Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49

Thread: Walsh to persue Dalembert this offseason

  1. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,188
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    I don't get all these ppl that don't want Dalembert.


    If we could get Dalembert for the MLE that would be a great offseason
    pickup, plus having Turiaf, while developing Jerome Jordan in spot games.

    The Knicks no longer need "CAP-FLEXIBILITY" it interrupts the
    players development as a jellin-chemistry team.

  2. #32
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman


    If we could get Dalembert for the MLE that would be a great offseason
    pickup, plus having Turiaf, while developing Jerome Jordan in spot games.

    The Knicks no longer need "CAP-FLEXIBILITY" it interrupts the
    players development as a jellin-chemistry team.
    I think Dalembert commands more than the MLE in free agency though...

  3. #33
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I think Dalembert commands more than the MLE in free agency though...
    Not at his age if no one out there is really looking for a C his age for maybe more than 5-6mil per. I think we have a legit shot at getting him. Only if the Kings over pay him with 8-9mil which will be stupid. He's just a defensive C with no offensive game( he's better on O than Turiaf) and he's in the later years of his career 5-6 million and that's it.

  4. #34
    Member JeffVanGundyPLEASE!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    0

    Default What is all the HYPE!!

    Dalembert is dumber than Jared Jefferies offensively and that's really saying something. There is a reason why the 76ers got rid of him and went on the playoff run do you want this guy to do this to us in the closing minutes while Melo is hoisting a game winner..... I THINK NOT DONNIE LOOK ELSE WHERE PLEASE!


  5. #35
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Not at his age if no one out there is really looking for a C his age for maybe more than 5-6mil per. I think we have a legit shot at getting him. Only if the Kings over pay him with 8-9mil which will be stupid. He's just a defensive C with no offensive game( he's better on O than Turiaf) and he's in the later years of his career 5-6 million and that's it.
    If Brandon Haywood can command 6 years 6.7 million, Jermaine O'Neal can get 5.5 million, MArcus Camby can get ELEVEN million, Marcin Gortat can get 6.3 million, Jeff Foster can get 6.65 what makes you think that Dalembert would come cheap. He's old but he's not THAT old.

  6. #36
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,031
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    If Brandon Haywood can command 6 years 6.7 million, Jermaine O'Neal can get 5.5 million, MArcus Camby can get ELEVEN million, Marcin Gortat can get 6.3 million, Jeff Foster can get 6.65 what makes you think that Dalembert would come cheap. He's old but he's not THAT old.
    Would we even have the cap with Billups making over 14 million?

  7. #37
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Would we even have the cap with Billups making over 14 million?
    No.

    Which is why unless we get him for the MLE we won't have him. I think he commands more than the MLE, even if only slightly...

  8. #38
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,031
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    No.

    Which is why unless we get him for the MLE we won't have him. I think he commands more than the MLE, even if only slightly...
    Yeah I think so too. And he doesn't even have an afro anymore.

  9. #39
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    If Brandon Haywood can command 6 years 6.7 million, Jermaine O'Neal can get 5.5 million, MArcus Camby can get ELEVEN million, Marcin Gortat can get 6.3 million, Jeff Foster can get 6.65 what makes you think that Dalembert would come cheap. He's old but he's not THAT old.
    Camby gets 8 million
    and Foster's contract has expired
    No body else is overpaid and besides
    Foster the rest are better than Dalembert
    and I was saying he should only get 5-6 million
    Which I think is the whole MLE.

  10. #40
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Camby gets 8 million
    and Foster's contract has expired
    No body else is overpaid and besides
    Foster the rest are better than Dalembert
    and I was saying he should only get 5-6 million
    Which I think is the whole MLE.
    Your argument is we should sign a center who is not better than Jeff Foster to be our starting center?

    I might go hang myself...

    Camby this year made 11.7 million, by the way, according to ESPN's trade machine.

  11. #41
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Your argument is we should sign a center who is not better than Jeff Foster to be our starting center?

    I might go hang myself...

    Camby this year made 11.7 million, by the way, according to ESPN's trade machine.
    My argument is we should only pay Dalembert 5-6 million
    anything is over-paying because he is only defensive minded
    (slightly better than Turiaf) then we should sign Mohammed/Foster
    then we will have some legit big Men.

  12. #42
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,188
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I think Dalembert commands more than the MLE in free agency though...
    Dalembert should command more than the MLE from (certain) teams like Sac,
    GS, Houston, Detroit, and Indiana. But.......certain teams like the Knicks,
    Miami, and Atlanta who will be looking for a center this summer,
    Dalembert cant (even) command the entire MLE, b/c of the talent
    already on the roster

  13. #43
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,188
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    My argument is we should only pay Dalembert 5-6 million
    anything is over-paying because he is only defensive minded
    (slightly better than Turiaf) then we should sign Mohammed/Foster
    then we will have some legit big Men.
    In Dalembert career in the NBA, he has walked all over the Knicks in every game.
    Having Dalembert as our starter, Turiaf as backup, and Jerome Jordan getting
    spot minutes in every other game.....the Knicks would be on the road of success

  14. #44
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    In Dalembert career in the NBA, he has walked all over the Knicks in every game.
    Having Dalembert as our starter, Turiaf as backup, and Jerome Jordan getting
    spot minutes in every other game.....the Knicks would be on the road of success
    I thought they said Jerome Jordan did well in Europe and
    might sign with them because of a looming Lockout.

  15. #45
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by JeffVanGundyPLEASE!
    Dalembert is dumber than Jared Jefferies offensively and that's really saying something. There is a reason why the 76ers got rid of him and went on the playoff run do you want this guy to do this to us in the closing minutes while Melo is hoisting a game winner..... I THINK NOT DONNIE LOOK ELSE WHERE PLEASE!

    You don't think the Knicks need a guy to put up 3 blocks & 19 rebounds?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Feb 03, 2011, 20:35
  2. Walsh Interested in Boozer
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jul 15, 2009, 09:17
  3. Walsh Transcript
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 23, 2009, 15:20
  4. Replies: 219
    Last Post: Apr 15, 2009, 07:35
  5. Walsh puts drafting Mayo a top priority
    By lanceroy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 25, 2008, 12:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •