Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 110

Thread: Z-Bo and Jamal

  1. #46
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    The reason why Z-bo and Jamal didn't work in NY is Isiah, Antoni, and the fact that we didnt have a defensive presence down low bottomline
    *Fixed

    It was Isiah that made the trade for Starbury

    Antoni never had any interest in playing Starbury and put Donnie G in an awkward situation.

    Real NY Baller has somewhat of a point, Dantoni is somewhat stubborn and only wants players that fit his system. Even if there wasnt no 2010, I believe that Dantoni woulda at least wanted ZBo gone but probably not crawford

  2. #47
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    *Fixed

    It was Isiah that made the trade for Starbury

    Antoni never had any interest in playing Starbury and put Donnie G in an awkward situation.

    Real NY Baller has somewhat of a point, Dantoni is somewhat stubborn and only wants players that fit his system. Even if there wasnt no 2010, I believe that Dantoni woulda at least wanted ZBo gone but probably not crawford
    If there wasn't 2010 - he wouldn't have wanted Z-Bo gone for what we got for him, especially at around .500 (where we were when they were traded). This is the way things are done in the NBA, 2008 didn't represent a new coach, it represented a new, non-Isiah regime...and Donnie looked to purge us of the Isiah cancer and get out from the salary cap hell we were embroiled in. I SUPPORTED Zach Randolph, but the fact is he made WAY too much dough for what he brought to the table, and Donnie and this organization wanted to attain cap flexibility. Which meant guys with bloated contracts, from Steph to ZBo to James to Curry had to go - that's how we were planning to rebuild. It didn't matter WHO the coach was, the regime was changing, Isiah was out, and a new one came in. The coach personally had very little to do with it, whether it was MDA or JVG or Herb Williams or Whoopi freakin Goldberg, the regime had changed, we were never winning a title with Zach, Jamal, Curry and no ability to sign any meaningful free agents and DONNIE hit the reset button.

    Real NY Baller has no point, he never has, never will. He is creating a straw man to get over his obsession with a guy he claims to hate but can't help but bring up.

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Further more, the most successful/richest people in the world speak Hebrew, Arabic and Mandarin...many of them don't even speak a lick of English, so trash the false superiority act and stay on topic and stop showing your age and slip.
    You do realize that of the five richest people in the world: one is Mexican, three are from the United States, one is French, right? None of them speak the languages you listed...

    You ramble on and on about your superior intellect and how you operate on another level. Cut the "superiority" bull**** you accuse me of and recognize that there are absolutely no facts to back up your assertion. Show me FACTS that support what you are claiming...until then you can take your conspiracy theories, inferior intellect and thoughtless hypothesis out of my face...It's obvious what you are doing, fabricating a large-scale conspiracy to throw MDA under the bus. Fact is 2008-2010 were years to rebuild, years when wins were not as important as getting under the cap (hence, the McGrady trade where we gave up draft picks) - it didn't matter who was here, the goal was to get below the cap, period. That's why Zach and Jamal, who both played well, had to go.

    Donnie and MDA came here to purge this organization of Isiah, the same way Isiah attempted to purge this organization of Scott Layden...that's how it's done when you are rebuilding a crappy team. That's how it's always been done. You are wrong, just man up and accept you are not operating on a higher level than anyone out here...
    Last edited by KBlack25; May 03, 2011 at 18:12.

  3. #48
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    propaganda...lol

    Real NY Baller has no point, he never has, never will. He is creating a straw man to get over his obsession with a guy he claims to hate but can't help but bring up.


    You see what I mean? you're sucking your thumb right here. If not, then you're a D'ant supporter. but i'm cool with that, it's your right.



    You do realize that of the five richest people in the world: one is Mexican, three are from the United States, one is French, right? None of them speak the languages you listed...

    I don't speak none of them either, i see you missed my point, but what's yours? meh...it don't matter...

    You ramble on and on about your superior intellect and how you operate on another level. Cut the "superiority" bull**** you accuse me of and recognize that there are absolutely no facts to back up your assertion. Show me FACTS that support what you are claiming...until then you can take your conspiracy theories, inferior intellect and thoughtless hypothesis out of my face...It's obvious what you are doing, fabricating a large-scale conspiracy to throw MDA under the bus. Fact is 2008-2010 were years to rebuild, years when wins were not as important as getting under the cap (hence, the McGrady trade where we gave up draft picks) - it didn't matter who was here, the goal was to get below the cap, period. That's why Zach and Jamal, who both played well, had to go.

    I operate on another level? hmmm... and you say I'm conspiring..haha. You just don't like my opinions and distrust in coach and can't handle it. No need to go waggin ur lil' willie around pretending you're not using some lame reverse psyc. I see what ur doing. Everyone already knows the goal was made because the team was giving to D'Ant. He failed and you want me to still support him? nadda chance

  4. #49
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    \


    I operate on another level? hmmm... and you say I'm conspiring..haha. You just don't like my opinions and distrust in coach and can't handle it. No need to go waggin ur lil' willie around pretending you're not using some lame reverse psyc. I see what ur doing. Everyone already knows the goal was made because the team was giving to D'Ant. He failed and you want me to still support him? nadda chance
    You can have your opinions fine...but you present them as fact without bringing any facts, proof or evidence to the table. You don't have to support the coach, or the team, or anyone for that matter...that's fine.

    But if you are saying that the reason Z-Bo and Jamal were sent packing had everything to do with the coach and nothing to do with the new management in the organization attempting to rebuild (something every piece of empirical evidence has pointed to) then bring some FACTS to the table directly supporting your hypothesis...

    You want me to respect your opinion or take your opinion seriously? Show me even low-grade elementary school English and MAYBE I'll start to believe you aren't just making **** up to support your own pointless, useless and baseless diatribe.

  5. #50
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    If there wasn't 2010 - he wouldn't have wanted Z-Bo gone for what we got for him, especially at around .500 (where we were when they were traded). This is the way things are done in the NBA, 2008 didn't represent a new coach, it represented a new, non-Isiah regime...and Donnie looked to purge us of the Isiah cancer and get out from the salary cap hell we were embroiled in. I SUPPORTED Zach Randolph, but the fact is he made WAY too much dough for what he brought to the table, and Donnie and this organization wanted to attain cap flexibility. Which meant guys with bloated contracts, from Steph to ZBo to James to Curry had to go - that's how we were planning to rebuild. It didn't matter WHO the coach was, the regime was changing, Isiah was out, and a new one came in. The coach personally had very little to do with it, whether it was MDA or JVG or Herb Williams or Whoopi freakin Goldberg, the regime had changed, we were never winning a title with Zach, Jamal, Curry and no ability to sign any meaningful free agents and DONNIE hit the reset button.

    Real NY Baller has no point, he never has, never will. He is creating a straw man to get over his obsession with a guy he claims to hate but can't help but bring up.
    Yea but cant u argue ZBo is just as good as Amare? if u replace Zbo with Amare on the Grizzlies, i think they would probably still be where there at right now. I dont think they'd be doing any better or worse.

    And just because u got a new coach and gm doesnt mean u blow up the entire team. I think it was smart to get rid of Crawford and even Starbury, but im not so sure about ZBo. His deal with the knicks was less then what Amare makes now but he appears to be more durable. I see people on here and other message boards constantly questioning how well Amare's knee's will hold up over the next 3 to 4 years.

    It was very clear what the goal was for the knicks, to clear capspace. I think someone somewhere along the ways underestimated Zachs talent. Everyone just assumed he was a selfish guy on a team full of selfish players.

    We'll never know for sure but I still say it woulda been unlikely for Dantoni to keep ZBo and again the regime argument u made really doesnt mean anything to me. I respect your opinion but I dont believe u clean house just because u got rid of an idiot gm/coach (Isiah), and this is still speakin hypothetically as if there was no such thing as 2010. You evaluate the talent, and see who your gonna keep and who your not gonna keep. Zbo is not a hybrid type player.

    All any of us can do is speculate, unless Mike D drops a book we'll never know his intentions or Walsh's intentions. And i could really care less what any of them think, at the end of the day i just wanna see our knicks win a 'ship.

    I thought Real NY Baller brought up an interesting...uhh conspiracy, not sure what to really call it, with Z-Bo. I dont agree with him about Crawford because Crawford is a Mike D type player. Is there any solid proof that Dantoni can coach players that dont fit his system?

    Lets look at the Suns, they had players like

    Raja bell
    The Matrix
    Nash
    Amare
    Channing Frye
    Boris Diaw
    Joe Johnson
    Grant Hill

    Most of these guys are athletic and capable of playing multiple positions.

    What happened when they added Shaq to the team?

    They lost in the 1st round (Shaq still put up over 15 and 9) to the Spurs (4 games to 1), which led to Dantoni leaving the Suns after the 08 playoffs. Steve Kerr really ****ed sh*t up when he traded the Matrix for Shaq. But at the end of the day, whos fault it is? Is it Mike D's fault? Steve Kerrs fault? or the teams fault?

    As u probably already know, I blame Steve Kerr (cuz i said it in the last paragraph lol). His famous words backed fire on him. I think he said something like "If this works Im a genius. If it doesnt im an idiot." Thats right Steve kerr your a ****in idiot. Another thing that the Suns 5 game 1st round exit can be blamed on is Shaq only had 28 games with the suns before the season began. In those 28 games he averaged about 13 points and 10.6 rebounds.

    The following year, after Dantoni left, Shaq averaged 17.8 points and 8.4 rebounds while shooting almost 60%.

    All im trying to prove is that if u wanted to make an argument that Dantoni cant guard players that fit his style, you can. I dont necessarily believe that but I see that side of it. Theres always alotta things that need to be taken into consideration. Shaq is just one example of a non-Dantoni type player that didnt really fit into his style, or that Dantoni failed to adapt his style for depending on how u look at it. Hes really the only example i can think of off top.

    *edit*

    Ok I saw you acknowledged that fact that Real NY Baller is allowed to have his opinions, I was sorta sticking up for him even though I dont really know him to well and Im still cool with u, i got nothin against u breh. I just thought to be honest that it seemed like both of u thought your opinions were facts.

  6. #51
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    If you replace ZBo with Amare on the Grizz, of course the Grizz would be where they are.

    But if we kept ZBo without Amare I don't think we are where we are right now...and that includes not having Carmelo.

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    And just because u got a new coach and gm doesnt mean u blow up the entire team.
    Yes, but most of the time it DOES mean that. Especially when the team was as bad as they were the last few years. Get rid of the Isiah cancer pieces...that was and always was the goal. Do you honestly believe that Donnie Walsh in here with any other coach wouldn't have moved Steph, JAmal and ZBo to get under the cap?

    The Jamal trade for nothing - as you said - is not indicative of the coach having his way, but getting under the cap.

    The Jeffries deal - Jeffries is obviously a guy MDA loves (for some reason) - along with picks for an expiring McGrady to get under the cap - is indicative of that rebuilding strategy.

  7. #52
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Jamal still is mr mediocre, look at his PER this year. He shoots you into or out of games. Not sad we lost him at all.

    Z-bo fell into a great situation where he was the #1 scorer and didn't really have the same defensive responsibilities cuz of Marc Gasol. Think about it, all of Memphis' wing players are gritty defenders that don't really have any responsibilites on offense other than hit an open shot every now and then. When he was on the Knicks we had to try to get Curry, Marbury, Jamal, Nate shots.....His man d still sucks but he seems to try with the help d now. He didn't improve that much, he's just in a great situation. He is a very good player, just doesn't work in the wrong situation.

    By the way i love the way the Grizzlies play. They win by size and physical defense...kinda reminds me of the 90's knicks

  8. #53
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Eddy and Zach, just wasn't meant to be.

    Craw had great moments, yet had a knack for taking some really bad shots and playing no defense. He tried but got abused as a Knick on that end of the court.

    I also don't feel its any secret that they got traded because Donnie was hired and said 2010 is the best FA class ever and the Knicks had to be part of that.

    Also at the time neither were close to winners and Zach would have made 17MIL which is max money and Donnie felt a lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amare was worth that but Zach wasn't.

    I'm not one bit upset they are doing well, good for them, but they aren't Knicks and we need to move forward not backwards.

    The focus is getting a big that put Amare back at his natural position and stop the offensive rebounding that simply deflates any kind of defense we may play.

  9. #54
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    If you replace ZBo with Amare on the Grizz, of course the Grizz would be where they are.

    But if we kept ZBo without Amare I don't think we are where we are right now...and that includes not having Carmelo.

    Yes, but most of the time it DOES mean that. Especially when the team was as bad as they were the last few years. Get rid of the Isiah cancer pieces...that was and always was the goal. Do you honestly believe that Donnie Walsh in here with any other coach wouldn't have moved Steph, JAmal and ZBo to get under the cap?

    The Jamal trade for nothing - as you said - is not indicative of the coach having his way, but getting under the cap.

    The Jeffries deal - Jeffries is obviously a guy MDA loves (for some reason) - along with picks for an expiring McGrady to get under the cap - is indicative of that rebuilding strategy.
    You might have a good point with what I bolded. I honestly think ZBo and Amare about equal, but Amare is probably the better fit. I didnt mean to disrespect Amare in any way, hes done a great job of showing leadership in the locker room, off the court, and on offense with the knicks. I cant say defensively but thats ok. Again, Both ZBo and Amare dont play defense but Amare can still block shots which helps. Sounds like a contradiction, I know...but we all know that getting steals and blocks doesnt neccesarrily make someone a good defender.

    Whats the argument for Dantoni not playing Marbury though? Obviously he had plenty of problems in the past but Donnie told him to get in great shape which he did. Dantoni acted like a snake, telling QRich that he was gonna bench Marbury in that first home opener. Then QRich went and told the whole team, everyone knew except Marbury. Thats poor communication and coaching. I could see if we had another good point guard on the team, I'd be willing to buy into the "Marbury is a cancer" argument but Chris ****in Duhon?

    I honestly think the bigger cancers on that team that shoulda been the primary targets for Walsh and Dant to get rid of were QRich, Jerome James, Curry, and Jeffries. I gotta say Crawford too, at that time he was less efficient then he is now, a turnover prone chucker that played zero defense. Z-Bo is the one guy that raises questions with me. I just looked at his stats. We were winning games and he was averaging a career high in rebounds. That would be my biggest issue with Walsh is i was anti-Walsh, not gettin more for ZBo even if the deal was mostly made to clear cap space which it was. Zbo for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley? Shoulda got a 1st round pick too

  10. #55
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3

    Whats the argument for Dantoni not playing Marbury though? Obviously he had plenty of problems in the past but Donnie told him to get in great shape which he did. Dantoni acted like a snake, telling QRich that he was gonna bench Marbury in that first home opener. Then QRich went and told the whole team, everyone knew except Marbury. Thats poor communication and coaching. I could see if we had another good point guard on the team, I'd be willing to buy into the "Marbury is a cancer" argument but Chris ****in Duhon?

    I honestly think the bigger cancers on that team that shoulda been the primary targets for Walsh and Dant to get rid of were QRich, Jerome James, Curry, and Jeffries. I gotta say Crawford too, at that time he was less efficient then he is now, a turnover prone chucker that played zero defense. Z-Bo is the one guy that raises questions with me. I just looked at his stats. We were winning games and he was averaging a career high in rebounds. That would be my biggest issue with Walsh is i was anti-Walsh, not gettin more for ZBo even if the deal was mostly made to clear cap space which it was. Zbo for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley? Shoulda got a 1st round pick too

    TBH...I don't know.

    At first I thought, "Well, MDA didn't play Steph b/c he didn't trust him, he didn't think he was a good leader, whatever."

    And then he didn't play Nate after Nate shot at our own hoop and mouthed off when MDA tried to hold him accountable. And I was okay with that, we were winning at that point and I understand punishing a guy for talking back.

    But then Chris Duhon happened to keep getting minutes while Nate sat on the bench. I would have liked to see Jordan Hill get minutes before we moved him. Hughes was sometimes playing, sometimes he wasn't.

    A lot of people on here were anti-QRich, his whole tenure kind of confused me. People accused Q of being MDA's little snitch (even getting the name QSnitch by some on here)...but if MDA and Q were that close, I would think Q would have signed here...

    Look, Jamal is an okay player. That's all he is. He thrives now on an Atlanta team that is deep and insanely athletic. I would never want Crawford to be by #1 or #2 option...but in ATL, he's behind Joe Johnson, Smoove, Horford and has a couple other guys to take the heat off of him...Crawford as a #4 option is solid, nobody can doubt it.

    Overall - I just think when Walsh came in, he knew this was a troubled franchise. It was poisoned so to speak. You are seeing it now in Cleveland, they are just going to dump as many guys as possible and start over, being there from LeBron's blowup versus the Celtics last year (I still cannot wait to know what happened behind the scenes), and then him leaving so publicly...

    The team was toxic. The locker room was toxic. I don't think that the trades were as much of blaming ZBo and Crawford as they were blaming Isiah. Everyone had to go. The reset button had to be hit, the locker room needed resetting...could Marbury have been just casualty #1 in a long hitlist? I am obviously not behind the scenes, I have no idea.

    But it seemed to me like the poison festering in the locker room, the losing culture, the attitude, I think rightly or wrongly Stephon Marbury was Public Enemy #1 - fairly or not, he was dubbed the poster child for everything that was wrong with the organization - and 15 games into the season NY set the tone by beginning to purge us of the bloated contracts to attempt to start over.

    And that's what Walsh did.

    Think about this for a second: The player who has been a Knick longest that is on the team right now is TONEY DOUGLAS. 2010 wasn't just a number, it wasn't one player, it wasn't ever just LeBron.

    It was flexibility, it was about getting rid of basically every person in that locker room who was part of the Isiah-regime. Walsh wanted nothing to do with Isiah's guys - and he sold them, talent-wise for fifteen cents on the dollar.

    Walsh came here in salary cap hell, he made it clear as day from the get-go his goal was to attain flexibility and rebuild from the ground up.

    That's why Zach and Jamal and Steph and James and Curry had to go. Not b/c any of them are bad players or bad people. But because this franchise had to start over. That was always the issue. No coach, in my eyes, would have saved Zach, Jamal or Steph...those guys had a foot out the door once Isiah was relieved of his duties.

  11. #56
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Wow, haha



    I figure you’ll be back, but now it’s clear to me that you don’t want to stay on task and rather make lame attempts at sounding knowledgeable. Why don't you face it, if I didn't make sense you wouldn't even respond to me. I know I wouldn't. But since you can't really dispel my accussations, you’re still tossing around that old ass scratched up English card instead of ignoring my post (as others did). It’s obvious you’re trying to use this card as your source of strengh/intellect because you keep going off topic about BS….even after I showed you how over rated language is, especially on a forum where you clearly understand what I’m saying because you are responding to my post. If I typed my post out in Spanish or in a Nigerian dialect, would that make me look intellectually sound? I'm only here for BBall talk, but first let me put a end to your blind ignorance.

    Ok, I’ll take it there this one time, Mr. English Major. I’ll show you something just this one time because I’m not here for this nonsense.


    Ever wonder about the dumb use of words such as “We drive on the parkway and park in a drive way?” lol. And why does many of the letters in the alphabet sound the same (b,c,d,e,g,p,t,v,z) why are some of the most simplest words spelled wrong, like the word “To” and the word “Do”. Plus there are words that sound the same but have different meanings and are spelled in various ways (two, too, to), (center, centre),etc… this is just a small example of the laziness or lack of creativity. Further more the language is highly contradicting (check link) [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Not only does language separate the masses, it also promotes false outlooks on intellect and present disempowerment. There’s no reason for me to be an English buff, but I do feel I select my words carefully by being mindful and refusing to use certain words in certain ways, I was never a follower.

    IMO, I feel the English language itself was set up to express things in terms of lack-
    EX: “How are you?” You see, this short question already implies that you might not be well. To use the Hopi Indian’s language is to understand that everything is one and inside of you, no need for looking outside of it and the language speaks of no lack…many indigenous languages have no past tense. How about the word “try”, You either can or you can’t…there’s really no such thing of ‘Try”. When speaking, you influence the field around you. Everything is vibration and words do have an impact on your life…probably way more then you know. In some cultures, the verbal sounds are more important then the actual word. This could be an indication of why certain racial groups respond in various ways to certain words and pitches. But, I’m not going to get too deep into that on this board, just thought I point out something before you go reaching for that pokemon card again.

    Lawyers are a prime example of how the language is manipulated. They literally take your words and twist them into something else, they make fortunes doing this. Why the need for having different words with the same meaning? Or having different words that sound the same but spelled differently? Could this be purposely created to cause misunderstanding amongst the people or was it create for a false sense of intelligence when used in debates. I’ve witness numerous times people using “proper English” but the users still were proven wrong or wasted their time trying to be an intellectual in their weak ass diatribes.

    So know you know the reason why I write a certain way. I refuse to use the language as it was intended; still I can get my point across with ease, and flourish in a world of abundance without speaking the language. You do know that the organized learning institutions/schools are there for conditioning, to assimilate the sheep, inspire them to be nothing more then supporters of a corrupt flawed system…that is on the verge of imminent collapse. To expand on that… much of His-story, Science and Math is destined to be revamped and re-taught. These fun facts you can research on your own.

    This should help you in constructing your future post towards me. I care nothing about your overhyped English writing, if I can make out what you are saying, that’s good enough for me. But you want to bash me because I don’t speak your language the way you do. That’s not only arrogance but a clear sign of weakness. I don’t have to prove anything to you; this post is simply FYI in case you think of using another feeble tactic in the future.

    FINALLY, back on topic…

    As for you claiming that I have no proof of what I say…all you need to do is see how those said players were responding to the coach. You’re just using Denzel’s (Training Day) philosophy “It’s not what you know, it’s what you can prove”…haha, whatever.

    Donnie and the rest of the brass had to make a call because we put D’Ant on contract. Zeke was easily the scapegoat because D’ant didn’t have the ability to work with the talent we had. Zeke brought in some nice pieces but a few of them were over priced and it hindered us in acquiring additional pieces due to his inexperience with the books, imho, his only true mistakes. On paper we had talent but it takes the right coach to pull it off, ultimately the whole **** was scraped again. This time the issues clearly lie with the coach. So you can continue with your weak tirade about off topic crap, or ignore my post, my opinions and save yourself the inevitable exposure, half of your ass is already showing…

    I only come here to talk BBall but some here seem to be feeling themselves a bit too much, often ending up in a sticky situation they originally thought they could handle. but, just end up with blurry vision from over stroking the ego. What’s left to do but wash your hands and move on…

    I always stick to the subject matter. Hopefully I will never have to waste my time making another off topic post like this again. Sometimes people need to know how their irrelevant behavior really looks.

  12. #57
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Its not that i disagree with u about Zach, but i dont think i really agree either at the same time. Im on the same page as u with all them other players though, and u did help me reach the conclusion that even though Zach and Amare are about equal all around imo, Amare is a better fit for this team as long as his knees and back hold up.

    I personally think that Dantoni still held a grudge with Marbury from the Phoenix days, and like u said with Marbury being public enemy #1 in New york, that was part of it as well. The fans did chant marburys name in that home opener of 2008 though, even i was surprised but very happy to see that.

    Despite whatever arguments people make on here, because of all the changes the Knicks have been through i still think its only fair that Dantoni gets until the all star break of next season to see what he can do. I think theres some posters that are making good arguments both ways, but at the end of the day people gotta remember that it took miami the whole season before the really started playing well together.

  13. #58
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Wow, haha



    I figure you’ll be back, but now it’s clear to me that you don’t want to stay on task and rather make lame attempts at sounding knowledgeable. Why don't you face it, if I didn't make sense you wouldn't even respond to me. I know I wouldn't. But since you can't really dispel my accussations, you’re still tossing around that old ass scratched up English card instead of ignoring my post (as others did). It’s obvious you’re trying to use this card as your source of strengh/intellect because you keep going off topic about BS….even after I showed you how over rated language is, especially on a forum where you clearly understand what I’m saying because you are responding to my post. If I typed my post out in Spanish or in a Nigerian dialect, would that make me look intellectually sound? I'm only here for BBall talk, but first let me put a end to your blind ignorance.

    Ok, I’ll take it there this one time, Mr. English Major. I’ll show you something just this one time because I’m not here for this nonsense.


    Ever wonder about the dumb use of words such as “We drive on the parkway and park in a drive way?” lol. And why does many of the letters in the alphabet sound the same (b,c,d,e,g,p,t,v,z) why are some of the most simplest words spelled wrong, like the word “To” and the word “Do”. Plus there are words that sound the same but have different meanings and are spelled in various ways (two, too, to), (center, centre),etc… this is just a small example of the laziness or lack of creativity. Further more the language is highly contradicting (check link) [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Not only does language separate the masses, it also promotes false outlooks on intellect and present disempowerment. There’s no reason for me to be an English buff, but I do feel I select my words carefully by being mindful and refusing to use certain words in certain ways, I was never a follower.

    IMO, I feel the English language itself was set up to express things in terms of lack-
    EX: “How are you?” You see, this short question already implies that you might not be well. To use the Hopi Indian’s language is to understand that everything is one and inside of you, no need for looking outside of it and the language speaks of no lack…many indigenous languages have no past tense. How about the word “try”, You either can or you can’t…there’s really no such thing of ‘Try”. When speaking, you influence the field around you. Everything is vibration and words do have an impact on your life…probably way more then you know. In some cultures, the verbal sounds are more important then the actual word. This could be an indication of why certain racial groups respond in various ways to certain words and pitches. But, I’m not going to get too deep into that on this board, just thought I point out something before you go reaching for that pokemon card again.

    Lawyers are a prime example of how the language is manipulated. They literally take your words and twist them into something else, they make fortunes doing this. Why the need for having different words with the same meaning? Or having different words that sound the same but spelled differently? Could this be purposely created to cause misunderstanding amongst the people or was it create for a false sense of intelligence when used in debates. I’ve witness numerous times people using “proper English” but the users still were proven wrong or wasted their time trying to be an intellectual in their weak ass diatribes.

    So know you know the reason why I write a certain way. I refuse to use the language as it was intended; still I can get my point across with ease, and flourish in a world of abundance without speaking the language. You do know that the organized learning institutions/schools are there for conditioning, to assimilate the sheep, inspire them to be nothing more then supporters of a corrupt flawed system…that is on the verge of imminent collapse. To expand on that… much of His-story, Science and Math is destined to be revamped and re-taught. These fun facts you can research on your own.

    This should help you in constructing your future post towards me. I care nothing about your overhyped English writing, if I can make out what you are saying, that’s good enough for me. But you want to bash me because I don’t speak your language the way you do. That’s not only arrogance but a clear sign of weakness. I don’t have to prove anything to you; this post is simply FYI in case you think of using another feeble tactic in the future.

    FINALLY, back on topic…

    As for you claiming that I have no proof of what I say…all you need to do is see how those said players were responding to the coach. You’re just using Denzel’s (Training Day) philosophy “It’s not what you know, it’s what you can prove”…haha, whatever.

    Donnie and the rest of the brass had to make a call because we put D’Ant on contract. Zeke was easily the scapegoat because D’ant didn’t have the ability to work with the talent we had. Zeke brought in some nice pieces but a few of them were over priced and it hindered us in acquiring additional pieces due to his inexperience with the books, imho, his only true mistakes. On paper we had talent but it takes the right coach to pull it off, ultimately the whole **** was scraped again. This time the issues clearly lie with the coach. So you can continue with your weak tirade about off topic crap, or ignore my post, my opinions and save yourself the inevitable exposure, half of your ass is already showing…

    I only come here to talk BBall but some here seem to be feeling themselves a bit too much, often ending up in a sticky situation they originally thought they could handle. but, just end up with blurry vision from over stroking the ego. What’s left to do but wash your hands and move on…

    I always stick to the subject matter. Hopefully I will never have to waste my time making another off topic post like this again. Sometimes people need to know how their irrelevant behavior really looks.
    http://theoatmeal.com/img/retarded_emails/10_words.jpg

    It's clear to me now what your real issue is:

    Your lack of grammar/capability to understand the English language has made people who actually think on a level-headed basis see you as an idiot. And rather than learn simple grammar tools to sound intelligent and speak properly, you blame the system. Then, to compensate for your lack of an ability to grasp the English language, and to convince the world at large (or maybe, to convince yourself) that you aren't a Mountain Dew chugging illiterate *******, you claim that somehow not grasping the English language, not sounding smart or professional or anything resembling a middle school graduate makes you smarter...

    There are lots of people on here that use slang and whatnot. But they don't claim some sort of superior intellect, and I have absolutely no beef with them (at least due to their improper spelling). It's when people like you show up, claiming superior intellect and a higher thought process while butchering simple conjugations of the English language, that's when I have an issue...So keep sitting there convincing yourself that not sounding proper somehow makes you sound smarter or exist as a smarter more educated person, no skin off my nose.

    -------------

    So back to the basketball debate:

    You really think a lineup with Steph (now playing (or not play) overseas), Jamal (non-starter on the 5th best team in the East) and Zach Randolph, with no draft picks in the coming years and no real ability to add any free agents with any merit because of the bloated contracts of Curry, Jerome James (amongst others) would have won a championship? Answer that question honestly.

    Zeke was easily the scapegoat because of one reason: THE MESS WE WERE IN WAS HIS FAULT! HE HAD TOTAL CONTROL OVER THE TEAM, AND HE PROVED IN ABOUT TWO SEASONS OF "COACHING" NOT EVEN HE COULD SUCCESSFULLY COACH THE TEAM HE PUT TOGETHER. If you are defending Isiah Thomas' tenure in New York, I seriously think you need to take a step back and reconsider your life. Zach is a fine player, Jamal is a fine player, but neither of them, in tandem, with Steph, or by themselves was bringing this team a championship. They couldn't even get us to 30 wins...

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    On paper we had the talent...
    Good thing games aren't played on paper...

    We hit the reset button because we had to, it didn't matter who the coach was. If you really think the coach mattered: well, Isiah couldn't coach his own hellacious squad...I don't see anyone out there with the ability to bring that lineup tot he promised land.
    Last edited by KBlack25; May 04, 2011 at 13:33.

  14. #59
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    If you ignore the Eddy Curry, Jerome James, Steve Francis, Jalen and Malik Rose deals...Isiah Thomas would be considered one of the top 5 gms of all time.I don't see how Knick fans wouldn't give him the opportunity to redeem himself if he has proven that he has a better eye for talent than Donnie Walsh.

    When you really look at it, Donnie Walsh has been overhyped by Knick fans just for undoing everything that Isiah did.This is the same Isiah that many Knick fans were praising before all the scandals broke out in his last year with the Knicks.Isiah ran into a lot of bad luck even though the Knicks had the talent to make it further into the playoffs than they do now.

    With the emergence of Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford, it is evident that Isiah Thomas could recognize a winning player from a thousand miles away.I know there will be Knick fans who are going to get wildly out of control for anything they perceive as pro Isiah but everyone is an entitled to their opinion...So if you have any ad hominems, name calling, or negative reps to throw in my direction but won't debate an issue please ignore this post by not responding to it.Thank You.

  15. #60
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    http://theoatmeal.com/img/retarded_emails/10_words.jpg

    Thanks for proving my point^^

    It's clear to me now what your real issue is:

    Your lack of grammar/capability to understand the English language has made people who actually think on a level-headed basis see you as an idiot. And rather than learn simple grammar tools to sound intelligent and speak properly, you blame the system. Then, to compensate for your lack of an ability to grasp the English language, and to convince the world at large (or maybe, to convince yourself) that you aren't a Mountain Dew chugging illiterate *******, you claim that somehow not grasping the English language, not sounding smart or professional or anything resembling a middle school graduate makes you smarter...

    Still holding fast to that card, huh. It's ok, it's not working anyway because you probably broke it from over using it. Stay on topic, you're losing yourself here. And what other people here are you talking about, an imaginary friend? You are the only one making an issue out of this BS. I have no problems in the real world with my English. Besides, I have/pay people like you to deal with that issue for me...that's if it ever was a problem. Your opinion of its importance will soon dwindle away as you get older youngin. Trust me, I'll put big bank on that...unless you plan on typing draft letters for the boss...the use of proper grammar is highly overrated.

    There are lots of people on here that use slang and whatnot. But they don't claim some sort of superior intellect, and I have absolutely no beef with them (at least due to their improper spelling). It's when people like you show up, claiming superior intellect and a higher thought process while butchering simple conjugations of the English language, that's when I have an issue...So keep sitting there convincing yourself that not sounding proper somehow makes you sound smarter or exist as a smarter more educated person, no skin off my nose.

    Where did I claim this superior intellect? Sounds like you're assuming to me...you must like exposing your ass crack. You're doing nothing but proving my point, again...and being clueless about it at the same time. You have the nerve to talk about my comprehension...I guess my last post just flew right over your asshat.

    -------------

    So back to the basketball debate:

    You really think a lineup with Steph (now playing (or not play) overseas), Jamal (non-starter on the 5th best team in the East) and Zach Randolph, with no draft picks in the coming years and no real ability to add any free agents with any merit because of the bloated contracts of Curry, Jerome James (amongst others) would have won a championship? Answer that question honestly.

    Curry (imo) lost interest in the coach therefore he lost interest in the game, not to mention his off the court issues dealing with his child. I still think if we had another coach (who uses centers the right way), the whole Curry debate would have been a non issue. Jerome James was a gamble and a bad one at that...but whoes fault is it to bring back Jeffries, of all people? We had pieces but they didn't fit the stubborn coaches style of play, so Walsh had to react. I thought I said this already. If you don't agree with it, cool with me. but I do see it's stripping the skin off of your nose... yet you deny my opinions/posts get under your skin. haha

    Zeke was easily the scapegoat because of one reason: THE MESS WE WERE IN WAS HIS FAULT! HE HAD TOTAL CONTROL OVER THE TEAM, AND HE PROVED IN ABOUT TWO SEASONS OF "COACHING" NOT EVEN HE COULD SUCCESSFULLY COACH THE TEAM HE PUT TOGETHER. If you are defending Isiah Thomas' tenure in New York, I seriously think you need to take a step back and reconsider your life. Zach is a fine player, Jamal is a fine player, but neither of them, in tandem, with Steph, or by themselves was bringing this team a championship. They couldn't even get us to 30 wins...

    He busted the books because he was inexperienced with dishing out the funds. I never thought of him as a coach either. But he does have an eye for talent...all of the talent we had was shipped out because of incompatibilities, not all had bloated contracts, thats just a poor excuse, imo.



    Good thing games aren't played on paper...

    We hit the reset button because we had to, it didn't matter who the coach was. If you really think the coach mattered: well, Isiah couldn't coach his own hellacious squad...I don't see anyone out there with the ability to bring that lineup tot he promised land.

    Zeke is probably not a good coach, I never said he was. His main focus was to bring talent to NY...which he did. The overuse of cap space is just a convenient lie. It's clear why most of the recent X-Knicks excelled elsewhere, while the Knicks sit at home because they were swept by a old washed up Celtics team. The playoffs can be very telling if you watch closely. No need to even speak on it with any language, just observe and learn...

Similar Threads

  1. Jamal Crawford Tribute
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Nov 22, 2008, 10:12
  2. NBA Player of the Week: Jamal Crawford
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jan 20, 2008, 16:44
  3. What should Jamal role be next year?
    By Big C in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jul 25, 2007, 10:09
  4. Jamal expendable?
    By portega1968 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jul 13, 2005, 14:34
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Aug 14, 2004, 16:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •