Did anyone kinda think that Pierce took Melo to school?

Fukk u talkin about f*ggot? Melo sh*tted on Pierce

• Melo had to work extra hard b/c of Knicks injuries

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Celtics team defense >> Knicks

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Options 1 and 2

• Fukk u talkin about f*ggot? Melo sh*tted on Pierced

• It was about even

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pierce probably played a little bit better then Melo

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Pierce took cornymelo to school on the short yellow bus

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingCharles34

All Star
Heres my post from another thread

And I have to admit, Pierce sorta took Carmelo to school :redface:

Carmelo was too quick to jack up shots while Pierce used slick moves, fakes, and stutter steps to free himself for open shots. I hope Melo took some notes while he was in class

Carmelo was facing a better team defense then pierce was, and while this statement holds some validity i think its also an excuse. Im not trying to be biased, Carmelo is as talented as they come. He just needs to make a few minor adjustments

How does everybody feel about this?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I think Pierce is the better or more consistent player as of now.

We definitely might have won at least a couple of game though if we didn't have injuries. Maybe even the series. I believe Anthony Carter could have actually helped us a lot to win at least one game, but D'Antoni didn't play him until it was obvious he should have.

KingCharles34

All Star
its too bad because melo can easily be the better player if he just tweaks his game a little bit. Pierce is the master of headfakes and herky jerky moves

I have always liked and respected Paul P., but in this case the experience and cohesiveness of the two teams were the difference maker...

clumsy

Rotation player
Personally I think Pierce has always been better than Melo. I agree Melo was forcing too much tho. Next year he'll be better.

I think Melo was one of the best players on a horrible Knick team this postseason!

Did Pierce have the upper hand? Sure.

Did he take him to school? Naaaaah. Never.

Melo had that huge game in Boston and generally was pretty much the only offensive player that provided some quality for us.

I'd say Rondo took Douglas to school, Allen took Fields to school and Garnett/O'Neal owned our frontcourt, but Pierce didn't school Melo. Pierce was on the better team, Melo gave his all and was one of the very few decent players for us.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
idt pierce took melo to school. he played good throughout the series, but he didn't take melo out to the wood shed or anything. Melo shyted on em pretty badly in game 2. if anything i'd say it was a wash.

KingCharles34

All Star
I think Melo was one of the best players on a horrible Knick team this postseason!

Did Pierce have the upper hand? Sure.

Did he take him to school? Naaaaah. Never.

Melo had that huge game in Boston and generally was pretty much the only offensive player that provided some quality for us.

I'd say Rondo took Douglas to school, Allen took Fields to school and Garnett/O'Neal owned our frontcourt, but Pierce didn't school Melo. Pierce was on the better team, Melo gave his all and was one of the very few decent players for us.

No debate about that, honestly fukk Douglas. Bibby is doing a better job on Rondo then Douglas did and Douglas is twice as fast. It just shows that intelligence >> athleticism

No debate about that, honestly fukk Douglas. Bibby is doing a better job on Rondo then Douglas did and Douglas is twice as fast. It just shows that intelligence >> athleticism

Let's not bury Toney yet, after all he was the ACC defensive player of the year and had a decent regular season for us!

I think he was our MIP this year. A good defensive minded coach wouldn't be too bad for him imo.

Look at guys like Carter who played for Riley or Billups who learned a lot from Larry Brown, all defensive minded old school coaches. All Douglas has ever had is Mike 'score 130 points' D'Antoni - let's not forget that.

Lionel Hollins, Larry Drew or Jeff van Gundy could turn him into a premier backcourt defender imo.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Let's not bury Toney yet, after all he was the ACC defensive player of the year and had a decent regular season for us!

I think he was our MIP this year. A good defensive minded coach wouldn't be too bad for him imo.

Look at guys like Carter who played for Riley or Billups who learned a lot from Larry Brown, all defensive minded old school coaches. All Douglas has ever had is Mike 'score 130 points' D'Antoni - let's not forget that.

Lionel Hollins, Larry Drew or Jeff van Gundy could turn him into a premier backcourt defender imo.
Yeah. The TEAMS who defend well don't let Rondo's shit happen. Rondo isn't that good, not even an all-star imo, the definition of inflated stats. Yeah, he's good, but he really isn't a hard player to defend. I could guard him if I worked out.