Is this the most unpredictable playoffs for a long time?

smokes

Huge Member
In recent years it's felt so predictable who will be in the finals and who is going to beat who in a given series. This years feels a lot different. The Grizzlies and Hawks especially are playing some great ball. I could actually see the Hawks reaching the finals if they manage to get past the Bulls.

The Lakers look like a shell of their former selves right now and although Dallas is a great team I think OKC/Memphis has a good chance to top them.

I wonder what odds you'd get on an OKC vs ATL NBA finals right now!

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
The commentator said it best...

"It's the changing of the guards"

This is the beginning of a new chapter in the NBA.

...and I'm glad my team is on the right side of things.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Lakers down 2-0 I'm loving it, after all those years when Mavs choked in the playoffs it looks it finally may be their year. Bulls will get past Hawks their defence is too good just look at game 2 they shut them down completely.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Hawks also settled for a bunch of mind boggling, insanely terrible, shots (at least when I was watching, only saw the first half.)

But yea, at this point, I have no idea who'll end up in the Finals or who'll even win it all.

Yeah it definitely is. It seems as if everyone brought their A game this year. Last year you can sort of predict a Lakers vs Celtics or Cavs but this year it seems as if everyone has a shot. I even think Memphis can get to the finals!

p0nder

Starter
In a longggg time. No Spurs, no lakers, magic are out, Miami playing very strong.

I think this will be the Mav's year. They have a lot of depth and Dirk is one of the most unguardable players in the league.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
These playoffs had a lot of upsets. The Knicks got swept(who would have thought of that). :lol:

Seriously, though. I don't think anyone except for Charles Barkley thought that the Grizzlies would be in the conference semi-finals.

And the way the Lakers went out was shocking.

I heard Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant had problems in the lockeroom. That might have been why Gasol played so poorly. Gasol reminded me of Eddy Curry, the way he played. The Lakers need an upgrade at point guard and small forward. Fisher is a 35 year old, shoot first point guard. That is unacceptable. And Artest is way too inconsistent. They should have traded for Melo when they had a chance.

I expected the Hawks to beat the Magic, but Orlando did have the better record and home court advantage.

They have gotten very unpredictable, i kinda like that thou.

I don't think Chicago will make it all the way because they depend on Rose to do to much, just take away his inside game and that time will have major problems. ATL plays great team ball when they are inspired, If they stay focused as a unit they will be the team to surprise everyone. I like Memphis too, but without R.Gay I'm hesitant in saying they can push it to the end, but seeing that LA and SA is out...they have a really good chance. I don't see Dallas winning it all, I think they were more lucky than skillful in beating a troubled Lakers team. Altough they shot very well from the field against LA, I don't see them as lucky battling a team that's younger and as hungry as they are (Grizzles,OKC). I know Dallas was fighting for years to get where they're at, so I kinda see their hunger along with their team chimistry (and Kid) giving them the possible slight edge,thou. The Celtics are just about done, but if they can let their experience control the game...and continue to play with heart (like Rondo makes them do) they will be a hard out. If Rondo is a no go...so are the Celtics. The Heat is the team to beat. They may lack experience but if they keep their big 3 in double digits and keep playing good defense...they can go all the way. Just my opinions from my observations, so far...

oshi

Benchwarmer
Yeah it's been pretty unpredictable, Charles Barkley's playoff picks have mostly been true he had Spurs going out round 1 for instance. I thought Memphis would be tough and were underrated but not like this. I had OKC/Chicago as the 2 teams in the finals as my prediction and that's still a good possibility. I think right now with the teams at 2-2 I think Memphis might have a slight edge though only because of how Westbrook has been playing, he takes too many shots. Durant has the best shooting stroke when it comes to the superstars in the league hands down.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Yeah it's been pretty unpredictable, Charles Barkley's playoff picks have mostly been true he had Spurs going out round 1 for instance. I thought Memphis would be tough and were underrated but not like this. I had OKC/Chicago as the 2 teams in the finals as my prediction and that's still a good possibility. I think right now with the teams at 2-2 I think Memphis might have a slight edge though only because of how Westbrook has been playing, he takes too many shots. Durant has the best shooting stroke when it comes to the superstars in the league hands down.
Dirk does.