Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51

Thread: I Have Seen The Light: Fire D'antoni!

  1. #16
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    And so begins the revolving coaching door that exists in NY. Hire a new coach for the fans to get all excited about. Lose in the playoffs. Fire the coach. Hire a new coach. Lose in the playoffs. Etc, etc etc. It doesn't matter what coach we put out there. We're not winning any championships with this flawed roster and no ability to build around it. Knick fans chose this fate. Live with it for the next 5 years and stop finding excuses.
    We can still get CP3 or some good role players.... idk what your talking about.

  2. #17
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by p0nder


    This is coming from the biggest supporter D'antoni had on these boards (aside from KFFQ). I watched this post-season collapse happen before my very eyes. It's time for D'antoni to go.

    I was patient. During the season as we played and traded our way to mediocrity, I said "let's wait to see what we can do in the playoffs". I was impressed as we made our way to the 6th seed with a roller-coaster team and was excited for the playoffs..

    I said to myself going in to Boston, "At least in the last moments of a close game I can count on this era's best offensive coach and the most clutch player in the last 8 seasons to get us 1 win"

    I waited patiently and saw game 1 stolen from us by a mix of the Ref's and some lousy play calling on part of D'antoni. I figured, "everyone get's one, move on, good game, lets get 'em next time"

    Oh no. I should have realized this would not go well. Game 2 was disastrous. Melo took over the entire game dropped 42 points, grabbed 17 rebounds and STILL we could not close out the Celtics. We have the best offensive player in the game today and we can't win this 1 game??? JJ under the basket for the final play???? WHY?

    Game 3 I watched in horror as the celtics went up 22-5 before ANYTHING happened. AC got put into the game for a few minutes while boston's bench was on the floor and we battled back, but when rondo came back on, he was out of the game and we never got close again. JVG was calling that game and EVERYTHING that I said in my head he was calling out nearly 2 seconds after I thought it. He was watching the game realizing that AC and Shawne Williams were playing above their heads, had helped the knicks rally and were not getting back on the floor. All because D'antoni wouldn't use them against the Celtics starters. His stubbornness and refusal to adapt and make an adjustment lost us this game before it even started.

    Game 4 was a terrible 1st half. I watched at my grandma's house on Easter sunday as my family, full of boston fan's, smirked and got out the brooms. Finally in the second half the players decided to turn it up themselves but it was too little too late. AC should have started every game while Billups was out and had TD come off the bench as he is designed to do. The coach could not solve anything that boston threw at the knicks, which was nothing new. He left Fields on Ray allen all series even tho allen was TORCHING the kid and ruining his confidence. I don't think we will ever see the same Fields again.

    This series was going to be a Knicks out regardless of the coach, but there were at least 2 games we could have won with better play calling and a more concentrated Defensive effort. If everyone was healthy and ready to go, then we could of even took this series, with a different coach. His refusal to adapt and make adjustments lost us these games and series. a different coach could make those same predictable calls at the end of games but would also coach some defense, maybe call a play the other team doesn't expect and get the player fired up with more then "OK guys, what we need to do is do what we do and PUSH THE BALL" that was his time out talk in game 3... "PUSH THE BALL". There were no inspirational firing up the team to play better, no assignments on defense, no plays even really called. It was pitiful! It's like he had given up on the coaching after the first 2 games in Boston and decided "**** it, push the ball and we'll score lots of points, maybe that'll do it!"

    I am disgusted. These playoffs could not have gone worse from a Knicks fan point of view. 1 win was all we really needed. At least then we could point out 1 positive from the post-season, say we left it all out on the floor and did what it took to get 1 game from Boston.


    I literally prayed on Easter Sunday that the knicks would bring back JVG. Please God/Allah/Buddah/Flying Spaghetti Monster PLEASE bring us JVG or at least a coach that has a clue. I lvoe what Donnie Walsh has managed to do from a personnel point of view, but if he is tied to D'antoni then get rid of him too.

    Welcome. Please be sure to talk to as many dissenters as you can in hopes that we can convert them also...

  3. #18
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I don't buy that the Jordan Hill pick was MDA's doing - it was a panic pick when none of Curry, Flynn or Rubio fell to the Knicks...if MDA wanted Hill, Hill would have played, but he didn't. I think Walsh made the pick b/c Hill was touted as being an athletic guy, and likely was the highest guy on the draft board.

    And Lopez is a total waste of space...call me a "casual fan", but I think it's you who is casual if you clamor for Brook Lopez. This guy is a starting center in the NBA, a 7 footer, young and supposedly athletic, and his rebounding numbers are abysmal. He had TWO rebounds in a game this year versus the Knicks. TWO! AGAINST THE KNICKS! If you watched this guy play, he's soft, nothing special, and he just seems not to care, at all, especially in regards to rebounding. Give me Gallinari every day of the week, this has nothing to do with MDA - Gallinari is just a better player.
    Really, we didn't have any assets to trade up right? After who and how we got our trades done, it was just impossible right?

    Yeah and Walsh panicked and picked Hill because he was stumpped right?

    Even though there were reports that he impressed Mike in workouts right? After it was reported they targeted him right?

    After it was reported that we needed a big (what's new) and he fit closest to Amare who Mda had no clue was coming? Please!

    And I know you are a casual fan from how you viewd Amare dropping 30 as we'll as your posts. Its obvious. As was why we drafted Hill and Gallo.

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    They still would've gotten traded just like Gallo and Jordan.

    PS: How is Jennings better than Gallo?
    Yes- THEY FIT POSITIONS OF NEED! MCFLY!!!!!

  4. #19
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    We can still get CP3 or some good role players.... idk what your talking about.
    We can? How? Please explain.

    We are at $61 mil team salary with only 8 players on the roster. If we are going after CP3 in 2012, this means we will have to fill the roster next year with minimum salary vets with 1 year deals. How many solid role players are we going to get with that? Not enough to make us contenders or even better than we are right now. Remember, we are losing Shawne Williams, Anthony Carter, Shelden Williams, Bill Walker, Roger Mason, Jeffries and Derrick Brown this summer. Our cupboards are bare and we are already over the cap.

    If we use the MLE (if it even exists next year), it will eat into cap space to sign CP3.

    If we sign anybody over a 1 year deal, it will eat into the cap space needed to sign CP3.

    Our roster next year will be very similar to the roster we have now. Our bench was badly exposed, and it isn't going to get much better.

    We will be at approximately $44 mil in team salary with only 2 players on the roster in 2012 (If we drop Douglas and are able to trade Balkman for an expiring deal). Not enough cap space to give CP3 a max deal if the cap stays the same at $58 mil (all reports seem to be of a smaller cap and more restrictive CBA). And if the cap rises, there is not enough to build around those 3.

    A team of CP3, Amare, Melo and minimum scrub nobodies is not winning a championship.

    Plus, do you really think the Hornets and CP3 are going to wait until 2012 to move him? The Hornets will follow what Denver did and get as much as they can for CP3.

    We can't trade any picks until 2016. We have no tradeable assets. We cannot trade for CP3.

  5. #20
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    This has nothing to do with a sweep or expectations- get with the program.
    ^^^ This is total BS. As is this MDA coach hunt..

    Takman's post is relevant to our stuation because it illustrates the blind hatred that has subplanted intelligent critique and broad-minded assessment.

    Red you are the primary culprit in this area..

  6. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    They are CHEAPER and have more potential than Jeffries, Turiaf, and Douglas.

    Are better than Gallo and Jordan Hill.

    And with the right coach, could have prevented us from getting raped in trades trying to backtrack due to the personnel mistakes we've made.

    Please read espn or articles that have addressed this- especially going forward. We will no longer make personnel decisions influnced by Mikes flawed approach.

    That's why we are here.... hello!

    Use your memory

    In 2008 we needed a PG & Center (after Mike sat and ignored Marbury)
    In 2009 we needed a pg & C
    In 2010 we needed a Pg & C
    In 2011 we need a PG & C

    Now.... HOW MANY PG AND C'S HAVE WE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET????


    AND WHY DON'T WE HAVE THEM????


    DO THE F*CKING MATH. 2+2 EQUALS 4!!!

    4+2 equlas what genius?

    are u kidding me ?
    What was wrong with Felton ?
    Then replacing Felton with Billips...STILL NO GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU.
    THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR WE HAD SALARY CAP TO MAKE A MOVE AND HEAD THE KNICKS INTO A THRIVING FRANCHISE.
    WE GOT CARMELO ANTHONY AND AMARE STOUDAMRIE....
    YES MISTAKES HAPPEN ALONG THE WAY BUT DAMN HOW CAN YOU GUYS COMPLAIN.
    PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME ABOUT COREY BREWER...WHO GET DNP EVERY GAME IN DALLAS YET MANY ON THIS BOARD ARE SO KNOWLEGDABLE THAT THEY KNOW MORE THEN THE KNICKS AND MAVERICKS.

    SUCH A BUNCK OF CRY BABY'S...ARE U EVER SATISIFED...

    IF WE WERE A SPUR BOARD U GUYS WOULD SAY DUNCAN TOO OLD, FIRE POPAVICH...

    WE ARE HEADING INTO 2011/2012 SEASON WITH 3 ALL-STARS IN OUR STARING 5. OH AND YES WE USED CAP SPACE TO GET THEM JUST LIKE THE HEAT DID. STOP CRYING

  7. #22
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    We can? How? Please explain.

    We are at $61 mil team salary with only 8 players on the roster. If we are going after CP3 in 2012, this means we will have to fill the roster next year with minimum salary vets with 1 year deals. How many solid role players are we going to get with that? Not enough to make us contenders or even better than we are right now. Remember, we are losing Shawne Williams, Anthony Carter, Shelden Williams, Bill Walker, Roger Mason, Jeffries and Derrick Brown this summer. Our cupboards are bare and we are already over the cap.

    If we use the MLE (if it even exists next year), it will eat into cap space to sign CP3.

    If we sign anybody over a 1 year deal, it will eat into the cap space needed to sign CP3.

    Our roster next year will be very similar to the roster we have now. Our bench was badly exposed, and it isn't going to get much better.

    We will be at approximately $44 mil in team salary with only 2 players on the roster in 2012 (If we drop Douglas and are able to trade Balkman for an expiring deal). Not enough cap space to give CP3 a max deal if the cap stays the same at $58 mil (all reports seem to be of a smaller cap and more restrictive CBA). And if the cap rises, there is not enough to build around those 3.

    A team of CP3, Amare, Melo and minimum scrub nobodies is not winning a championship.

    Plus, do you really think the Hornets and CP3 are going to wait until 2012 to move him? The Hornets will follow what Denver did and get as much as they can for CP3.

    We can't trade any picks until 2016. We have no tradeable assets. We cannot trade for CP3.
    Cp3+Amare+Melo with vets like Przybilla,Mohammed, and Grant Hill etc along with Fields+TD would be enough to win a championship. Jeffries, Williams, and Carter will all be cheap. In order for the Hornets to trade CP3 they need to trade him to a team that he actually wants to go to (that is the reason why Melo is not on the Nets right now) and he's been wanting to team up with Melo and Amare since last summer. All the posts i see you write are negative and most of the time are bashing Melo and saying that he is lazy, overrated blah blah blah. Now you say that we are going to keep getting eliminated in the first round and that we will never win a championship GTFOH.

  8. #23
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    if MDA wanted Hill, Hill would have played, but he didn't. I think Walsh made the pick b/c Hill was touted as being an athletic guy, and likely was the highest guy on the draft board.
    Glad you mentioned this.

    See, this is one of my beefs with MDA. He didn't want hill (as you suggest) so the guy doesn't get the proper chance to contribute. Hill is 6' 10" and was a player needed to help us on the boards and with interior defense. the problem is, Hill didn't "fit in" with MDA's offensive approach so he wasn't important. Coincidently, the same with AR (hmmm, can you smell a trend?)

    I DO NOT want these tendencies from my coach. MDA is a "he slows down what I wanna do" coach as opposed to a "I can definitely use his size and ability" coach. What's the point of having a coaching staff if not you or one of your people can make use of a young 6' 10" C/PF when your team lacks defense and rebounding??????

    You have to be more versatile as a coach.

  9. #24
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    ^^^ This is total BS. As is this MDA coach hunt..

    Takman's post is relevant to our stuation because it illustrates the blind hatred that has subplanted intelligent critique and broad-minded assessment.

    Red you are the primary culprit in this area..

    Really? Word?

    I took an objective approach and assessed the situation, humbly admitting I didn't know much about Mike, as illustrated in my post history. I even supported and gave props when due.

    Talk what you know, and know what you talk. Do your research.

    Then if care to add an angle not already present get back to us. Because I've concluded what almost every basketball mind has concluded that differs from your opinion, that should tell you something regarding your stance and mine.

    Remember all your excuses and xplainations have been duly noted... and they still don't hold water to why Mike should not be here going forward.

  10. #25
    Member NYKLiFER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx,
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    7

    Default What?

    Originally Posted by TakMan
    Anyone had a look at how San Antonio and Orlando are performing these days? Surely both their coaches need to be sacked instantly considering they are playing against far easier teams than the Knicks did, with home court advantage, no injury worries, and have a backbone that has played together for years. Surely that then means that Van Gundy and Popovich are well below D'Antoni in the coaching league.

    I don't see why people are isolating the Knicks sweep to one person. Had the refs not been complete c*nts in the first two games a lot of people would not have bothered posting on this forum. You will also be the same people to slam the next coach when the team isn't performing as you expect even if there are many other factors to take into consideration.
    aRE Are you serious this coach sucks period anyone can see that Moron Do you even know what a coaches job consist of and has he done any of it beside draw x and o's on offense whatever your clueless why dont you take your phoenix ass back to phoenix and take ya bum azz coach with ya ....

  11. #26
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Cp3+Amare+Melo with vets like Przybilla,Mohammed, and Grant Hill etc along with Fields+TD would be enough to win a championship. Jeffries, Williams, and Carter will all be cheap. In order for the Hornets to trade CP3 they need to trade him to a team that he actually wants to go to (that is the reason why Melo is not on the Nets right now) and he's been wanting to team up with Melo and Amare since last summer. All the posts i see you write are negative and most of the time are bashing Melo and saying that he is lazy, overrated blah blah blah. Now you say that we are going to keep getting eliminated in the first round and that we will never win a championship GTFOH.
    Fields and TD will be gone in order for us to sign CP3. There isn't enough cap space to resign Fields and keep Douglas + sign CP3. Jeffries, Williams and Carter will not sign minimum 1 year deals multiple years in a row. They are all expiring deals THIS year. We cannot afford to sign them to multiple year deals if we plan to sign CP3 in 2012. Williams deserves a multiple year deal worth more than the minimum. He will be gone next year.

    While CP3 may demand the Knicks, we still don't have anything to trade. If you noticed, Melo demanded the Knicks and we still gave up half our roster to get him. What do you think we have to trade to get CP3? We don't have any draft picks. What then?

    If you want to keep telling yourself that we'll get CP3 and build a championship caliber team around CP3, Melo and Amare, go ahead. There is no reason to be angry at me for telling you the truth. The numbers don't lie. I'm sorry the facts don't agree with you. Just ignore me and the facts. Ok?

    Otherwise prove me wrong. Prove the cap numbers wrong. It's really quite simple. Look up the numbers yourself and tell me how we can sign CP3 in 2012? Or how we can trade for him next year? Please provide a plausible and realistic plan that works financially. I have yet to see anybody actually provide any numbers that work. Not one. Just people telling me to shut up for providing the numbers that don't quite fit their fantasies.

  12. #27
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Thumbs up

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Fields and TD will be gone in order for us to sign CP3. There isn't enough cap space to resign Fields and keep Douglas + sign CP3. Jeffries, Williams and Carter will not sign minimum 1 year deals multiple years in a row. They are all expiring deals THIS year. We cannot afford to sign them to multiple year deals if we plan to sign CP3 in 2012. Williams deserves a multiple year deal worth more than the minimum. He will be gone next year.

    While CP3 may demand the Knicks, we still don't have anything to trade. If you noticed, Melo demanded the Knicks and we still gave up half our roster to get him. What do you think we have to trade to get CP3? We don't have any draft picks. What then?

    If you want to keep telling yourself that we'll get CP3 and build a championship caliber team around CP3, Melo and Amare, go ahead. There is no reason to be angry at me for telling you the truth. The numbers don't lie. I'm sorry the facts don't agree with you. Just ignore me and the facts. Ok?

    Otherwise prove me wrong. Prove the cap numbers wrong. It's really quite simple. Look up the numbers yourself and tell me how we can sign CP3 in 2012? Or how we can trade for him next year? Please provide a plausible and realistic plan that works financially. I have yet to see anybody actually provide any numbers that work. Not one. Just people telling me to shut up for providing the numbers that don't quite fit their fantasies.
    Because we have the great player coach- CP3 will take less to play with us.

    In fact, Melo and Stat will restructure their contract- take less also to make it work.

    Who wouldn't want to play for D'Antoni? Players love him, they'll be lining up to join our dominant squad.

    Who wouldn't want to compromise their earnings to be on a team with no practices or defensive responsibilities. They'll draw up a play in the parking lot, discuss it, and

    Bam! 60 wins!


    LOLOLLOLOLOO!

  13. #28
    Member SoCal KnicksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Because we have the great player coach- CP3 will take less to play with us.

    In fact, Melo and Stat will restructure their contract- take less also to make it work.

    Who wouldn't want to play for D'Antoni? Players love him, they'll be lining up to join our dominant squad.

    Who wouldn't want to compromise their earnings to be on a team with no practices or defensive responsibilities. They'll draw up a play in the parking lot, discuss it, and

    Bam! 60 wins!



    LOLOLLOLOLOO!
    I just coughed up my beer reading this LMFAO

  14. #29
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Grizzles have something we don't have....(kinda because of our coach) which is size.

    I didn't like Truffle Shuffle when he was here, but that's cuz they tried to play him with a bigger Truffle Shuffle. He's a beast and when he has a legit Center to back him up, is super effective. No one in the west can guard him in ISO.

    I think D'Antoni doesn't fit this roster that would be my main reason for removing him.

  15. #30
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    if we somehow steal a Pick and roll PG that could change however.

Similar Threads

  1. Fire D'Antoni!
    By Red in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 308
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2012, 10:38
  2. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 16:27
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 10:40
  4. When will Dolan threaten to fire D'antoni?
    By knicksin60 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Nov 11, 2010, 15:56
  5. NOW Mike D'Antoni doesnt believe in Duhon
    By StreetDreams21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2009, 15:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •