Z-Bo and Jamal

Kiyaman

Legend
The Performance of Gasol, Zach, and Battier are KEEPERS

The First game of Memphis vs OKC .......Headcoach Hollins Strategy to
win the series vs the 1 seeded Spurs team was great and upsetting.
But damn! Props have to go out to the strategic moves Hollins used
on OKC in their first game of the series....it was just OUTSTANDING-Coaching!!!

Perkins having all kinds of problems with Gasol on the glass
Ibaka & Perkins cant stop Zach
Durant is trying every trick in his book on defenders Battier & Tony Allen
Sef & Harding were being presured by Mayo & Tony Allan
Westbrook had problems passing in Memphis tight team-defense,
plus Conley speed and dribble kept Westbrook outside the 3-ball line so
Westbrook couldnt double-team or be a help defender on any Memphis players.
GREAT Strategic coaching.....knowing your oponents strong & weak areas

Kiyaman

Legend
We dont wont to recall all of the foolishness of this Knicks Franchise
since the offseason we traded Ewing and drafted Weis over Artest.
And only a FOOL would think Walsh decision-making was better than
Laydum and hated Isiah Thomas.
Walsh decision-making has been as stupid as Clippers GM Dunleavy
and GS GM Chris Mullin

Zach & Crawful will not be the only one to prove Walsh is an IDIOT
who shouldve retired when headcoach Larry Bird quit the Pacers...

We dont wont to recall all of the foolishness of this Knicks Franchise
since the offseason we traded Ewing and drafted Weis over Artest.
And only a FOOL would think Walsh decision-making was better than
Laydum and hated Isiah Thomas.
Walsh decision-making has been as stupid as Clippers GM Dunleavy
and GS GM Chris Mullin

Zach & Crawful will not be the only one to prove Walsh is an IDIOT

who shouldve retired when headcoach Larry Bird quit the Pacers...
How is the guy that got rid of all of Isiah's bad contracts an idiot? Walsh never hired a 400 pound center that doesn't play defense a max contract, never gave Jeffries a ridiculously big contract, never gave Jerome James a max contract, and never traded for Marbury's enormous contract that Phoenix thought they were stuck with and thought no one would take. Your cuckoo for coco puffs if you would rather have Isiah than Walsh.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I was in amazement of the Grizzlies play against OKC. That's a team with a plan. You can see the coaching of Lionel Hollins shining through.

I was in amazement of the Grizzlies play against OKC. That's a team with a plan. You can see the coaching of Lionel Hollins shining through.

Agree with you.

I'd like to see coach Hollins in New York, seems to be a tough guy who sticks to his plan and doesn't give a damn about superstars or the media. He manhandled Iverson and calls his players by their full name, he yelled 'Mike Conley' at Conley and he immediately approached his coach at the sideline to receive his orders. That's what i call respect!

Mike wants to be friends with his players and basically lets them decide what to do, at least with the superstars. Has he ever called out STAT for his defense or defensive rebounding?

back to topic: Any chance the Grizz might copy us and go to the Finals as 8th seed?

I think they have a chance to beat OKC 4-2 or 4-3.
Is Vazquez a rookie? He's impressive and I like his spirit, stepping up when it matters most.

tiger0330

Legend
Beating the Spurs looks like it was Mem was too good not that SA was too old now that they took one of the youngest and most talented teams in the NBA to school. I am shocked they took game 1 in OKC that's a tough place for a road team to get a W.

Still hard for me to imagine Mem as an 8 seed going to the show but good luck to them, it will be a hell of a story if they make it to the finals.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I did not read the whole thread but both did not fail in NYC.

Zbo was playing great but had a bad contract so he was traded in order to free up space.

Jamal had brilliant stretches in NYC but is best suited coming off the bench. Jamal's problem in NYC was that he thought he was a star and is only now thriving in the right role as an energy player surrounded by strong franchise players that can keep his ego in check.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
IMO this problem concerns Mike's personnel decisions, he's the one who mostly decides whom he recommends to have on his roster, we don't even have to look back to 2008 or 2009, let's take a look at Anthony Randolph we traded to the Wolves this season:
AR.jpg

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
IMO this problem concerns Mike's personnel decisions, he's the one who mostly decides whom he recommends to have on his roster, we don't even have to look back to 2008 or 2009, let's take a look at Anthony Randolph we traded to the Wolves this season:
AR.jpg

So would you rather have Zbo and Crawford or Amare and MELO?

nyk_nyk

All Star
So would you rather have Zbo and Crawford or Amare and MELO?

I think Dzwonsson's point is that we mostly cater to the players MDA feels comfortable with (mainly offense) instead of acquiring or keeping players that balance out the teams offense/defense.

IMO that's the point he's trying to make but he can correct me if I'm wrong.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I just did want to mention under our current coaching stuff it is almost impossible to discover player's talent and ability to improve. MDA is known of willingness to have a player, that we could call a 'final product'. And therefore I was not surprised it seems some of our former players improved well enough to become valuable parts of the organizations they have been traded to. Their new coaches saw their potential and gave them a chance and that's what almost never happens under Mike, who prefers to bench a player he doesn't feel comfortable with.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Why did both fail in New York?

Z-Bo just lifted Memphis over the Spurs in a fantastic playoff series. He's putting up 20-10 for years, a true double double machine, good jump shot, good at posting up and a determined competitor.

Zach Randolph was always an elite power forward. He doesn't play defense, but he does everything else.

People just kept criticizing him, because they wanted him to be God.

Randolph can't lead a team by himself. He needs help. In Memphis, he has the help needed to win games(Gasol, Conley, Allen, Battier, Gay-when healthy). That's what he needed in New York, but all he had was Quentin Richardson, Eddy Curry, and Mardy Collins.

I was supportive of Randolph the entire time he was on the Knicks, and people kept giving me a hard time about it.

I guess now you guys see what me, Kiyaman, and Kingstarbury saw in Zach Randolph.

I was not a big fan of Jamal Crawford, and I'm still not. But I always mentioned how he was a good shooter and deserved to stay on the team.
Like Randolph, he doesn't play defense, but he can score in bunches.

It's the same thing with Stephon Marbury. People wanted him to be God.
Seriously, not even Michael Jordan himself could have been successful with a frontcourt of Quentin Richardson, Channing Frye, and Eddy Curry. That had nothing to do with Marbury.

I was never a fan of trying to buy a championship. I wanted the Knicks to build up their team little by little.

But I still like Stoudemire, Anthony, and Billups. I just want Antoni off the team.

Good post abcd.

Agree with you on everything, except Billups. I must admit he didn't play much, but I'm not convinced he's what we need at this stage of his career. He's pretty much a volume shooter these days and not as good of a playmaker as I thought.

I hope you guys are right (those who support him) and he'll have a good overall season in 2011-2012!

I'd rather see him putting up 16 ppg and 8 apg than 20 ppg and 5 apg on erratic shooting.

KBlack25

Starter
Good post abcd.

Agree with you on everything, except Billups. I must admit he didn't play much, but I'm not convinced he's what we need at this stage of his career. He's pretty much a volume shooter these days and not as good of a playmaker as I thought.

I hope you guys are right (those who support him) and he'll have a good overall season in 2011-2012!

I'd rather see him putting up 16 ppg and 8 apg than 20 ppg and 5 apg on erratic shooting.

The tricky thing with Billups is - at the very least he is a name. We can move him as a trade chip for something better (his 14.2 mil expiring is a pretty huge trade chip)...if he can stay on the floor, we could flip him around for something nice, especially if he gets inflated stats playing with Amare and Carmelo.

Also: I am very surprised (even more than I was before) at how many people supported Z-Bo...I thought I was in the minority, but I guess it was a silent majority that supported the guy.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Actually a lot of Knicks fans (me included) were a bit more silent those dark days... I didn't even know about place like this where I could have a talk on our team with other fans. And maybe that's why you didn't realize some people supported ZR as well...

edit: now I'm quite sure Berman reads this forum, we started discussing our trade possibilities in the upcoming 2011/12 season, Berman writes about that the next day, now we're talking about 'what could happen if we kept Randolph and Crawford' and Berman posted an article concerning the same issues on his Knicks blog just two hours ago. :lol:

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
Green rep for ABCD's post

That was about as on point as it gets

And i just wanted to add

who saw Randolph son the sh*t outta kendikk Jerkins?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213460/Durant_Randolph_Best_Power_Forward_In_League

Kevin Durant declared Zach Randolph the best forward in the league.

"You can?t stop him," Durant said. "He?s an animal . . . He?s the best power forward in the league."

Kendrick Perkins didn?t rubber stamp that endorsement. Perkins declined to name his top power forward, but it?s not Randolph.

?If he says so,? Perkins said about Durant?s opinion. ?I don?t agree . . . I?m not going to give my opposing opponent the credit that I got to go against. So if Kevin says (Randolph is) the best power forward, then that?s Kevin?s opinion.??

After being told in a news conference about Durant?s compliment, Randolph said, ?Oh, yeah, I got to agree with that. Thanks, KD. I appreciate it.? Randolph also said that, overall, ?I don?t get lot of respect that I deserve.??

Certainly not from Perkins. Informed what the Boston big man had said, the 6-9, 255-pound Randolph told FOXSports.com:

?Perk?s good, but all Perk can do is foul me. That?s the only thing he can do. The best thing about his defense on me is to foul me . . . He can?t (stop Randolph). He?s too slow. He?s a big body. He can foul.

?I don?t think nobody in the league can stop me. Not only Perk. I tell Perk to his face. I already told him before.??

:lol::lol::lol:

I believe Zach too he'd snuff the sh*t outta perkins if he stepped to him

They played pretty well with us. In fact, I think we could have gone far with them. When they started clicking together they were traded and the excuse giving was their high contracts. I know it had alot to do with coaches inability to coach players that didn't really fit his system, but that to me was the real problem. You have to be able to adapt and use who you have to their best potential. Coach is not good at this. These 2 guys went to 2 separate teams and excell within those respected systems in no time. Gelling is not just a player thing...you also have to be feeling your coach.

KBlack25

Starter
They played pretty well with us. In fact, I think we could have gone far with them. When they started clicking together they were traded and the excuse giving was their high contracts. I know it had alot to do with coaches inability to coach players that didn't really fit his system, but that to me was the real problem. You have to be able to adapt and use who you have to their best potential. Coach is not good at this. These 2 guys went to 2 separate teams and excell within those respected systems in no time. Gelling is not just a player thing...you also have to be feeling your coach.

You're right.

Trading Jamal and Zach Randolph had nothing to do with going after any of the guys in the free agent class of 2010 as well as getting out from under salary cap hell and had everything to do with the coach.

****ing idiot.