Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 80

Thread: Mike forced to conform. Adding DEFENSIVE asst.

  1. #16
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Now you feel appropriate to hail Mike for being FORCED to accept help towards his deficiency instead of subverting our goals doing things his flawed way?

    Way to spin things and remain humble... a simple I'm glad would do.

    And of course you think you deserve credit.

    N*gga please, this just underscores the knowledgeable view points, you didn't share when defending him.

    And I'm not referring to when you straddled the fence, I'm referring to when you refused to recognize. This is a further example of your refusal to admit the truth and spin things to fit your point.

    I'm well aware. Trust me. This is a "Mike isn't doing a good job" referendum, not a "see Mike knows wassup" moment.

    If anything myself and others have a right to say "we told you so"...
    Your rep futher tanks as a result. Spin doc's are out!
    Awww...

    Baby angry because he was shown wrong?

    It's okay man...

    You really need to take a chill pill. I wasn't taking credit, I wasn't attacking anyone. You just took it way too personal. Living life like that will cause an early heart attack. It's a message board, chill out.

  2. #17
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Mike doesn't want a defensive assistant because he's totally happy with his "yes men" on the sidelines with him. MDA knows if he's forced to add a defensive coach he'll have to STFU 50% of the time and listen to reason.

    Defensive coach: "ok guys bring it in... were going to..." (whatever the gameplan is)

    MDA: "I don't understand"

    D coach: "What is it?"

    MDA: "Why isn't X player in your scheme right now?"

    D coach: "Because Y player matches up better defensively"

    MDA: "But X player can shoot really good"

    D coach: "its ok Mike, just come up with a final play on offense"

    MDA: "These guys already know to shoot it if they're open"

    D coach: "oooo k" (inner confusion)


    Hopefully at this point the D coach will be making trips to the front office to talk about the simple strategies on offense. (that's my pipe dream i guess)

  3. #18
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Now you feel appropriate to hail Mike for being FORCED to accept help towards his deficiency instead of subverting our goals doing things his flawed way?

    Way to spin things and remain humble... a simple I'm glad would do.

    And of course you think you deserve credit.

    N*gga please, this just underscores the knowledgeable view points, you didn't share when defending him.

    And I'm not referring to when you straddled the fence, I'm referring to when you refused to recognize. This is a further example of your refusal to admit the truth and spin things to fit your point.

    I'm well aware. Trust me. This is a "Mike isn't doing a good job" referendum, not a "see Mike knows wassup" moment.

    If anything myself and others have a right to say "we told you so"...
    Your rep futher tanks as a result. Spin doc's are out!
    Whoa guy relax before you burst a blood vessel. I merely pointed out that I suggested this weeks ago. (fact) I was attacked for doing so.(fact) Those attackers said MDA would never allow it and cited his departure in Phoenix. (fact) MDA is allowing it and does not look to be leaving.(fact) Those who attacked me were wrong. (fact)

    Simmer dunny...

  4. #19
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Mike doesn't want a defensive assistant because he's totally happy with his "yes men" on the sidelines with him. MDA knows if he's forced to add a defensive coach he'll have to STFU 50% of the time and listen to reason.

    Defensive coach: "ok guys bring it in... were going to..." (whatever the gameplan is)

    MDA: "I don't understand"

    D coach: "What is it?"

    MDA: "Why isn't X player in your scheme right now?"

    D coach: "Because Y player matches up better defensively"

    MDA: "But X player can shoot really good"

    D coach: "its ok Mike, just come up with a final play on offense"

    MDA: "These guys already know to shoot it if they're open"

    D coach: "oooo k" (inner confusion)


    Hopefully at this point the D coach will be making trips to the front office to talk about the simple strategies on offense. (that's my pipe dream i guess)
    What I find interesting is some people (not you specifically) talk about the "Yes Men" aspect but in the same breath beg for Herb Williams (one of the alleged Yes Men) to become head coach.

    If MDA goes, so too should his whole staff. That includes Herb Williams. I don't really believe in firing a head coach and retaining assistants - for the most part.

  5. #20
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Awww...

    Baby angry because he was shown wrong?

    It's okay man...

    You really need to take a chill pill. I wasn't taking credit, I wasn't attacking anyone. You just took it way too personal. Living life like that will cause an early heart attack. It's a message board, chill out.
    How can I be angry at getting what I want? I just know how to tell the truth and see through bullsh*t. I wish I could say the same about you and others.

    Doesn't matter though. I have a singular goal, rid me of Mike. This is another step in that direction. It indicates what we've said here for years.

    After a shortended season, that's it for him. If he wants to adapt and we achieve, I'm good with that, but my memory works fine, and so does my ability to give credit when due.

    You and Trill get absolutely no props in comparison to the "novice" view points and assessments made.

    That being Defense wins, Mike doesn't measure up, a change is needed. You weren't saying that. So toot your horn when appropriate.

  6. #21
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Whoa guy relax before you burst a blood vessel. I merely pointed out that I suggested this weeks ago. (fact) I was attacked for doing so.(fact) Those attackers said MDA would never allow it and cited his departure in Phoenix. (fact) MDA is allowing it and does not look to be leaving.(fact) Those who attacked me were wrong. (fact)

    Simmer dunny...
    But that's just it. The Details suggest- Mike ISN'T ALLOWING ANYTHING- its an ultimatum.

  7. #22
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    What I find interesting is some people (not you specifically) talk about the "Yes Men" aspect but in the same breath beg for Herb Williams (one of the alleged Yes Men) to become head coach.

    If MDA goes, so too should his whole staff. That includes Herb Williams. I don't really believe in firing a head coach and retaining assistants - for the most part.
    I wanted Herb gone a looooooooong time ago. I always felt he added no value to the team. He's been here so long under constant losing and has never been mentioned (to my knowledge) as being anything more than an assistant. My friends think he has some dirt on Dolan which is why he's included on every new coaching staff.

  8. #23
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I wanted Herb gone a looooooooong time ago. I always felt he added no value to the team. He's been here so long under constant losing and has never been mentioned (to my knowledge) as being anything more than an assistant. My friends think he has some dirt on Dolan which is why he's included on every new coaching staff.
    Agreed - he deserved to be booted after that abysmal head coaching run he had...embarrassing, no offensive OR defensive scheme whatsoever.

  9. #24
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    But that's just it. The Details suggest- Mike ISN'T ALLOWING ANYTHING- its an ultimatum.
    Right, you and others pointed out he left Phoenix for that same ultimatum as reason why it won't happen here. You and others were wrong as it appears he is accepting that to stay in NYC. BTW, his acceptance should be yet another sign of his evolution and desire to be in NYC.

  10. #25
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Right, you and others pointed out he left Phoenix for that same ultimatum as reason why it won't happen here. You and others were wrong as it appears he is accepting that to stay in NYC. BTW, his acceptance should be yet another sign of his evolution and desire to be in NYC.
    Agreed - his acceptance (as opposed to taking the other side of the ultimatum) shows his desire to adapt and to attempt to win with this team that he has now, and improve himself as a coach.

    I don't see how this is a negative, at all, on MDA...

  11. #26
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Right, you and others pointed out he left Phoenix for that same ultimatum as reason why it won't happen here. You and others were wrong as it appears he is accepting that to stay in NYC. BTW, his acceptance should be yet another sign of his evolution and desire to be in NYC.
    That's fair as was an assumption based on his past.

    And the PHX decision (no decision) wasn't an ultimatum. He chose to walk away.

    This is more of a subvertive move- this is what we are doing, like it or not.

  12. #27
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Best Knicks related news since we got Melo..

  13. #28
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Its about time his stubborn ass loosens up no homo

    But its only because Donnie Walsh is being more assertive



    Glad you added 'no homo' man!

    Otherwise it would have been a weird comment to say the least

  14. #29
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    This is FANTASTIC news. I think MDA's offensive system CAN work but it needs to be implemented with a defensive minded piece. This D Coach should not necessarily be someone who is going to re-tool the entire team, but someone that can get these guys to make some key stops.

    D'ants decision to adhere with the big-wigs show's some personal growth, tho i imagine he is not entirely enthralled about having someone else brought into 'his' team. I am thinking that Amar'e and Melo will also be consulted on the choice.

  15. #30
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Hey I believe this story because not for nothing mda is between a rock and a hard place. Right now the Knicks have amare who arguably is the best scorer he ever worked with on the suns and Melo who is a top 10 player in the league. He is also making 6 million. It doesn't get better for him than this and yet everyone says he can't coach defense and then the Knicks get swept and the celtics mocks his teams defense.

    So where is he planning on going to? The GSW? Please that is another hachet job team that will require time to become a contender and even that is not a absolute possibility either.

    He has to agree to a defensive assistant because there are Coaches who would take his job in a second and there are no better options for him out there. I mean realistically the suns may have won it all if they had played some defense. If he leaves and the Knicks win it all with the next coach who has them play defense he will look like a sucker.

Similar Threads

  1. Can We Win w/ D'Antoni
    By BleedOrange&Blue in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: Nov 27, 2011, 13:33
  2. This Is Why We Need A New Coach.
    By Red in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: Apr 27, 2011, 07:43
  3. Replies: 115
    Last Post: Apr 24, 2011, 05:33
  4. MIKE D plays DEFENSIVE Players so STOPPP THE NONSENSE.
    By DontForgetDerekHarper in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: Jan 18, 2011, 11:25
  5. Mike D'Antoni The Meter Is Running
    By KNICKMATIC809 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: Apr 28, 2010, 19:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •