I Have Seen The Light: Fire D'antoni!

skisloper

Starter
They are CHEAPER and have more potential than Jeffries, Turiaf, and Douglas.

Are better than Gallo and Jordan Hill.

And with the right coach, could have prevented us from getting raped in trades trying to backtrack due to the personnel mistakes we've made.

Please read espn or articles that have addressed this- especially going forward. We will no longer make personnel decisions influnced by Mikes flawed approach.

That's why we are here.... hello!

Use your memory

In 2008 we needed a PG & Center (after Mike sat and ignored Marbury)
In 2009 we needed a pg & C
In 2010 we needed a Pg & C
In 2011 we need a PG & C

Now.... HOW MANY PG AND C'S HAVE WE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET????

AND WHY DON'T WE HAVE THEM????

DO THE F*CKING MATH. 2+2 EQUALS 4!!!

4+2 equlas what genius?

are u kidding me ?
What was wrong with Felton ?
Then replacing Felton with Billips...STILL NO GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU.
THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR WE HAD SALARY CAP TO MAKE A MOVE AND HEAD THE KNICKS INTO A THRIVING FRANCHISE.
WE GOT CARMELO ANTHONY AND AMARE STOUDAMRIE....
YES MISTAKES HAPPEN ALONG THE WAY BUT DAMN HOW CAN YOU GUYS COMPLAIN.
PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME ABOUT COREY BREWER...WHO GET DNP EVERY GAME IN DALLAS YET MANY ON THIS BOARD ARE SO KNOWLEGDABLE THAT THEY KNOW MORE THEN THE KNICKS AND MAVERICKS.

SUCH A BUNCK OF CRY BABY'S...ARE U EVER SATISIFED...

IF WE WERE A SPUR BOARD U GUYS WOULD SAY DUNCAN TOO OLD, FIRE POPAVICH...

WE ARE HEADING INTO 2011/2012 SEASON WITH 3 ALL-STARS IN OUR STARING 5. OH AND YES WE USED CAP SPACE TO GET THEM JUST LIKE THE HEAT DID. STOP CRYING

We can? How? Please explain.

We are at $61 mil team salary with only 8 players on the roster. If we are going after CP3 in 2012, this means we will have to fill the roster next year with minimum salary vets with 1 year deals. How many solid role players are we going to get with that? Not enough to make us contenders or even better than we are right now. Remember, we are losing Shawne Williams, Anthony Carter, Shelden Williams, Bill Walker, Roger Mason, Jeffries and Derrick Brown this summer. Our cupboards are bare and we are already over the cap.

If we use the MLE (if it even exists next year), it will eat into cap space to sign CP3.

If we sign anybody over a 1 year deal, it will eat into the cap space needed to sign CP3.

Our roster next year will be very similar to the roster we have now. Our bench was badly exposed, and it isn't going to get much better.

We will be at approximately $44 mil in team salary with only 2 players on the roster in 2012 (If we drop Douglas and are able to trade Balkman for an expiring deal). Not enough cap space to give CP3 a max deal if the cap stays the same at $58 mil (all reports seem to be of a smaller cap and more restrictive CBA). And if the cap rises, there is not enough to build around those 3.

A team of CP3, Amare, Melo and minimum scrub nobodies is not winning a championship.

Plus, do you really think the Hornets and CP3 are going to wait until 2012 to move him? The Hornets will follow what Denver did and get as much as they can for CP3.

We can't trade any picks until 2016. We have no tradeable assets. We cannot trade for CP3.
Cp3+Amare+Melo with vets like Przybilla,Mohammed, and Grant Hill etc along with Fields+TD would be enough to win a championship. Jeffries, Williams, and Carter will all be cheap. In order for the Hornets to trade CP3 they need to trade him to a team that he actually wants to go to (that is the reason why Melo is not on the Nets right now) and he's been wanting to team up with Melo and Amare since last summer. All the posts i see you write are negative and most of the time are bashing Melo and saying that he is lazy, overrated blah blah blah. Now you say that we are going to keep getting eliminated in the first round and that we will never win a championship GTFOH.

nyk_nyk

All Star
if MDA wanted Hill, Hill would have played, but he didn't. I think Walsh made the pick b/c Hill was touted as being an athletic guy, and likely was the highest guy on the draft board.

Glad you mentioned this.

See, this is one of my beefs with MDA. He didn't want hill (as you suggest) so the guy doesn't get the proper chance to contribute. Hill is 6' 10" and was a player needed to help us on the boards and with interior defense. the problem is, Hill didn't "fit in" with MDA's offensive approach so he wasn't important. Coincidently, the same with AR (hmmm, can you smell a trend?)

I DO NOT want these tendencies from my coach. MDA is a "he slows down what I wanna do" coach as opposed to a "I can definitely use his size and ability" coach. What's the point of having a coaching staff if not you or one of your people can make use of a young 6' 10" C/PF when your team lacks defense and rebounding??????

You have to be more versatile as a coach.

Red

TYPE-A
^^^ This is total BS. As is this MDA coach hunt..

Takman's post is relevant to our stuation because it illustrates the blind hatred that has subplanted intelligent critique and broad-minded assessment.

Red you are the primary culprit in this area..

Really? Word?

I took an objective approach and assessed the situation, humbly admitting I didn't know much about Mike, as illustrated in my post history. I even supported and gave props when due.

Talk what you know, and know what you talk. Do your research.

Then if care to add an angle not already present get back to us. Because I've concluded what almost every basketball mind has concluded that differs from your opinion, that should tell you something regarding your stance and mine.

Remember all your excuses and xplainations have been duly noted... and they still don't hold water to why Mike should not be here going forward.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
What?

Anyone had a look at how San Antonio and Orlando are performing these days? Surely both their coaches need to be sacked instantly considering they are playing against far easier teams than the Knicks did, with home court advantage, no injury worries, and have a backbone that has played together for years. Surely that then means that Van Gundy and Popovich are well below D'Antoni in the coaching league.

I don't see why people are isolating the Knicks sweep to one person. Had the refs not been complete c*nts in the first two games a lot of people would not have bothered posting on this forum. You will also be the same people to slam the next coach when the team isn't performing as you expect even if there are many other factors to take into consideration.

aRE Are you serious this coach sucks period anyone can see that Moron Do you even know what a coaches job consist of and has he done any of it beside draw x and o's on offense whatever your clueless why dont you take your phoenix ass back to phoenix and take ya bum azz coach with ya ....

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Cp3+Amare+Melo with vets like Przybilla,Mohammed, and Grant Hill etc along with Fields+TD would be enough to win a championship. Jeffries, Williams, and Carter will all be cheap. In order for the Hornets to trade CP3 they need to trade him to a team that he actually wants to go to (that is the reason why Melo is not on the Nets right now) and he's been wanting to team up with Melo and Amare since last summer. All the posts i see you write are negative and most of the time are bashing Melo and saying that he is lazy, overrated blah blah blah. Now you say that we are going to keep getting eliminated in the first round and that we will never win a championship GTFOH.

Fields and TD will be gone in order for us to sign CP3. There isn't enough cap space to resign Fields and keep Douglas + sign CP3. Jeffries, Williams and Carter will not sign minimum 1 year deals multiple years in a row. They are all expiring deals THIS year. We cannot afford to sign them to multiple year deals if we plan to sign CP3 in 2012. Williams deserves a multiple year deal worth more than the minimum. He will be gone next year.

While CP3 may demand the Knicks, we still don't have anything to trade. If you noticed, Melo demanded the Knicks and we still gave up half our roster to get him. What do you think we have to trade to get CP3? We don't have any draft picks. What then?

If you want to keep telling yourself that we'll get CP3 and build a championship caliber team around CP3, Melo and Amare, go ahead. There is no reason to be angry at me for telling you the truth. The numbers don't lie. I'm sorry the facts don't agree with you. Just ignore me and the facts. Ok?

Otherwise prove me wrong. Prove the cap numbers wrong. It's really quite simple. Look up the numbers yourself and tell me how we can sign CP3 in 2012? Or how we can trade for him next year? Please provide a plausible and realistic plan that works financially. I have yet to see anybody actually provide any numbers that work. Not one. Just people telling me to shut up for providing the numbers that don't quite fit their fantasies.

Red

TYPE-A
Fields and TD will be gone in order for us to sign CP3. There isn't enough cap space to resign Fields and keep Douglas + sign CP3. Jeffries, Williams and Carter will not sign minimum 1 year deals multiple years in a row. They are all expiring deals THIS year. We cannot afford to sign them to multiple year deals if we plan to sign CP3 in 2012. Williams deserves a multiple year deal worth more than the minimum. He will be gone next year.

While CP3 may demand the Knicks, we still don't have anything to trade. If you noticed, Melo demanded the Knicks and we still gave up half our roster to get him. What do you think we have to trade to get CP3? We don't have any draft picks. What then?

If you want to keep telling yourself that we'll get CP3 and build a championship caliber team around CP3, Melo and Amare, go ahead. There is no reason to be angry at me for telling you the truth. The numbers don't lie. I'm sorry the facts don't agree with you. Just ignore me and the facts. Ok?

Otherwise prove me wrong. Prove the cap numbers wrong. It's really quite simple. Look up the numbers yourself and tell me how we can sign CP3 in 2012? Or how we can trade for him next year? Please provide a plausible and realistic plan that works financially. I have yet to see anybody actually provide any numbers that work. Not one. Just people telling me to shut up for providing the numbers that don't quite fit their fantasies.

Because we have the great player coach- CP3 will take less to play with us.

In fact, Melo and Stat will restructure their contract- take less also to make it work.

Who wouldn't want to play for D'Antoni? Players love him, they'll be lining up to join our dominant squad.

Who wouldn't want to compromise their earnings to be on a team with no practices or defensive responsibilities. They'll draw up a play in the parking lot, discuss it, and

Bam! 60 wins!

LOLOLLOLOLOO!

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
Because we have the great player coach- CP3 will take less to play with us.

In fact, Melo and Stat will restructure their contract- take less also to make it work.

Who wouldn't want to play for D'Antoni? Players love him, they'll be lining up to join our dominant squad.

Who wouldn't want to compromise their earnings to be on a team with no practices or defensive responsibilities. They'll draw up a play in the parking lot, discuss it, and

Bam! 60 wins!

LOLOLLOLOLOO!

I just coughed up my beer reading this LMFAO

clumsy

Rotation player
Grizzles have something we don't have....(kinda because of our coach) which is size.

I didn't like Truffle Shuffle when he was here, but that's cuz they tried to play him with a bigger Truffle Shuffle. He's a beast and when he has a legit Center to back him up, is super effective. No one in the west can guard him in ISO.

I think D'Antoni doesn't fit this roster that would be my main reason for removing him.

p0nder

Starter
ok, first off this is not about personell. This is about coaching. D'antoni failed to make any adjustments in the entire series. He had a cast of melo amr'e + some guys that can shoot the 3 and even a couple of decent defenders. A relatively decent Dant team. He failed to utilize the squad he had and could not even squeak out a win when the celtics were napping.

He refused to get fields off of ray allen when allen was torching us from everywhere. he could not see that the only guy on the team that could contain rondo a little was AC and didn't use him until it was wayyyy too late. He didn't draw up any plays that utlized an Amar'e/Melo PnR or even give any different looks on offense. anyone that watched any film on this team this year could of put an adequate defense on our guys.

sure he used a zone defense for about 4 minutes in a few games. That was his major adjustment. and it worked! But he wouldn't stick with it and he didn't have any other answers on defense. so we failed to make key stops and win any games. Not because of personel, we had a good team that fought hard and was quite capable of winning 1 or 2 games.

regardless of what you salary cap nerds think, this team is going to change again drastically and next season we should be looking at a rock solid squad with amar'e and melo as anchors. While i think they would both enjoy playing for D'antoni, his short commings as a coach will never lead to an nba championship. Also who would you even want to keep on this squad outside of Melo and Amar'e? billups is too expensive at his age. TD is not a good PG for us (as evidenced). Bill walker made more mistakes and turnovers and defensive lapses then anyone. fields was exposed as a 2nd round rookie pick, turiaf is good but can't play because of his bum ticker, mason is a bum.

AC, JJ, the good Williams, Melo, and Amar'e thats all i would keep from a personel stand point and infact everyone not named melo and amar'e can fly a kite.

TakMan

Rotation player
ok, first off this is not about personell. This is about coaching. D'antoni failed to make any adjustments in the entire series. He had a cast of melo amr'e + some guys that can shoot the 3 and even a couple of decent defenders. A relatively decent Dant team. He failed to utilize the squad he had and could not even squeak out a win when the celtics were napping.

He refused to get fields off of ray allen when allen was torching us from everywhere. he could not see that the only guy on the team that could contain rondo a little was AC and didn't use him until it was wayyyy too late. He didn't draw up any plays that utlized an Amar'e/Melo PnR or even give any different looks on offense. anyone that watched any film on this team this year could of put an adequate defense on our guys.

sure he used a zone defense for about 4 minutes in a few games. That was his major adjustment. and it worked! But he wouldn't stick with it and he didn't have any other answers on defense. so we failed to make key stops and win any games. Not because of personel, we had a good team that fought hard and was quite capable of winning 1 or 2 games.

regardless of what you salary cap nerds think, this team is going to change again drastically and next season we should be looking at a rock solid squad with amar'e and melo as anchors. While i think they would both enjoy playing for D'antoni, his short commings as a coach will never lead to an nba championship. Also who would you even want to keep on this squad outside of Melo and Amar'e? billups is too expensive at his age. TD is not a good PG for us (as evidenced). Bill walker made more mistakes and turnovers and defensive lapses then anyone. fields was exposed as a 2nd round rookie pick, turiaf is good but can't play because of his bum ticker, mason is a bum.

AC, JJ, the good Williams, Melo, and Amar'e thats all i would keep from a personel stand point and infact everyone not named melo and amar'e can fly a kite.

Just pointing out one more time that the poster of this thread was actually referring to the playoffs. Red may be consistently bashing the coach but my initial poster was a response to the thread maker's points.

I think the forum history clearly demonstrates that the posters who blame the coach for all that goes wrong in New York appear after a loss or even a losing streak, and hide during the team's winning streak. If we are to look at the playoffs, I think the team performed brilliantly in 2 out of 4 games. If we are to look at the regular season, we'll see that the team achieved a winning record for the first time in a decaade, notwithstanding a very destabilising trade. I think that clearly demonstrates a team on the ascendency. Now if you still aren't happy and feel that the team could perform better under another coach then that's absolutely fine. I can guarantee that you will all be singing along to the tune of 'sack the coach' next year, regardless of who's coaching.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
D'Antoni hardly, if ever, takes the blame for himself. He said he'd like to see what Rondo (who IS so overrated) could do on the Timberwolves, yet did nothing to stop him, and only played Anthony Carter enough in the second half of game 4. Rondo couldn't do anything against Carter.

He's an egomaniac. Maybe even Marbury wasn't in the wrong in 2008. This guy is something else. Benching Robinson for 14 days as if our team was stacked.

skisloper

Starter
D'Antoni hardly, if ever, takes the blame for himself. He said he'd like to see what Rondo (who IS so overrated) could do on the Timberwolves, yet did nothing to stop him, and only played Anthony Carter enough in the second half of game 4. Rondo couldn't do anything against Carter.

He's an egomaniac. Maybe even Marbury wasn't in the wrong in 2008. This guy is something else. Benching Robinson for 14 days as if our team was stacked.

Amazing with Boston's weak bench how Robinson was let go.....makes me wonder. Not to mention that gets no minutes on OKC.

I HOPE people start realizing that all the players Dantonio put in the doghouse never saw time with other teams .
Marbury.......Off to China
Nate......12 minutes with boston.
Hill......( bad pick ) his minutes in houston were less then 8 at the end.
Brewer.....ZERO in dallas.

to me Randolph was a mistake.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Amazing with Boston's weak bench how Robinson was let go.....makes me wonder. Not to mention that gets no minutes on OKC.

I HOPE people start realizing that all the players Dantonio put in the doghouse never saw time with other teams .
Marbury.......Off to China
Nate......12 minutes with boston.
Hill......( bad pick ) his minutes in houston were less then 8 at the end.
Brewer.....ZERO in dallas.

to me Randolph was a mistake.
Boston traded Robinson because of them not being able to play Perkins big money next season. He started when Rondo was injured. Doc liked him. Robinson was injured a few weeks on the Thunder, and also the guard position isn't what they need really.

D'Antoni didn't play Robinson when CHRIS DUHON was starting. Give me a break.

I'm not gonna argue Marbury because we know his past, but I wouldn't put it past that being D'Antoni's fault.

Paul1355

All Star
:alert::alert::alert:

This is coming from the biggest supporter D'antoni had on these boards (aside from KFFQ). I watched this post-season collapse happen before my very eyes. It's time for D'antoni to go.

I was patient. During the season as we played and traded our way to mediocrity, I said "let's wait to see what we can do in the playoffs". I was impressed as we made our way to the 6th seed with a roller-coaster team and was excited for the playoffs..

I said to myself going in to Boston, "At least in the last moments of a close game I can count on this era's best offensive coach and the most clutch player in the last 8 seasons to get us 1 win"

I waited patiently and saw game 1 stolen from us by a mix of the Ref's and some lousy play calling on part of D'antoni. I figured, "everyone get's one, move on, good game, lets get 'em next time"

Oh no. I should have realized this would not go well. Game 2 was disastrous. Melo took over the entire game dropped 42 points, grabbed 17 rebounds and STILL we could not close out the Celtics. We have the best offensive player in the game today and we can't win this 1 game??? JJ under the basket for the final play???? WHY? :barf:

Game 3 I watched in horror as the celtics went up 22-5 before ANYTHING happened. AC got put into the game for a few minutes while boston's bench was on the floor and we battled back, but when rondo came back on, he was out of the game and we never got close again. JVG was calling that game and EVERYTHING that I said in my head he was calling out nearly 2 seconds after I thought it. He was watching the game realizing that AC and Shawne Williams were playing above their heads, had helped the knicks rally and were not getting back on the floor. All because D'antoni wouldn't use them against the Celtics starters. His stubbornness and refusal to adapt and make an adjustment lost us this game before it even started.

Game 4 was a terrible 1st half. I watched at my grandma's house on Easter sunday as my family, full of boston fan's, smirked and got out the brooms. Finally in the second half the players decided to turn it up themselves but it was too little too late. AC should have started every game while Billups was out and had TD come off the bench as he is designed to do. The coach could not solve anything that boston threw at the knicks, which was nothing new. He left Fields on Ray allen all series even tho allen was TORCHING the kid and ruining his confidence. I don't think we will ever see the same Fields again.

This series was going to be a Knicks out regardless of the coach, but there were at least 2 games we could have won with better play calling and a more concentrated Defensive effort. If everyone was healthy and ready to go, then we could of even took this series, with a different coach. His refusal to adapt and make adjustments lost us these games and series. a different coach could make those same predictable calls at the end of games but would also coach some defense, maybe call a play the other team doesn't expect and get the player fired up with more then "OK guys, what we need to do is do what we do and PUSH THE BALL" that was his time out talk in game 3... "PUSH THE BALL". There were no inspirational firing up the team to play better, no assignments on defense, no plays even really called. It was pitiful! It's like he had given up on the coaching after the first 2 games in Boston and decided "**** it, push the ball and we'll score lots of points, maybe that'll do it!"

I am disgusted. These playoffs could not have gone worse from a Knicks fan point of view. 1 win was all we really needed. At least then we could point out 1 positive from the post-season, say we left it all out on the floor and did what it took to get 1 game from Boston.

I literally prayed on Easter Sunday that the knicks would bring back JVG. Please God/Allah/Buddah/Flying Spaghetti Monster PLEASE bring us JVG or at least a coach that has a clue. I lvoe what Donnie Walsh has managed to do from a personnel point of view, but if he is tied to D'antoni then get rid of him too.

:gony:

Join the team brother

Ive been preaching this for a wile now, Red is shedding light to people as well.

Mike D is the worst.

He is so stubborn, he never adjusts during games and it makes me sick. I have listed a million reasons for why this guy should not be our coach but I just hope more fans see this.

Red

TYPE-A
We have to admit our biggest mistake was being convinced about D'Antoni.

1. Our drafting would have been different leading to a more optimal mix f players by now

2. Our player development would be much better by now

3. We would have been a perennial playoff team by now, at least on par with Portland

I guess it just wasn't in the cards. We've had two top ten draft pick opportunities and an owner & GM willing to spend and back up our coach. Although all is not lost. We still acquired some talent, and can right the ship.

But whatever we do to correct this mistake, it must be quick.

I hear coaches defending Mike such as JVG. I can only conclude that either this is the politically correct thing to do or JVG doesn't really watch us night in and out. I know he knows better than that.

The same day he defended Mike, our team shot over 40 threes.

Now whether MOA is directly telling players to do this, or this is how his instructions are translated really matters not. The body of work and different rosters have interpreted MOA's philosophy to do the same thing