 3 I watched in horror as the celtics went up 22-5 before ANYTHING happened. AC got put into the game for a few minutes while boston's bench was on the floor and we battled back, but when rondo came back on, he was out of the game and we never got close again. JVG was calling that game and EVERYTHING that I said in my head he was calling out nearly 2 seconds after I thought it. He was watching the game realizing that AC and Shawne Williams were playing above their heads, had helped the knicks rally and were not getting back on the floor. All because D'antoni wouldn't use them against the Celtics starters. His stubbornness and refusal to adapt and make an adjustment lost us this game before it even started.

    Game 4 was a terrible 1st half. I watched at my grandma's house on Easter sunday as my family, full of boston fan's, smirked and got out the brooms. Finally in the second half the players decided to turn it up themselves but it was too little too late. AC should have started every game while Billups was out and had TD come off the bench as he is designed to do. The coach could not solve anything that boston threw at the knicks, which was nothing new. He left Fields on Ray allen all series even tho allen was TORCHING the kid and ruining his confidence. I don't think we will ever see the same Fields again.

    This series was going to be a Knicks out regardless of the coach, but there were at least 2 games we could have won with better play calling and a more concentrated Defensive effort. If everyone was healthy and ready to go, then we could of even took this series, with a different coach. His refusal to adapt and make adjustments lost us these games and series. a different coach could make those same predictable calls at the end of games but would also coach some defense, maybe call a play the other team doesn't expect and get the player fired up with more then "OK guys, what we need to do is do what we do and PUSH THE BALL" that was his time out talk in game 3... "PUSH THE BALL". There were no inspirational firing up the team to play better, no assignments on defense, no plays even really called. It was pitiful! It's like he had given up on the coaching after the first 2 games in Boston and decided "**** it, push the ball and we'll score lots of points, maybe that'll do it!"

    I am disgusted. These playoffs could not have gone worse from a Knicks fan point of view. 1 win was all we really needed. At least then we could point out 1 positive from the post-season, say we left it all out on the floor and did what it took to get 1 game from Boston.


    I literally prayed on Easter Sunday that the knicks would bring back JVG. Please God/Allah/Buddah/Flying Spaghetti Monster PLEASE bring us JVG or at least a coach that has a clue. I lvoe what Donnie Walsh has managed to do from a personnel point of view, but if he is tied to D'antoni then get rid of him too.

    Welcome. Please be sure to talk to as many dissenters as you can in hopes that we can convert them also...

  14. #14
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by p0nder


    This is coming from the biggest supporter D'antoni had on these boards (aside from KFFQ). I watched this post-season collapse happen before my very eyes. It's time for D'antoni to go.

    I was patient. During the season as we played and traded our way to mediocrity, I said "let's wait to see what we can do in the playoffs". I was impressed as we made our way to the 6th seed with a roller-coaster team and was excited for the playoffs..

    I said to myself going in to Boston, "At least in the last moments of a close game I can count on this era's best offensive coach and the most clutch player in the last 8 seasons to get us 1 win"

    I waited patiently and saw game 1 stolen from us by a mix of the Ref's and some lousy play calling on part of D'antoni. I figured, "everyone get's one, move on, good game, lets get 'em next time"

    Oh no. I should have realized this would not go well. Game 2 was disastrous. Melo took over the entire game dropped 42 points, grabbed 17 rebounds and STILL we could not close out the Celtics. We have the best offensive player in the game today and we can't win this 1 game??? JJ under the basket for the final play???? WHY?

    Game 3 I watched in horror as the celtics went up 22-5 before ANYTHING happened. AC got put into the game for a few minutes while boston's bench was on the floor and we battled back, but when rondo came back on, he was out of the game and we never got close again. JVG was calling that game and EVERYTHING that I said in my head he was calling out nearly 2 seconds after I thought it. He was watching the game realizing that AC and Shawne Williams were playing above their heads, had helped the knicks rally and were not getting back on the floor. All because D'antoni wouldn't use them against the Celtics starters. His stubbornness and refusal to adapt and make an adjustment lost us this game before it even started.

    Game 4 was a terrible 1st half. I watched at my grandma's house on Easter sunday as my family, full of boston fan's, smirked and got out the brooms. Finally in the second half the players decided to turn it up themselves but it was too little too late. AC should have started every game while Billups was out and had TD come off the bench as he is designed to do. The coach could not solve anything that boston threw at the knicks, which was nothing new. He left Fields on Ray allen all series even tho allen was TORCHING the kid and ruining his confidence. I don't think we will ever see the same Fields again.

    This series was going to be a Knicks out regardless of the coach, but there were at least 2 games we could have won with better play calling and a more concentrated Defensive effort. If everyone was healthy and ready to go, then we could of even took this series, with a different coach. His refusal to adapt and make adjustments lost us these games and series. a different coach could make those same predictable calls at the end of games but would also coach some defense, maybe call a play the other team doesn't expect and get the player fired up with more then "OK guys, what we need to do is do what we do and PUSH THE BALL" that was his time out talk in game 3... "PUSH THE BALL". There were no inspirational firing up the team to play better, no assignments on defense, no plays even really called. It was pitiful! It's like he had given up on the coaching after the first 2 games in Boston and decided "**** it, push the ball and we'll score lots of points, maybe that'll do it!"

    I am disgusted. These playoffs could not have gone worse from a Knicks fan point of view. 1 win was all we really needed. At least then we could point out 1 positive from the post-season, say we left it all out on the floor and did what it took to get 1 game from Boston.


    I literally prayed on Easter Sunday that the knicks would bring back JVG. Please God/Allah/Buddah/Flying Spaghetti Monster PLEASE bring us JVG or at least a coach that has a clue. I lvoe what Donnie Walsh has managed to do from a personnel point of view, but if he is tied to D'antoni then get rid of him too.

    Join the team brother

    Ive been preaching this for a wile now, Red is shedding light to people as well.

    Mike D is the worst.

    He is so stubborn, he never adjusts during games and it makes me sick. I have listed a million reasons for why this guy should not be our coach but I just hope more fans see this.

Similar Threads

  1. Fire D'Antoni!
    By Red in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 308
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2012, 10:38
  2. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 16:27
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 10:40
  4. When will Dolan threaten to fire D'antoni?
    By knicksin60 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Nov 11, 2010, 15:56
  5. NOW Mike D'Antoni doesnt believe in Duhon
    By StreetDreams21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2009, 15:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •