Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Z-Bo and Jamal

Originally Posted by abcd
    That's not the case. The Bulls didn't want Tim Thomas. He was washed up at that point. They just wanted James' expring contract.
    I mean - he played 14 minutes per game the rest of the way in Chicago and then bought him out...

And James wasn't expiring - he was scheduled to make $6 million the next year but he could be bought out...

"Thomas and James each are scheduled to make more than $6 million next season, but James could be bought out."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If the KNicks kept ZBO and Crawford and dumped Quentin Richardson, Jerome James, and Jared Jeffries(which they did) then they would have had the capspace to sign either Stoudemire or Anthony. The Knicks wouldn't have needed both anyway.

I saw Brook Lopez this season, because I have Yes! Network.
    He is a future all star. Don't just look at boxscores and stats. If you watch the guy play, he has skills. He is the most skilled post up center in the NBA. His shotblocking is good. His rebounding did drop, but that had a lot to do with his injury plus Humphries was grabbing almost 12 boards per game.
    I watched him play too.

To be honest, I never saw the allure like you did. Fact is, when rebounding it looked to me like he didn't care, seemed disinterested...That's what I saw. It COULD have been he was stressed about the Melo stuff, but honestly, to me he looks soft. I need, from my center (personal opinion) somebody that is gritty and willing to go after every rebound.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I watched him play too.

To be honest, I never saw the allure like you did. Fact is, when rebounding it looked to me like he didn't care, seemed disinterested...That's what I saw. It COULD have been he was stressed about the Melo stuff, but honestly, to me he looks soft. I need, from my center (personal opinion) somebody that is gritty and willing to go after every rebound.
    The Knicks have Jared Jeffries and Ronny Turiaf at center.

Brook Lopez has a jump shot, hook shot, drop step, turn around, and he can drive to the basket. He can also make free throws(rare for a center).

He can rebound. I just think he had an off year, because of a shoulder injury. He's not a big leaper, so he depends on his arms to grab rebounds. Kind of like Zach Randolph. His rebounding will go up this year. And he's a good shotblocker who can contest shots at key moments.

The Knicks have Jared Jeffries and Ronny Turiaf at center.

Brook Lopez has a jump shot, hook shot, drop step, turn around, and he can drive to the basket. He can also make free throws(rare for a center).

He can rebound. I just think he had an off year, because of a shoulder injury. He's not a big leaper, so he depends on his arms to grab rebounds. Kind of like Zach Randolph. His rebounding will go up this year. And he's a good shotblocker who can contest shots at key moments.
    Nobody is doubting that the Knicks centers are terrible.

To be honest, if I had a choice, I'm taking Roy Hibbert over Lopez on THIS team.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    No one gave u permission to speak, u already know what it is clown

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I don't need permission to speak because I am a GROWN-ASS MAN. I can talk... BTW how is Starbury's career going NOW??? Like I told you Starbury nut-lickers back then when the Knicks quit paying him, Steph's career was OVER. (Best Charles Barley voice) "I maybee, I maybee, I maybee wrong, but I doubt it....

Veteran

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    We all know Crawford can score in bunches - but isn't that a D'Antoni-style player? Doesn't that just show it was about the $, not the personnel? Also, you have to attribute some of Jamal success to the fact that he is playing against either tired defenders who were guarding Joe Johnson all day, or just worse players and defenses can't really key in on him because of how athletic Atlanta is.

If you look at his "clutch" stats (4th quarter or OT neither team ahead by more than 5) - he settles for jumpers 83% of the time...Isn't that a D'Antoni player (from people who want to bash MDA)?

Doesn't Jamal Crawford show it was about the $ and not the personnel when the decision to move him was made?
    We all know Jamal, Z-bo and anybody else from that era Knicks was moved for cap space. Tell us something new.... I thought this thread was about why the KNICKS didn't have MORE sucess while both players WERE on our roster.....

Veteran

You Pro-Randolph fans are such bandwagoners...

When he was with the Knicks his defense sucked. He would miss a shot or not get a call and sit there complaining rather then hustle back on defense...

The guy has definetly grown up and matured into a star player.....But thats not who he was with the Knicks.....

He is the same guy who took a leave of absence from the Clippers due to a death and then was shown partying in a strip club that night ( not a bad way to grieve )..

Then a buddy of his got busted for dealing weed....

NY may have been too much for him...

why is the focus on always looking back.....we are sitting pretty now....

we have 3 all-stars to start the season.....

LA could have traded Bynum for Melo....safe bet they wished they do....

Nobody has a crystal ball....

If we can get lucky and fins ourselves a bigman for cheap or if Jordan learned enough in Europe to be a player we will enough money to go after Paul or use it on 2 solid players....

we are 2 players away from a title team and we are finally in a $$$ position to make this happen....

too many what if's......those days are over...

Look where we are Today.

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    We all know Jamal, Z-bo and anybody else from that era Knicks was moved for cap space. Tell us something new.... I thought this thread was about why the KNICKS didn't have MORE sucess while both players WERE on our roster.....
    If you read this thread, you will see that that isn't true. Some people on here are convinced they were moved for other reasons.

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I don't need permission to speak because I am a GROWN-ASS MAN. I can talk... BTW how is Starbury's career going NOW??? Like I told you Starbury nut-lickers back then when the Knicks quit paying him, Steph's career was OVER. (Best Charles Barley voice) "I maybee, I maybee, I maybee wrong, but I doubt it....
    This thread for grown folks only, close your mouth faggit

Originally Posted by skisloper
    You Pro-Randolph fans are such bandwagoners...

When he was with the Knicks his defense sucked. He would miss a shot or not get a call and sit there complaining rather then hustle back on defense...

The guy has definetly grown up and matured into a star player.....But thats not who he was with the Knicks.....

He is the same guy who took a leave of absence from the Clippers due to a death and then was shown partying in a strip club that night ( not a bad way to grieve )..

Then a buddy of his got busted for dealing weed....

NY may have been too much for him...

why is the focus on always looking back.....we are sitting pretty now....

we have 3 all-stars to start the season.....

LA could have traded Bynum for Melo....safe bet they wished they do....

Nobody has a crystal ball....

If we can get lucky and fins ourselves a bigman for cheap or if Jordan learned enough in Europe to be a player we will enough money to go after Paul or use it on 2 solid players....

we are 2 players away from a title team and we are finally in a $$$ position to make this happen....

too many what if's......those days are over...

Look where we are Today.
    eat a dikk lame

Anyone familiar with basketball could see Z-Bo's talent with us. He was a good player on a bad team. He is the type of player that needs a good defensive center next to him but so is Dirk Nowitzki, is he a bad player?

I could give a **** less if his homie gets busted for sellin weed, whats that got to do with him and how good of a basketball player he is?

I am happy with the current Knicks team but i dont see anything wrong with me or anyone else on here being a Z-Bo fan, as long as we got your permission boss

Veteran

Z-Bo was a decent player with us. It seems as if everyone thinks he's suddenly gotten tons better, but that's not true...his defensive weaknesses have just been covered up by the fact that he has Marc Gasol guarding the paint next to him.

Here's the thing - without dumping Z-Bo for cap space we probably don't get Amar'e...I know Z-Bo seems pretty good right now, but do you seriously think that anybody from 2 years ago would rather have Z-Bo instead of Amar'e Stoudemire? I doubt it.

I see some David Lee shots in here. I don't get it. Lee clearly has game. His numbers went down with the Warriors, but they had Monta and Curry.

Veteran

Lee's still great, his one problem was and still is defense, he's a black hole on defense.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Lee's still great, his one problem was and still is defense, he's a black hole on defense.
    Yeah he wasn't good on defense with us, although some Warriors fans said he stepped up lol. I dunno though, I haven't seen enough Warriors games to judge.

Veteran

In Golden State what constitutes as "defense" is always one of those things. They might be one of the few teams that emphasizes defense less than O'Antoni

Veteran

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    This thread for grown folks only, close your mouth faggit

eat a dikk lame

Anyone familiar with basketball could see Z-Bo's talent with us. He was a good player on a bad team. He is the type of player that needs a good defensive center next to him but so is Dirk Nowitzki, is he a bad player?

I could give a **** less if his homie gets busted for sellin weed, whats that got to do with him and how good of a basketball player he is?

I am happy with the current Knicks team but i dont see anything wrong with me or anyone else on here being a Z-Bo fan, as long as we got your permission boss
    Little sensitive aren't we.....
    I would love to pull up the past threads when everyone bitched and moan about Randolph not playing defense....