Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Walsh to persue Dalembert this offseason

Veteran

The main reason why I don't want him is because of his age. Stat and Melo both wore ice packs on their knees because of the way our team plays ball. We run, run ,run. We are going to need fresh legs to keep up. I don't trust Dalem's endurance or his legs (at his age) in this system. If we change coach's then he might be worth the risk.

KnicksonLIN.com

I don't mind getting Samuel Dalembert, as long as he doesn't ask for too much money. Given the fact that centers are rare, a 3 year $15 million dollar contract seems fair. If he wants more than that, I say wait until the 2012 free agency.

This is why the Knicks should have drafted a center when they had a chance in 2008. Centers are so rare that even mediocore centers are getting 5-8 million dollars a year.

If the Knicks get Dwight Howard, they're going to have to give him 20 million dollars a year. No if, ands, or buts. Howard's the best center in the league, but with Stoudemire already on the team, that won't give the Knicks enough capspace to sign a point guard once Billups is done.

Veteran

If we change coaches then Dalembert would be a good player. Carmelo is far more of a half-court player anyway. 30 is pretty old, though, that's true - especially in D'Antoni's system.

Hell I bet D'Antoni wouldn't even play him LOL

Miami may be in on Dalembert. Who do you think he's signing with if MOA is still our coach?