Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenneth Faried grabbing Knicks' attention

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Hopefully the CBA will allow us to use the MLE so we can sign Dalembert. I think he will really help our interior defense and will make it more difficult for players like Rondo/Rose to score in the paint. Hopefully we can bring back Jerome Jordan too and see how his size will help us.
    Jordan had a good season I heard overseas.

Honestly, I don't care really care too much about a guys height, if he can D-Up a center and REBOUND like a center, then he can play.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Jordan had a good season I heard overseas.

Honestly, I don't care really care too much about a guys height, if he can D-Up a center and REBOUND like a center, then he can play.

Thats pretty much all i want this offseason. Resign Walsh, Resign Shawne Williams+AC, Draft Faried, Sign Dalembert or Deandre(If available) using the MLE, Bring back Jerome Jordan, and if we can i want to sign vets like Przybilla,Grant Hill, Nazr Mohammed. With that roster i think we can become serious contenders.

keep in mind everyone we need a center not just to rebound but to make those fast PG who like to penetrate the paint for a lay up think twice about it. Nothing makes running into the paint for a lay up seem more like a bad idea than a foot ball 7 foot 250-275 pound center.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    keep in mind everyone we need a center not just to rebound but to make those fast PG who like to penetrate the paint for a lay up think twice about it. Nothing makes running into the paint for a lay up seem more like a bad idea than a foot ball 7 foot 250-275 pound center.
    There won't be any decent centers available at pick 17.

We should draft a legit shooting SG so Fields can be our sixth man
    He works well in that glue guy role, we need shooting and scoring/defense
    from a starting SG.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

That's who they have us getting

Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

That's who they have us getting
    I would love to have him but i highly doubt he will be there at pick 17.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    There won't be any decent centers available at pick 17.
    there is only one decent center in the first 17 picks... this is not a draft for centers

Originally Posted by moneyg
    there is only one decent center in the first 17 picks... this is not a draft for centers
    Is there a chance at all we can move up to try and land Biyombo? His stock is rising daily, but he might be a very very good center, especially if we don't have to rely on him to do any scoring...

I'd rather have Marcus.. no homo... but Markieff Morris would be perfect for us with his size and versatility. Perfect backup pf for Amare who I believe could have star potential one day.

Don't tell me I saw this guy at the bank yesterday. I kept thinking he's white.

Thats pretty much all i want this offseason. Resign Walsh, Resign Shawne Williams+AC, Draft Faried, Sign Dalembert or Deandre(If available) using the MLE, Bring back Jerome Jordan, and if we can i want to sign vets like Przybilla,Grant Hill, Nazr Mohammed. With that roster i think we can become serious contenders.
    At most you will get maybe Dalembert for the MLE, or you can split it between Pryz & Hill, & maybe sign Shawne, Nazr & AC to veteran's minimum contracts, & then bring over Jordan along with whoever we draft in the 1st round. I think we can pretty much forget about Deandre Jordan there's no way the Clips won't match a MLE offer to him in any case.

Originally Posted by STAT1
    or you can split it between Pryz & Hill, & maybe sign Shawne, Nazr & AC to veteran's minimum contracts, & then bring over Jordan along with whoever we draft in the 1st round.
    This.

I don't think we can sign Shawne to a vet minimun contract but he did say he would sign at any price. Draft Faried, split the MLE with Grant and Przybillia, sign AC & Nazr to vet minimums, then bring over Jerome Jordan agreed 100% my friend.

This.

I don't think we can sign Shawne to a vet minimun contract but he did say he would sign at any price. Draft Faried, split the MLE with Grant and Przybillia, sign AC & Nazr to vet minimums, then bring over Jerome Jordan agreed 100% my friend.
    Yeah, I believe Shawne would be open to signing on a minimum contract. Seems to me he wants to stick around & is sick of switching teams. He mentioned that he liked the chemistry that's developing here, you can already tell he gets along great with Melo, Chauncey & STAT, & obviously he likes playing for MDA & probably feels loyalty towards Donnie since he's the one who believed in him ever since he drafted him in Indiana & brought him over to the Knicks. I like Shawne, I think he can help us win in the longterm. Probably one of the few guys that is always accountable for himself & sticks up for his teammates around here.

I also think the more realistic way to go is to split the MLE between 2 or 3 guys on 1 year deals, which would fill our needs in the present & still give us the flexibility we need to make a big splash in 2012. I don't see any way the Knicks will ever land any of these bigger C names you hear being talked about by guys, Nene, Marc Gasol, D Jordan, none of those guys are gonna be Knicks IMO.

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by STAT1
    Yeah, I believe Shawne would be open to signing on a minimum contract. Seems to me he wants to stick around & is sick of switching teams. He mentioned that he liked the chemistry that's developing here, you can already tell he gets along great with Melo, Chauncey & STAT, & obviously he likes playing for MDA & probably feels loyalty towards Donnie since he's the one who believed in him ever since he drafted him in Indiana & brought him over to the Knicks. I like Shawne, I think he can help us win in the longterm. Probably one of the few guys that is always accountable for himself & sticks up for his teammates around here.

I also think the more realistic way to go is to split the MLE between 2 or 3 guys on 1 year deals, which would fill our needs in the present & still give us the flexibility we need to make a big splash in 2012. I don't see any way the Knicks will ever land any of these bigger C names you hear being talked about by guys, Nene, Marc Gasol, D Jordan, none of those guys are gonna be Knicks IMO.
    Yeah thats why I made this thread because i feel that this is probably what is most likely going to happen. Maybe Grant, Przybilla, and Nazr can split the MLE? Cause Idk if Nazr would be willing to take a vet minimum. Shawne, AC, and Jerome will all be cheap i think. Lets just hope that we will still have MLE with the new CBA.
    Last edited by AmareForPresident; May 08, 2011 at 10:22.