Thread: Toney Douglas has arthroscopic surgery to repair tear in shooting shoulder Wednesday

Default Toney Douglas has arthroscopic surgery to repair tear in shooting shoulder Wednesday

There is a very good reason why [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] struggled against the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]' backup guard was playing with a damaged right shoulder that required surgery Wednesday.

According to the club, Douglas had arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shooting arm. Team physician [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] performed the operation.
    Douglas' recovery time is expected to be 12 to 16 weeks, and the injury also raises concerns about how much of an impact it could have on his future. The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] product averaged 10.6 points this season, his second in the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    But he wasn't in top form for the Knicks while Boston was sweeping them out of the first round of the playoffs. Douglas averaged 10.8 points while shooting 37% from the field. He was forced to start the last three games after [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] suffered a knee injury in Game 1 and missed the remainder of the series.
    Billups, Douglas and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], who suffered a back injury before Game 2, were all injured during the series.
    Douglas' health is likely one of the reasons why the Knicks decided to pick up the one-year, $14.2 million option on Billups' contract.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Your thoughts?

Another reason why D'Antoni should be fired. He decided to play injured Douglas at PG against all-star Rondo instead of healthy Anthony Carter who has been solid PG backup his entire career...

12-16 weeks?! I guess he wont be working much on his game this offseason.

Good luck with the surgery Toney!

Hope everything heals as planned.

I didn't think about his shoulder(s) much. The commentators mentioned it, but not much, which isn't surprising since he did play a lot. Maybe things would have been a lot different if he wasn't hurt.

Here's to healing, Toney!

Superstar

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    Another reason why D'Antoni should be fired. He decided to play injured Douglas at PG against all-star Rondo instead of healthy Anthony Carter who has been solid PG backup his entire career...
    How many minutes do you think Carter could have put in against Rondo? Carter's too old, Rondo's too quick. Douglas could clearly play, he just should have opted against taking too many shots. With Billups injured Douglas and Carter were our only two PG's (though Douglas arguably more of a combo guard if not a shooting guard)

On a slightly different matter. Am I the only person that feels Rondo should be much easier to defend? He has no outside game whatsoever. Just give him space and either take a charge. let him shoot from outside, or double team him at the right time during his drive when it's too late to pass rather than shoot. I think the Knicks did that very well in the first game but that was down to Billups being fit and playing with the wisdom that experience has granted him.

Originally Posted by TakMan
    How many minutes do you think Carter could have put in against Rondo? Carter's too old, Rondo's too quick. Douglas could clearly play, he just should have opted against taking too many shots. With Billups injured Douglas and Carter were our only two PG's (though Douglas arguably more of a combo guard if not a shooting guard)

On a slightly different matter. Am I the only person that feels Rondo should be much easier to defend? He has no outside game whatsoever. Just give him space and either take a charge. let him shoot from outside, or double team him at the right time during his drive when it's too late to pass rather than shoot. I think the Knicks did that very well in the first game but that was down to Billups being fit and playing with the wisdom that experience has granted him.
    Rondo isn't that good. I realize Rondo has great teammates and you don't want to leave them open, but it's like Rondo has some magical powers to have the defender let him get lay-ups sometimes. We're not the only team this has happened to.

Seriously, he's not that good. His stats are inflated, HIGHLY inflated.

He isn't too fast for Anthony Carter. AC was sonning him as soon he got in in the second half of Game 4. Carter is a better player too. Don't let the media and stats fool you. Carter is a better player period.

trade douglas and rautins for teague.....

Here me out I feel Atlanta is gonna have to make some trades to take that next step and Douglas is a good scoring combo guard who can be used as an asset and Rautins makes it work cap wise.

Teague while not a great combo pg is more balanced and could be bred into the back up pg of the future....

Originally Posted by Wargames

Here me out I feel Atlanta is gonna have to make some trades to take that next step and Douglas is a good scoring combo guard who can be used as an asset and Rautins makes it work cap wise.

Teague while not a great combo pg is more balanced and could be bred into the back up pg of the future....
    lol he has two good games and you want to trade our best defender for him? Can we for once have a season without trades? All we need to do is draft Faried, sign Dalembert and sign some vets like Grant Hill, Przybilla, etc.

Originally Posted by Wargames

Teague isn't even better than TD.

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    lol he has two good games and you want to trade our best defender for him? Can we for once have a season without trades? All we need to do is draft Faried, sign Dalembert and sign some vets like Grant Hill, Przybilla, etc.
    i agree..lets start having a solid team that can stay together.

Maybe this is the reason for him playing the ****tiest defence i ever saw in my life against rondo that series. Get well soon my G.